Mancini IN ..

Didsbury Dave said:
ban-mcfc said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
OMG NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i WOULDN'T GIVE HIM 20HRS.

Some people are such blinkered sheep. The man has fallen short in everything concerned with management.
Sure, lets give him another 250m to waste. He's cost us a years development and left us with a 'team' who dont play for each other and most of whom aren't good enough - sorry, but just beating a lowly championship side at home isnt a cure all for me.....................

there was a 5 year plan when mancini came in, 5 years to win the league, qualification for the champs league every year in the meantime.

mancini has completed that and more (FA CUP) in 3 years.

You clearly haven't listened to a word Khaldoon's been saying, or have any concept of the "accelerated spending" strategy we took in light of FFP.

Which was balanced by the lack of spending this season no?

ban-mcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
ban-mcfc said:
there was a 5 year plan when mancini came in, 5 years to win the league, qualification for the champs league every year in the meantime.

mancini has completed that and more (FA CUP) in 3 years.

You clearly haven't listened to a word Khaldoon's been saying, or have any concept of the "accelerated spending" strategy we took in light of FFP.

care to enlighten me?

and can you please answer this...

if jose and klopp won't come or aren't fancied by the board, who would you go for?

Go and watch any of Khaldoon's interviews over the last three years to get your answer. Note his comments about "Phase 1"(which was delivered one year late), "Phase 2" (which was delivered last year on time) and "Phase 3" (which we have failed spectacularly to deliver). And note his, and Cook's discussion of an "Accelerated Spending Strategy" which essentially meant fast-track the whole project.

With regards to silly "ifs and buts" about a successor I'll give you the answer I've given many times. If we have to replace him we go for the next best available manager who is interested.

Didsbury Dave said:
ban-mcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:

care to enlighten me?

if jose and klopp won't come or aren't fancied by the board, who would you go for?

Go and watch any of Khaldoon's interviews over the last three years to get your answer. Note his comments about "Phase 1"(which was delivered one year late), "Phase 2" (which was delivered last year on time) and "Phase 3" (which we have failed spectacularly to deliver). And note his, and Cook's discussion of an "Accelerated Spending Strategy" which essentially meant fast-track the whole project.

With regards to silly "ifs and buts" about a successor I'll give you the answer I've given many times. If we have to replace him we go for the next best available manager who is interested.

well as far as i've heard there was a 5 year plan to win the league but i'll have to have a look at some interviews.

in regards to the second bit i just can't see anyone as qualified, don't forget mancini is the most successful manager over the last 2 years in the league.

we're probably going in circles here so i'll agree to disagree.

To win the Champions league you have to have the best players. We would have to match the spending of Real Madrid or Barcelona over the past ten years to be in with a good shout of winning so soon. It will take several years to get the academy producing world class players, so we either wait or get the best two player available for the next few seasons to have a realistic chance. Net spend over the last two years has been below the Rags. FFP might be the reason, but there are ways around. Perhaps now that the league has been won the next big PR campaign is to win with home grown players.

jonmcity said:
To win the Champions league you have to have the best players. We would have to match the spending of Real Madrid or Barcelona over the past ten years to be in with a good shout of winning so soon. It will take several years to get the academy producing world class players, so we either wait or get the best two player available for the next few seasons to have a realistic chance. Net spend over the last two years has been below the Rags. FFP might be the reason, but there are ways around. Perhaps now that the league has been won the next big PR campaign is to win with home grown players.

look at chelsea, anything can happen.

ban-mcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
ban-mcfc said:
care to enlighten me?

well as far as i've heard there was a 5 year plan to win the league but i'll have to have a look at some interviews.

in regards to the second bit i just can't see anyone as qualified, don't forget mancini is the most successful manager over the last 2 years in the league.

My final post in here as I don't want to derail, to answer others and yourself I give 3 names of who I'd like here.

Klopp
Jose
Del Bosque

If we can't get any of the above you then get the next tier
Pelegrini
Simeone

If we can't get any of them I'd stick with Mancini. No point changing for changing sake.

My main reason for a new manager is because we are selling players this summer and overhauling squad. I'm sick of all the turnover and Mancini isn't adept in Europe period. Soo basically I'd look for a more competent manager in Europe and give them the kitty rather than say give Mancini all the money, watch him potentially fail next season in Europe (that's the big target here as well as league) and then review his job, we'd have players bought that a new manager may not fancy etc. I don't rate our chances in Europe under Roberto and I think we are missing out on huge exposure CL brings, you cannot grasp the importance of exposure when it comes to commerical interests.

