Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
To be fair to Mancini, in at least half the games in the title-winning season we were staggeringly good. The problem was everything turned to shit the following season.

And he is right that van Persie might well have made the difference but the owners, desperate to comply with FFP, would not sanction the expenditure on him unless it was balanced by a sale of one of the existing forwards. And we couldn't do that.

I wasn't aware FFP meant you had to sell like for like and at the same price (LOL).

Imagine if we got the RVP of this season (LOL) , knowing our luck with injuries thats exactly what would have happened.

Personally I don't think we would have won the title last season if RVP came to us last year but we will never know its pure conjecture either way.

hallstreetblue said:
I respect the man and thank him for bringing in such players as the ones he mentioned. However, fact is, these very same players are playing world class football under a totally different manager. Van Persie was the reason for us losing our title? Does he really believe that? Do you? Wish him all the best, but that doesn't wash with me :)

Then maybe you don't do common sense.
Because Van Persie scored 31 goals for the rags, and without those goals they would have finished mid-table rather than champions.

id have mancini back in a heartbeat, he was awesome.

But the media and football world has spoken so we have to get what we are given it seems, pellegrini is good in his own way aswell.

But look at that title winning season, that was brilliant.

bluethrunthru said:
Two trophies after the barren times means the guy will always be a City legend. Whatever happened happened and now its all change thats that> I don't like raking over the ashes or picking at scabs lets just sat Ta Bob and move on - we trusted in Sven then Bobby and now its all behind Pellers and so far I have no reason to doubt the man or his approach

I'm with you 100% on everything you say, thrunthru.

I never thought I would see City win a major trophy again, and I saw us win TWO under RM.

OK, we wouldn't have done so without HH Sheikh Mansour's investment, but the fact is we did, and Bobby played a major rôle in our success.

For bringing back the pride - and trophies - to Manchester City, and for endowing the club with a winning mentality, I will always be grateful to Mancini.

But times move on and the football has moved on too. I sometimes have to pinch myself to believe that it really is our Manchester City that is scoring goals like they're going out of fashion.

And as much as Roberto laid the foundations, there is no doubt in my mind that we wouldn't be playing like we are were he still here. Of the five players that Pellegrini has brought in, I doubt that any of them, other than perhaps Beast, and at a stretch, Jovetić, would be here, had Mancini stayed in charge.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
hallstreetblue said:
I respect the man and thank him for bringing in such players as the ones he mentioned. However, fact is, these very same players are playing world class football under a totally different manager. Van Persie was the reason for us losing our title? Does he really believe that? Do you? Wish him all the best, but that doesn't wash with me :)

Because Van Persie scored 31 goals for the rags, and without those goals they would have finished mid-table rather than champions.
Well they didn't have him in the 2011 - 2012 season yet they finished level on points with us

Are people really of the opinion that these are that the players we got over the summer are just Pellegrini's buys? Do people not think we've shifted onto new tracks where player acquisition has become a significantly joint decision process involving Soriano, most especially Txiki, and also the manager. Do you really think nothing has changed in the structure of a club and it is only a matter of a manager having been replaced? I think you are selling Soriano and Txiki short if you do think that. They deserve a lot of credit as well.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
hallstreetblue said:

Would they have played with 10 men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.