Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
No, obviously not, but neither would they have found such a prolific goalscorer within their multitalented squad who could score that many.
You mean like Rooney did the season prior??

Did they score a lot more goals than previous seasons? No. No they did not.

We lost the league as he lost the dressing room.

Anyway, he may have built the team, much like I could build a kit car.

I would still have fuck all clue how to drive it like Lewis Hamilton though.

moomba said:
BadApple said:
Krieng_Thai OSC said:
Not to mention about Kompany, he was unused sub for whole season. Mancini change him from average defensive midfield to become the world class center back.

Unused sub what have you been smoking? He's always played Hughes signed him and played him as a defensive midfielder. He's always been a class above has Vinny and should have been made captin before Tevez! I don't think Bobby Manc did Kompany any favours, it was clear to see where Vinny would end up playing.

He was typically on the bench in the 6 months before Mancini came along IIRC.

He had that toe injury for a long time, don't remember him being on the bench. It might seem clear now where he would end up playing, but at the time both Hughes and Kompany seemed intent on him playing in midfield

Shaelumstash said:
hallstreetblue said:
I respect the man and thank him for bringing in such players as the ones he mentioned. However, fact is, these very same players are playing world class football under a totally different manager. Van Persie was the reason for us losing our title? Does he really believe that? Do you? Wish him all the best, but that doesn't wash with me :)

Then maybe you don't do common sense.
Because Van Persie scored 31 goals for the rags, and without those goals they would have finished mid-table rather than champions.

People have very short memories. "These same players are playing world class football under a totally different manager." What the hell are you going on about? Don't be blinded by scoring lots of goals. Let's take a look at the points totals after 22 games in the last 3 seasons:

2011/2012 54 points
2012/2013 48 points
2013/2014 50 points

Last season was seen as an absolute disaster by many on here, and this season we are "world class." Despite the fact we only have 2 more points on the board at the same stage of the season! The season we won the title, we actually had 4 more points at this stage. But now we're world class! lol.

And please spare me the "stats don't mean anything" shite. When it comes to points on the board, that's the only stat that matters in football. More important than goals and goalscoring records, the amount of wins, and points is really all it boils down to.

Scoring 7 at home to Norwich doesn't excuse losing to Cardiff, Aston Villa and Sunderland.

We are really entertaining to watch this year, and I'm enjoying all the goals as much as anyone. But after 22 games in the season we won the title, I was utterly convinced we would win the league, I couldn't see how anyone could possibly stop us. We were solid as a rock at the back, dominant in midfield, and ruthless up front.

This season I can't say the same. Ruthless up front yes, but leaky at the back and vulnerable in midfield. It's between us and Chelsea, and if I had to pick now I'd possibly sway towards Chelsea because Mourinho is a proven winner and knows what it takes to win the title.

Mancini changed the history of this club, and for people to dismiss him now because we won a 9-0 on aggregate against an appalling West Ham, is very short sighted.
And at this stage in the season we won the league, we were out of all the cups and about to go on an appalling run that would see us fall 8 points behind the rags after leading them by 5.

We were also with a team and style that had been in place for 18 months.

Our form (the best form in the history of the club may I add) is world class.<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:26 pm --<br /><br />
Shaelumstash said:
I stand by it, that I felt a lot more confident of winning the league under Mancini than I do today.
Despite him creeping over the line on goal difference once and finishing far far behind the leaders in the other two attempts?

Put it this way, Pellers first season will be better than Mancini's first full season, of that I guarantee.

Mancini's exit was because he lost the support of the dressing room and therefore the support of certain executives. There are some truths in wait he said, the quality players we have he certainly brought in, BUT who wouldn't off with the way the clubs going. For me Roberto is a club legend and I was very sad to see him go, thankfully Pellers has come in and done a superb job otherwise i'd question the sacking of what I believe is a great manager. Will always have a soft spot for him, good luck to him and all his teams in the future.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
bluemurray said:
Mancini was the right man at the right time and it may very well be the case that it was right to replace him when we did. However to those people offering up pearls of wisdom like "he only deserves token credit...." or suggesting that he is 'arrogant' I would suggest that you are either too young and foolish to recall or understand some of our history, particularly some of the comedians we've had managing us, or so old that you are forgetting all about it! For both I heartlily recommend a dose of previous season DVD's (the 06-07 one ought to do it!) or have a read of Andy Buckley's excellent 'Bluemoon Rising'.

Give us your age then??

06/07? Give over you pleb, try Mel Machin, frank 'the guitar' Clarke or Alan balls stupendous reign, it has nothing to do with delusion, age or your specsavers prescription, the facts are Mancini is an impact manager, a great one I hasten to add, but restricted all the same, his arrogance got him the gig, it also got him the boot....

