Mancini/Hughes poll

Are you happy with Mark Hughes being replaced by Roberto Mancini?

• Yes

Votes: 547 55.5%
  • No

Votes: 438 44.5%

• Total voters
Mancini for me.

All the outsiders don't understand but we do.

The dressing room was starting to split and we need everybody playing at their peak to get in the top 4.

The style of play is going to be more akin to Sven's era which I like. The ball will be on the floor.

NO. i still want hughes in, but if we are gonna sack him, get in a hiddink or mourinho. mancini has less experience of the prem than fucking hughes! and hes not even ever won the CL. if the owners were gonna make themselves look like prize backstabbers, do it for a manager whos worth it!

rogdogblue said:
Mancini for me.

The dressing room was starting to split and we need everybody playing at their peak to get in the top 4.

The style of play is going to be more akin to Sven's era which I like. The ball will be on the floor.

trust me the dressing room will be more split than ever! 6 players including given and bellers (boy i wouldnt wanna be the man who told him hughes had gone) went to the board DEMANDING an explanation! and do you know what, SO WOULD FUCKING I!

supercity36 said:
rogdogblue said:
Mancini for me.

trust me the dressing room will be more split than ever! 6 players including given and bellers (boy i wouldnt wanna be the man who told him hughes had gone) went to the board DEMANDING an explanation! and do you know what, SO WOULD FUCKING I!

They're all on monster contracts, I'm sure they'll all be fine come Monday.

Goater666 said:
supercity36 said:

They're all on monster contracts, I'm sure they'll all be fine come Monday.

i know it is to most, but i doubt money is the be all and end all to players like bellamy, who wear their hearts on their sleave and stay LOYAL

Ric said:
Armaan said:
Ric..... which would did you vote? :D

I voted unhappy. I'd lost patience with Hughes, but appointing someone with no Premiership experience seems ill advised to me. By all accounts the players aren't happy with the move, and at this stage of the season it doesn't make sense. I'd have preferred to ride it out and stick by Hughes and then replace him in summer if necessary, when Mourinho would've been attainable. But hey, what do I know. Mancini has my full support, but his appointment doesn't fill me with any confidence. If I was to stick my head on the block, then I think the owners have fucked up.

Exactly my concerns.

svennis pennis said:
Ric said:
I voted unhappy. I'd lost patience with Hughes, but appointing someone with no Premiership experience seems ill advised to me. By all accounts the players aren't happy with the move, and at this stage of the season it doesn't make sense. I'd have preferred to ride it out and stick by Hughes and then replace him in summer if necessary, when Mourinho would've been attainable. But hey, what do I know. Mancini has my full support, but his appointment doesn't fill me with any confidence. If I was to stick my head on the block, then I think the owners have fucked up.

Exactly my concerns.
agreed

I'm abstaining.

Mancini is someone I know pretty much nothing of, certainly in a managerial capacity, and as such I'll see how things go before I judge.

I did like Hughes, calm, collected, always said the right things, and we've had some good times with him.

My main disappointment is the way it was done.

Mancini for me.

It's always kind of sad when a manager is sacked, Hughes has really put in a lot of effort and done his best. But in my view the problem is this:
The owners financed a lot of players in the summer, more than they had initially planned, all in order to satisfy Hughes in whom they showed trust. The owners don't think they have got the result they anticipated. The defenders Hughes bought have not played in accordance with their price tag. We must remember that Hughes bought experienced players in order to have a functioning team fast. Otherwise he would have bought younger och unexperienced players. But Hughes has not really been able to fulfill his strategy, that is, to get assembled experienced players play good football together.

Luckily for City, the owners are prepared, and willing, to invest more in January, in order to secure a top 4 spot. BUT - they are not willing to let Hughes make that investment, based on prvious investments. They are also not prepared to 'sit out' the second half of the season, and see how Hughes fares with the present squad. Therefore, they were 'forced' to make a change of managers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.