Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two trophies after the barren times means the guy will always be a City legend. Whatever happened happened and now its all change thats that> I don't like raking over the ashes or picking at scabs lets just sat Ta Bob and move on - we trusted in Sven then Bobby and now its all behind Pellers and so far I have no reason to doubt the man or his approach

BobKowalski said:
And apropos of nothing why is the Pellers thread locked?

Was about to award Pellers a 'VG' and some housepoints for getting us to the League Cup final and providing one of the most enjoyable and stress free SF's in memory only to find myself blocked from doing so and not for the first time either...

The usual shite.A handful of clowns can't control what they type and instead of sacking them off and letting the rest enjoy the thread it gets locked.Happening all too frequently lately,that and some posters getting threads pulled because they don't like what's going on in them.

Prestwich_Blue said:
And tomorrow, Baconface will be talking about how he should be given credit for Moyes' success.

Many a true word and all that..... Rags and Rag media are now staring to ask the odd searching question about the state the squad was left in - littered with pensioners, the walking wounded and the overrated

BillyShears said:
Haha. Yes! I'd forgotten Mancini took credit for Mourinho's CL win as well. He's got a bit of the John Terry about him ... :)

Point to be noted , we might win CL in two years :D

Same players (mostly) but different style all together.

Mancini is a fucking legend but he can't claim credit for our current style and swagger.

Correct re van rapey though.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
BillyShears said:
lancs blue said:
Sure his abrasive manner didn't please everyone but I think it needed that kind of approach to knock a winning mentality into the club, I just cannot understand why some posters insist on belittling everything he did at City.

It's not about belittling everything he did. It's about belittling him for not having the self awareness or respect for our owners to acknowledge their contribution to our rapid rise. Mancini's "it was all me" narrative stinks. What makes it worse is that these players he's lauding and calling his own signings now, how many of them did he want to sell because he could no longer work with them ?

None of this should preclude him from rightfully being proud of the work he carried out at City and for playing his part in our recent success. But he played a part. He couldn't have built anything without the core group he had when he arrived, and without the unstinting support of Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour in allowing him to pick freely from the top shelf to fill his squad.

Here we go again. I think we have to realise that BBC interviews, Guardian reports and so on don't reach Paris, or they do only in their carefully edited versions. At no point was anything mentioned about the role of the Sheikh or Khaldoon, either in his time or now. I think you'll struggle to find a mention in recent interviews with Pellegrini. You will find that the only questions Mancini was asked concerned how he felt about his work in Manchester, about reports that he had lost the dressing room and about reports in the press saying that Pellegrini's team is much more attractive than his had been. Unsurprisingly he did not launch int a study of the Sheikh's involvement in the club yesterday, today and tomorrow. When asked about comparison's with Pellegrini's team he said that he was "very happy" because the players were those he had bought. No doubt you, Billy, jump on his claims that "he" bought them as a sign of treachery to the Sheikh, but nobody else does. He did, indisputably, play an enormous role in the building of the team. When he arrived at the club Joe Hart was on loan at Birmingham with no recall clause: Mancini got him back at the end of the season and put him in goal for the first game of the 2010-11 season against Spurs and he has remained first choice until now, with one blip. Vinnie Kompany had been injured before Christmas 2009 and had played under Hughes as a DM: Mancini immediately played him as CB and he grew to be one of the best in the world. Silva, YaYa, Nasri, Dzeko and Aguero all joined while Mancini was manager. It is right to point out that Fernandinho and Negredo came last summer and they are important elements in our spine, but Fernandinho's transfer had been in the pipeline since January 2013. I give Pellegrini credit for giving the final OK to his signing and I think signing Negredo was a stroke of genius, for which I give Pellegrini full credit. You though, Billy, must, of course, be qualified with a short statement explaining Txiki's and the Sheikh's role in the transfers. So we find that your idea that the interview shows an "it was all me" narrative is yet another example of your blind, unreasoning hatred of a central figure in our club's history.
This

bob was a legend, he ended that oh sooo long spell without nowt, for that im eternally grateful, yes same players but team seems more free to express themselves and having fun at same time, hence shit loads of goals, for that we have MP to thank. bob may have built the team, but not always can you get them to gel and come together, MP has done that, we may not have any trophies under MP yet, but boy we are playing the most sexiest football around, trophies will come oh they will come and come with style and panache

Stoned Rose said:
Same players (mostly) but different style all together.

Mancini is a fucking legend but he can't claim credit for our current style and swagger.

Correct re van rapey though.

And he never tries to do that! When asked about press claims about the style of football City are playing under Pellegrini Mancini simply says that he is "happy" because he brought these players (and he names them) to City. He then points out that "sometimes, when you change, a new manager he's better maybe", and he continues by saying that "Pellegrini is doing a good job". Where does he actually come within a million miles of claiming credit for anything that has happened since he left the club, other than that the players he brought in are still considered vital parts of the squad and team? Other than that he is simply pointing out, earlier in the interview, that he was very successful as manager of Manchester City. And he's right to do that.

To be fair to Mancini, in at least half the games in the title-winning season we were staggeringly good. The problem was everything turned to shit the following season.

And he is right that van Persie might well have made the difference but the owners, desperate to comply with FFP, would not sanction the expenditure on him unless it was balanced by a sale of one of the existing forwards. And we couldn't do that.

This is all becoming very tiresome.

It seems that Mancini enjoyed conflict with his players and presumably that was his management style......but in my opinion we are a much happier club now and the players are clearly more content under Pellegrini. I am sure he will be loving the conflict he has created amongst the fans with his latest 'self praise' comments and which also happens to keep his name in the spotlight on the western side of Europe.

He has received much praise in the past and rightly so for his work with City and will always be a major figure in the club's history. But for me Mancini is now fast becoming a pain in the ass and should concentrate on his new job in Turkey.

He harps on about all the great players he bought and this is true but last season he allowed a crappy Man. United side to batter us in the League and I won't even mention our Champions League performances......you're not that great Roberto......a little humility please.

A lot of people would remember you with much more affection if you would kindly keep your mouth shut in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.