47 mate abd have followed City since my mid-teens. I'm not a pleb thank you. Please don't demean this discussion with your childish insults. I chose 06-07 purely because it was arguably the last really poor season we had.

SWP's back said:
Shaelumstash said:
Because Van Persie scored 31 goals for the rags, and without those goals they would have finished mid-table rather than champions.

People have very short memories. "These same players are playing world class football under a totally different manager." What the hell are you going on about? Don't be blinded by scoring lots of goals. Let's take a look at the points totals after 22 games in the last 3 seasons:

2011/2012 54 points
2012/2013 48 points
2013/2014 50 points

Last season was seen as an absolute disaster by many on here, and this season we are "world class." Despite the fact we only have 2 more points on the board at the same stage of the season! The season we won the title, we actually had 4 more points at this stage. But now we're world class! lol.

And please spare me the "stats don't mean anything" shite. When it comes to points on the board, that's the only stat that matters in football. More important than goals and goalscoring records, the amount of wins, and points is really all it boils down to.

Scoring 7 at home to Norwich doesn't excuse losing to Cardiff, Aston Villa and Sunderland.

We are really entertaining to watch this year, and I'm enjoying all the goals as much as anyone. But after 22 games in the season we won the title, I was utterly convinced we would win the league, I couldn't see how anyone could possibly stop us. We were solid as a rock at the back, dominant in midfield, and ruthless up front.

This season I can't say the same. Ruthless up front yes, but leaky at the back and vulnerable in midfield. It's between us and Chelsea, and if I had to pick now I'd possibly sway towards Chelsea because Mourinho is a proven winner and knows what it takes to win the title.

Mancini changed the history of this club, and for people to dismiss him now because we won a 9-0 on aggregate against an appalling West Ham, is very short sighted.
And at this stage in the season we won the league, we were out of all the cups and about to go on an appalling run that would see us fall 8 points behind the rags after leading them by 5.

Our form (the best form in the history of the club may I add) is world class.

Well I'll judge him at the end of the season. Being in good form doesn't make you a good team / a good manager. We were is terrible form in October / November, was Pellegrini shit then but he's world class now? Form is temporary, don't read too much in to it.

I sincerely hope we win the league by 10 points, and we've got the talent to do it. But don't dismiss a manager that's been there and won it in favour of a manager in "good form."

SWP's back said:
Shaelumstash said:

2011/2012 54 points
2012/2013 48 points
2013/2014 50 points

-- Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:26 pm --

Shaelumstash said:
I stand by it, that I felt a lot more confident of winning the league under Mancini than I do today.
Despite him creeping over the line on goal difference once and finishing far far behind the leaders in the other two attempts?

Put it this way, Pellers first season will be better than Mancini's first full season, of that I guarantee.

I should think so with the team back then to the one now

Shaelumstash said:
SWP's back said:
Shaelumstash said:

2011/2012 54 points
2012/2013 48 points
2013/2014 50 points

Well I'll judge him at the end of the season. Being in good form doesn't make you a good team / a good manager. We were is terrible form in October / November, was Pellegrini shit then but he's world class now? Form is temporary, don't read too much in to it.

I sincerely hope we win the league by 10 points, and we've got the talent to do it. But don't dismiss a manager that's been there and won it in favour of a manager in "good form."
You are right to, but don't forget, our early season trouble was in the part down to changing the system, so we no longer struggle to break down teams that park the bus, and individual errors.

We deserved to win, or certainly not lose to Villa, Cardiff and Chelsea where idiotic individual errors cost us very dear despite dominating the games.<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:32 pm --<br /><br />
The cookie monster said:
I should think so with the team back then to the one now
And his final year.

SWP's back said:
Shaelumstash said:

2011/2012 54 points
2012/2013 48 points
2013/2014 50 points

-- Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:26 pm --

Shaelumstash said:

Now you're just being silly. Of course we are better in Pelle's first full season. But he's taking over a rather different club than the one Mancini inherited! Hughesless finished 10th remember, and Mancini took us to the title in 2 and a half seasons!

Mancini's handling of players and the probability that they "turned against him" is the main reason we had such an average season last and the reason why he had to go. He played his part in our development and thankfully we won 2 major trophies in his time.

A big thanks to his part in that but it ( the league) really did come so close to not happening and I am not talking about the last match v QPR.The 2 things that nearly cost us was his obsession with Mario and his dealing with Tevez. Mario on the field had his great moments but plenty of bad ones and his off the field stuff and I am thinking on the training ground were quite harmful.Him getting sent off against Arsenal and missing most of the run in probably helped us.

That and the return of Tevez and that I understand was not something engineered by Mancini but shall we say more the pressure put on him by players.

The bottom line is we have been developing very well since we were taken over by the sheik and all 3 managers have played their part in that development.Is Pellegrini the last piece in the managerial jigsaw only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.