If people are honest with themselves, we won the league last year and we all looked up, we have 'gone down' instead of up and it's a blow. Some could argue it's reality but if reality is crashing out of CC to Villa (the poorest outfit I've seen in recent times), gaining a single point v Ajax and bottoming the group and conceding our title in mid feb. That's a poor campaign whichever way you look at it. Next season we are likely to face Chelsea who will have a new boss (could be Jose) and they will most likely have Falcao as their front man. It is entirely possible that we could finish behind United and Chelsea and this scares me.

I want to strike whilst the irons hot. I want to limit turbulence down the road en route to our destination and I want to see the club stop losing out in the transfer market, we pay high and sell for less and it's not sustainable under FFP.

It's impossible to be correct as it's all speculation and opinion but I am firmly of belief that we have peaked at the moment.

NipHolmes said:
ban-mcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:

My final post in here as I don't want to derail, to answer others and yourself I give 3 names of who I'd like here.

Klopp
Jose
Del Bosque

Pelegrini
Simeone

If we can't get any of them I'd stick with Mancini. No point changing for changing sake.

My main reason for a new manager is because we are selling players this summer and overhauling squad. I'm sick of all the turnover and Mancini isn't adept in Europe period. Soo basically I'd look for a more competent manager in Europe and give them the kitty rather than say give Mancini all the money, watch him potentially fail next season in Europe (that's the big target here as well as league) and then review his job, we'd have players bought that a new manager may not fancy etc. I don't rate our chances in Europe under Roberto and I think we are missing out on huge exposure CL brings, you cannot grasp the importance of exposure when it comes to commerical interests.

If people are honest with themselves, we won the league last year and we all looked up, we have 'gone down' instead of up and it's a blow. Some could argue it's reality but if reality is crashing out of CC to Villa (the poorest outfit I've seen in recent times), gaining a single point v Ajax and bottoming the group and conceding our title in mid feb. That's a poor campaign whichever way you look at it. Next season we are likely to face Chelsea who will have a new boss (could be Jose) and they will most likely have Falcao as their front man. It is entirely possible that we could finish behind United and Chelsea and this scares me.

I want to strike whilst the irons hot. I want to limit turbulence down the road en route to our destination and I want to see the club stop losing out in the transfer market, we pay high and sell for less and it's not sustainable under FFP.

It's impossible to be correct as it's all speculation and opinion but I am firmly of belief that we have peaked at the moment.

fair points but imo mancini is the right man to take us forward.

marwood has a lot to answer to in terms of last summers shocker. we need to allow mancini to sign his targets or atleast 1 or 2 of them. he knew rvp would be a huge signing and was clearly very pissed at us not getting him.

oh and we won that ajax game, we scored a legitimate goal which was dis-allowed and got a stone wall penalty turned down.

Nip

The 2 threads Mancini In and Mancini Out have both become rather silly now.

Fucking hell I have had my fair share of disagreements with blues about certain things but the 2 threads are to be honest embarrassing and have gone totally off subject and become a name calling thread. Worst 2 threads I have ever seen on here.

Hope the mods get a grip and sort them out.

RIIAC

Why is there a load of rags posting on this thread saying Mancini out,think about your own club,by the way forza Mancini : )

ban-mcfc said:
NipHolmes said:
ban-mcfc said:

Klopp
Jose
Del Bosque

Pelegrini
Simeone

fair points but imo mancini is the right man to take us forward.

marwood has a lot to answer to in terms of last summers shocker. we need to allow mancini to sign his targets or atleast 1 or 2 of them. he knew rvp would be a huge signing and was clearly very pissed at us not getting him.

oh and we won that ajax game, we scored a legitimate goal which was dis-allowed and got a stone wall penalty turned down.

You can argue that but tehn you can argue Dortmund won and we gota soft peno. Shoulda,woulda,coulda.

Mancini not getting RVP, Hazard and De Rossi. Gutting I know but how many clubs in the world can just sanction £90m+ in transfer fees as well as adding more than half a million to our wage bill each week?

Had we bought De Rossi it meant we'd lose out on Dzeko and Balotelli when it come to seeling them.

Hazard was a very expensive gamble, worth it imo but obviously not in the boards eyes (they have a better picture of who's available at what costs etc and made an educated decision) and De Rossi stayed at Roma. Anyway, I'm not keen on spending £50m+ for 2 players both approaching 30. Hardly planning for the future is it?

Marwood couldn't magic up buyers either. He shouldn't be strung up for that. Anyway reagrding Marwood do you think it's professional for him to be slated in the public eye? I don't. There's a term called 'washing dirty linen in public' and it shouldn't happen. That's what board meetings are for. We posted big losses and our board were keen to sell before they buy, quite rightly too with our wage bill and fringe players we could sell.

Just one of them things, you have to roll with the punches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.