Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
He change the team mentality, handle with hard core players and sort out defending system. Pelli may not do well in that circumstance but he make our team more entertainment and step up to the new level. They are the right person at the right time.

Thank Bob you're the legend.

He is owed a lot of credit for what he did, but Pellegrini deserves credit for what he is currently doing. Mancini is not currently picking the team, sorting out the tactics and training etc, Manuel is.

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
I appreciate Mancini for making Yaya from a defensive holding midfielder to a really scary attacking force. In Barcelona he was just a defensive midfielder who never runs forward and doesn't put much impact into attack. Mancini saw his potential in attacking. Especially I liked that tactical change Nasri out, De Jong in and then Yaya became like a striker. Newcastle 0-2 City 2011-12 season was that game when this tactical decision won the title.

Not to mention about Kompany, he was unused sub for whole season. Mancini change him from average defensive midfield to become the world class center back.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Where should it be then?

Bluemoon Forum ............. or at least a shadow post in there to say that it's been moved in here ....... or folks will think no one knows about it and think as its 'City' related, they'll start a new thread about it.
Mancini is the Galatasaray manager

.... yet he's talking about the current City team .... get your point, but the topic is about City, not where the person is in the world.

Guess i see the Bluemoon forum as City stuff and General Forum as non-City stuff.

Krieng_Thai OSC said:
Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
I appreciate Mancini for making Yaya from a defensive holding midfielder to a really scary attacking force. In Barcelona he was just a defensive midfielder who never runs forward and doesn't put much impact into attack. Mancini saw his potential in attacking. Especially I liked that tactical change Nasri out, De Jong in and then Yaya became like a striker. Newcastle 0-2 City 2011-12 season was that game when this tactical decision won the title.

Not to mention about Kompany, he was unused sub for whole season. Mancini change him from average defensive midfield to become the world class center back.

Unused sub what have you been smoking? He's always played Hughes signed him and played him as a defensive midfielder. He's always been a class above has Vinny and should have been made captin before Tevez! I don't think Bobby Manc did Kompany any favours, it was clear to see where Vinny would end up playing.

supercity88 said:
Shaelumstash said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Then maybe you don't do common sense.
Because Van Persie scored 31 goals for the rags, and without those goals they would have finished mid-table rather than champions.

People have very short memories. "These same players are playing world class football under a totally different manager." What the hell are you going on about? Don't be blinded by scoring lots of goals. Let's take a look at the points totals after 22 games in the last 3 seasons:

2011/2012 54 points
2012/2013 48 points
2013/2014 50 points

Last season was seen as an absolute disaster by many on here, and this season we are "world class." Despite the fact we only have 2 more points on the board at the same stage of the season! The season we won the title, we actually had 4 more points at this stage. But now we're world class! lol.

And please spare me the "stats don't mean anything" shite. When it comes to points on the board, that's the only stat that matters in football. More important than goals and goalscoring records, the amount of wins, and points is really all it boils down to.

Scoring 7 at home to Norwich doesn't excuse losing to Cardiff, Aston Villa and Sunderland.

We are really entertaining to watch this year, and I'm enjoying all the goals as much as anyone. But after 22 games in the season we won the title, I was utterly convinced we would win the league, I couldn't see how anyone could possibly stop us. We were solid as a rock at the back, dominant in midfield, and ruthless up front.

This season I can't say the same. Ruthless up front yes, but leaky at the back and vulnerable in midfield. It's between us and Chelsea, and if I had to pick now I'd possibly sway towards Chelsea because Mourinho is a proven winner and knows what it takes to win the title.

Mancini changed the history of this club, and for people to dismiss him now because we won a 9-0 on aggregate against an appalling West Ham, is very short sighted.

This is a valid argument, and one I agree with. Pellegrini has to convert our play and style into trophies or we will look back as what could have been and history will forget us. My annoyance is that Mancini still drags up one point of argument on why we lost the title. Van Persie. And that is not true. Whilst Mancini helped us build a great side, he also was unable/unwilling to manage within financial constraints and was all to ready to play the victim and the defeatest in light of missing out on one player, who actually wanted to go to the rags over us. Whilst his goals were important, they didnt help the rags to anymore points than they achieved without him. It was our loss of form and lack of improvement that led to us losing out on the league title.

I agree in the main with what you say, but as a Championship winning manager, Mancini expected and deserved more support than he received at that crucial point in our history. After such a narrow title win, we should have gone on and strengthened, but we stood still whilst ManUre improved their squad.

We had RVP in the bag and Marwood tried to renegotiate the deal at the 11th hour which pissed off Van Persie who then signed for ManUre. Hazard was afforded a window of opportunity to consider his options whereby if we'd gone that extra mile that would have probably cost us an additional £2m over the length of his contract, he'd have committed to us and signed. Ultimately we dithered at a crucial point leaving the door open for Chelsea to nip in and ended up with Sinclair instead. Mancini wanted Martinez or De Rossi and got Rodwell and Garcia instead and as a Championship winning manager, I'd have been pissed off too!!

Even if Mancini was told because of FFP £55m is your limit (notwithstanding monies raised by sales) are you saying Mancini's demeanor would have been the same if he could only have afforded RVP, Hazard, sold Savic and released some of the deadwood and bought Nastasic? RVP, Hazard & Nastasic for £55m is good business in anyone's book, but Marwood couldn't even achieve that. And talking about Marwood, where's the great negotiator now?

The last window was different as City announced that we were going to do our business early and not suffer as we did the window before. Mancini warned the risk we were taking by being so slow off the mark after winning the league and he was proved right. I had a discussion with a Rag in the October of 2012 and he was smirking when he asked are City stronger, weaker or the same as last season? I said the same or weaker, and he replied, well with RVP we're stronger, so my monies on us to win the title and I couldn't disagree with him.

We fucked up and paid the price, this season we made amends and are reaping the benefits. Unfortunately for Mancini, the lesson was learnt too late for him and the beneficiary of that lesson has been Pellegrini and he's brilliantly taken full advantage of that benefit. Compare this season's squad to last season's and I think that sums up where we (City) went wrong. In hindsight after winning the title (Nastasic apart) I'd have rather stuck with what we had and saved the dough.

BadApple said:
Krieng_Thai OSC said:
Dipsis_LTU_MC said:

Unused sub what have you been smoking? He's always played Hughes signed him and played him as a defensive midfielder. He's always been a class above has Vinny and should have been made captin before Tevez! I don't think Bobby Manc did Kompany any favours, it was clear to see where Vinny would end up playing.

He was typically on the bench in the 6 months before Mancini came along IIRC.

BadApple said:
Krieng_Thai OSC said:
Dipsis_LTU_MC said:

He was regular defensive midfield under Sven but when Hughes came and signed De Jong, Berry he became unused sub for the whole season, nobody even remember him as Berry and De Jong duo did well in the pitch. Mancini bring him in to his former position and the rest is history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.