Mancini/Hughes poll

Are you happy with Mark Hughes being replaced by Roberto Mancini?

• Yes

Votes: 547 55.5%
  • No

Votes: 438 44.5%

• Total voters
ihateredknapp said:
matt_MCFC said:
The result of this poll just shows that this is a very small minority of city supporters. How can you be happy about Mancini, The guy knows nothing about english football and cant speak our language!! You only wanted hughes out and most of you couldnt give a stuff who came in instead. It also seems that City wanted Hughes out and just got whoever was available. We're going backwards again!

Did Mourinho, Wenger, Cappelo (all beit the england team), Hiddink (to an extent), know anything about english football when they came? No! You can at least give Mancini a chance, we haven't even played a game yet you moron and we're already going backwards? How exactly have you come to that?

We we're going the right way with hughes. We're top 6. It was too early to get rid. There were a lot of positive thing to go along with the negatives (mainly the defense). Hughes bought decent players, some worked out some didn't. Have you ever been a Hughes supporter or are you like the vast majority of the Morons on here, wanting him out before he even started. I'll give Mancini time but i feel we're getting nowhere keep chopping and changing. Everytime a new manager comes he starts from scratch new players, new styles but whatever. Time will tell

Amatuer and riddled with doubt. We are sixth, in a semi final and within touching distance of the CL places. We appoint someone with no experience of the league at all.

Very underwhelmed. Hughes has been treated shabbily. Three wins, a draw and a defeat in the last five games in an upward trend.

matt_MCFC said:
We we're going the right way with hughes. We're top 6. It was too early to get rid. There were a lot of positive thing to go along with the negatives (mainly the defense). Hughes bought decent players, some worked out some didn't. Have you ever been a Hughes supporter or are you like the vast majority of the Morons on here, wanting him out before he even started. I'll give Mancini time but i feel we're getting nowhere keep chopping and changing. Everytime a new manager comes he starts from scratch new players, new styles but whatever. Time will tell

Fuck the league table, our performances have been dreadful since the Wigan game (baring Arsenal and Chelsea), almost on par to last season.

Goater666 said:
matt_MCFC said:

Fuck the league table, our performances have been dreadful since the Wigan game (baring Arsenal and Chelsea), almost on par to last season.

Results against Arsenal and Chelsea showed what we were capable of. We were also hard to beat. People think that the season with Hughes in charge was only going to get worse. What's to say that it wouldn't have got better?

I voted no. I'm not unhappy that Hughes has gone but I am unhappy with the way it has been handled. Not sure if the owners should take the brunt off the frustration, as has been said before, I would be looking at Garry Cook as the guy behind how this was delivered etc.........surprisingly quiet at the mo.

People on here seem to be concerned about big name foreign managers with no prem experience..... the reason being, I presume, one person- Big Phil Scolari. This is an erroneous point of view however, as the thing Big Phil was lacking was european club experience. Managing international teams and club teams in Brazil is a far cry from any club side in Europe. Plus, he wasn't really given any funds, and his big ego clashed with some of the players, who probably did have more of an idea on what should be done in the prem than him...
Look at other Euro managers though, and you'll find a different story, and tbf Mancini for me has a better club football pedigree than Hiddink, who people here seem to cream over.... and hey, why don't you just compare Hughes and Mancini..? Hughes did ok with Wales.... over achieved with Blackburn, but with a direct system of football suited to poor players... won nowt. With city spent over £200m, didn't really achieve anything better than Sven.
Mancini
ACF Fiorentina

* Coppa Italia: 2000–01 Team were nothing before

S.S. Lazio

* Coppa Italia: 2003–04 Team were struggling to justify their big name

F.C. Internazionale Milano

* Serie A: 2005–06; 2006–07; 2007–08
* Coppa Italia: 2004–05; 2005–06 One of the biggest teams in the world, with a billionaire owner, had won NOTHING for over 15 years! He made them into the team in Italy, making Ancellotti look amateur
Get behind him guys, the future is bight, the future is BLUE
Rant over

Cobwebcat said:
I was not a Hughes inner or outer I could see both sides.

My own preference would have been to review the situation at the season's end, but I wasn't absolutely against a mid-season change for someone spectacular like Mourinho or Hiddink.

Mancini is far from special and is a step backwards, as the the people who wanted Hughes out no matter wha will soon see.

I wouldn't swap our owners for anyone, I am eternally grateful to them, but they have panicked with this appointment. There was no queue for this guy.

I hope to god I am wrong.

Good luck Hughes. I'm now right behind Mancini....I hope he gets the time Hughes didn't.

I voted "no" by the way!

Oh, but yes, I'm unhappy with the way it was handled, but we'll forget about that soon enough... and look at who lead the player revolt... Bellamy. Bellamy is prob my favourite player, but I think he's prob concerned about his place in Mancini's plans... lets hope he just gets his head down and proves himself to the new man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.