Mancini IN ..

Gabriel said:
Going back to Tony Book's proper stint in the 1970s, only McNeil, Royle, and Keegan have been at the helm for as long as Mancini. We'd had as many years of misery as we've had months of success, and that's far too easily forgotten. Stability breeds success and we arguably need stability more than immediate gratification. The owners are in or the long-term and I fully expect Mancini to be mastering the present perfect and even conditionals with us in the years ahead. Yes, is possible, no?

Liverpool under Benitez?

warhawkmoski said:
The other thing that is really starting to get on my nerves about him is he is always blaming the players, in the media, when they don't play well or get the job done. Has he ever once come out and said, "today I got it wrong, our tactics, or our squad, were wrong and I made a mistake." No, he hasn't. He would rather throw the players under the bus than take the blame himself, which recently, he has deserved because of his squad decisions as well as his tactical decisions.

Strange, I seem to remember him doing it several times. Namely Everton away last season.

It's funny how every man and his dog seem to spot every weakness in Mancini when we lose, so much so that we have to make extra ones up. Ric can take one positive from every loss because the amount of posters at least doubles. If the scum had sacked Fergie the first time he came second would they be where they are? Did he get sacked when they sold Ronaldo and replaced him with fucking Bebe?

greasedupdeafguy said:
Gabriel said:
Going back to Tony Book's proper stint in the 1970s, only McNeil, Royle, and Keegan have been at the helm for as long as Mancini. We'd had as many years of misery as we've had months of success, and that's far too easily forgotten. Stability breeds success and we arguably need stability more than immediate gratification. The owners are in or the long-term and I fully expect Mancini to be mastering the present perfect and even conditionals with us in the years ahead. Yes, is possible, no?
Does it? Arsenal haven't won anything in the past eight years.

Moot point, but Wenger's early years were marked by fluctuations, too. Arsenal have also moved ground and seen ownership changes, as have Liverpool. We shouldn't expect those circumstances, thankfully, so we should take a longer perspective, in my humble opinion.

At what point will Mancini turn it around? Should we trust him to spend more money on players in the summer? For me the wheel is just about spinning but the hamster passed away very early in the season.

A man called sun said:
At what point will Mancini turn it around? Should we trust him to spend more money on players in the summer? For me the wheel is just about spinning but the hamster passed away very early in the season.
That is no longer his responsibility. He's pretty much "head coach" as they are called around Europe. The DOF will oversee transfer proceedings.

The same mistakes will not be made, and this summer top-bracket players will be targetted regardless of Mancini's interests.

King-Kun said:
A man called sun said:
That is no longer his responsibility. He's pretty much "head coach" as they are called around Europe. The DOF will oversee transfer proceedings.

The same mistakes will not be made, and this summer top-bracket players will be targetted regardless of Mancini's interests.

Not a dig at you pal, but if he cant motivate new signings as he has continuously failed to motivate a squad of top class players this season, then what? More blind loyalty? More money? More players? More time?

Saturday was pretty much a must win, an opportunity to make a statement and tell the world and the rag shite that this aint over....he/the players came up with that? Much more of that garbage and I'll be disappointed if we dont cut the cord.

Re: Mancini wanted Van Pervert and the powers that be didnt

Barry Conlons wig said:
Van pervert on his own this year as earnt the rags 31 league points, that is the difference... how can anyone blame Mancini!!!!!!!

Has Bobby succeeded in getting his players to perform at an acceptable level this season? That is the crux of the issue.

Re: Mancini wanted Van Pervert and the powers that be didnt

NipHolmes said:
Barry Conlons wig said:
NipHolmes said:
Nothing to do with us having 4 strikers and Guidetti. Nothing to do with us paying a shedload in wages for him and also take a hit on fees when we sell a striker or two to make way?

RVP isn't the reason why our midfield is poor and why we play so narrow.

No RVP is the reason the rags are where they are.. plain and simple
Had they not got RVP they'd have most likely got someone else. I hear this ' RVP scores this much and they'd be down without him' but thats discounting the player who'd have played instead of him, like Hernandez etc. They'd have paid when Rooney was out injured but they'd still be fighting. They did last year without their captain and RVP.

We underestimate them on this forum imho. I hate them but as a collective unit they're good. They have tried and tested wing play 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 as well as having a diamond (European) formation. They have all bases covered in fairness. I wrote them off last year and they've shocked me. I just hope Real smash them and they crumble in the league. We live on in hope.

Yessir, they are "scheme-diverse" to borrow an Americanism, and they long ago set up shop on the wings with pace and crossing ability. That is why they are frequently more successful than we are when opposing clubs only defend against us. However, they're still despicable creatures...I'm going to be a Real fan for 90 minutes tomorrow.

Why did Bobby want Dzeko so badly? He doesn't believe in width, or evidently, pace, inside or out, so how was Dzeko going to get touches in positions where he might be effective, scoring and providing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.