Mancini/Hughes poll

Are you happy with Mark Hughes being replaced by Roberto Mancini?

• Yes

Votes: 547 55.5%
  • No

Votes: 438 44.5%

• Total voters
I find it bizarre that so many people are quoting the "He doesn't have Premiership experience" chestnut.

What Premiership experience did Mourinho have before he took over at Chelsea? Wenger at Arsenal? benitez at Liverpool? Hiddink and Ancelloti at Chelsea... Capello at England?

It's a ludicrous stick to beat him with.

It's on par with suggesting that we shouldn't have gone for Kaka because he had no Premiership experience.

Have your concerns about the new appointment by all means, but at least keep it real.

Ric said:
Armaan said:
Ric..... which would did you vote? :D

I voted unhappy. I'd lost patience with Hughes, but appointing someone with no Premiership experience seems ill advised to me. By all accounts the players aren't happy with the move, and at this stage of the season it doesn't make sense. I'd have preferred to ride it out and stick by Hughes and then replace him in summer if necessary, when Mourinho would've been attainable. But hey, what do I know. Mancini has my full support, but his appointment doesn't fill me with any confidence. If I was to stick my head on the block, then I think the owners have fucked up.

Agree with the above and I only hope and pray that the "Typical City Tag" does not come back to haunt us! If Mancini loses againt the scum then I am sure the foamers will be calling for his head.

So I voted yes! the excitement of the takeover subsided for me when we finished 10th last season. I was dreaming of a UEFA place at the start of this one with MH in charge but we never looked like an organized outfit and the owners just had to act, they have acted in the best interest of Manchester City and I'm "thinking top 4 is back on" YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm happy with mancini getting the job!, i did like hughes, but the draw's didn't go in his favour!, perhaps they could have give him to the end of the season!,

I had to vote 'unhappy' because of the way the poll is worded. I have no problem at all with Hughes being shown the door, yesterday was a complete shambles - two up after ten minutes we should be going on to win by 5 or 6. The defense has be getting more and more shambolic as the weeks wear on, the fact that half the coaching staff has been sacked with Hughes would seem to bear out that the owners recognise that the defense weren't going to improve with their current coaching. Mancini? Thats a different kettle of fish. With no English track record it's had to judge but he wouldn't be in my top 10 to replace the Twat who was 1. Red Shite 2. Welsh.
I would urge everybody to give Mancini a chance though. Being Italian his defensive coaching has to be an upgrade and taking over a team which has shown at times that they are inches away from where they should be perhaps he could be the final jigsaw piece

I am disgusted about the way it was handled and voted for Hughes. The only real criticism I have had of him was the selling of Richard Dunne.

As for the owners being "shrewd businessmen" as people keep saying, they might be shrewd in other areas of business but everyone knows that running a football club is not quite the same as running an oil business. They should at least have given Hughes till the end of the season. After all the man has taken us to a semi final for the first time in over 30 years and we are sixth in the Premier League. I had high hopes for the semi final but they are now dashed. Was quite looking forward to Wembley as well but doubt that we will make it now.

I shall support Manchester City as a team but will reserve judgement on the new, anonymous, manager!!

The proof of the pudding is in the eating so lets see how it goes.

But not happy with a manager who doesnt speak english.

i voted no,i am extremely unhappy at the circus that was put infront of the world yesterday that was manchester city and was just glad for the team to win and hughes walking out of the ground with his head held high.

i will support mancini just as much as i supported hughes but still this morning im not sure he is the right choice?

NO .... icant believe this, imo if hughes would have stayed maybe won league cup he would be a legend and i think they are now taking the soul out of the club. 4 of us on way home last night allin shock and all gutted!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.