Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
skybluepete said:
hallstreetblue said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Then maybe you don't do common sense.
Because Van Persie scored 31 goals for the rags, and without those goals they would have finished mid-table rather than champions.

I've seen that my post seems to have set off a bit of a debate :) Mate, I can do common sense perfectly well. Of course RVP made a difference for yoonited last season; he was scoring goals for fun, in a really shit yoonited side, in a much weaker (than this season) Premier League. We on the other hand, with a much stronger squad and, on paper, a far more lethal strike force, were underachieving big time. Our strikers were really disappointing; there was talk of Agüero leaving and even some fans were all for it. Nasri was non-existent and Silva was way below par. My point is, this was mostly down to Mr Mancini losing the plot and so, losing the dressing room and finally, the respect from his players. Yes he gave us Yaya, Silva, Agüero and Dzeko, but Pellegrini has them playing world class football, in a much tougher Premier League and also has us through to the K.O. stages in the CL. Once again, I thank Roberto Mancini, for all that he brought to our club and I truly wish him all the best; however, for him to sit there and say Van Persie was the reason for yoonited winning the league, (and I get more to the point) it's utter BOLLOX!!

Definately not bollox pal- its there fact how many goals he scored, take them goals away and how many points would they have ended up with ??
Bobby wanted him, he wanted either derossi or Martinez and hazard also - he got Garcia and Sinclair - no comparison , they weren't hes signings obviously.
We won the league and then missed a trick , much like utd have done this season- stood still and didnt improve our squad-you have to improve every season regardless of what success you achieved the previous season.
I think bobby was frustrated at this , coz he wanted to improve the squad with real quality and didnt get it,the barca boys didn't seem to want to get him his choice of player and opted as i said for Garcia and Sinclair and this for me was the beginning of the end for bobby unfortunately.
He moved us on massively though and instilled a winning mentality through out the whole club,he was a larger than life character who wore his heart on his sleeve, which i loved tbh!!
Who can forget the bust up with Talgarth and moves - quality.
I for one wont forget what bobby gave us- love him and always will and wish him all the best , hopefully we can welcome him home one day when we play against him and give him a little chorus of " he came from Italy"
All that said , mr pellegrini has my full backing and i hope he takes us to the next level and for the record i like pullers too and hope he brings our great club even more success.
I meant taggart and moyes lol - shit predictive text !!

I'm not one of those fans that expects us to win the league every year. However, I mentioned in my post that, I agree that he made the difference for yoonited, but, had we not given away stupid points at home, as well as away and had our strikers not misfired as they did, we'd have been up there to at least challenge them. Points thrown away at home against Liverpool, Arsenal, yoonited, Everton and Norwich. Away from home against QPR, Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland, Southampton and then get battered and embarrassed by spuds. We threw it away, HE threw it away, not the amount of goals RVP scored for them. He lost it and his man management skills were right up his arse and it was there for all to see, in his body language and the way he ripped into players in public. I won't forget the success we had, how can I? It's a huge part of our history, but I didn't like a few things he said in that interview.

hallstreetblue said:
skybluepete said:
hallstreetblue said:
I've seen that my post seems to have set off a bit of a debate :) Mate, I can do common sense perfectly well. Of course RVP made a difference for yoonited last season; he was scoring goals for fun, in a really shit yoonited side, in a much weaker (than this season) Premier League. We on the other hand, with a much stronger squad and, on paper, a far more lethal strike force, were underachieving big time. Our strikers were really disappointing; there was talk of Agüero leaving and even some fans were all for it. Nasri was non-existent and Silva was way below par. My point is, this was mostly down to Mr Mancini losing the plot and so, losing the dressing room and finally, the respect from his players. Yes he gave us Yaya, Silva, Agüero and Dzeko, but Pellegrini has them playing world class football, in a much tougher Premier League and also has us through to the K.O. stages in the CL. Once again, I thank Roberto Mancini, for all that he brought to our club and I truly wish him all the best; however, for him to sit there and say Van Persie was the reason for yoonited winning the league, (and I get more to the point) it's utter BOLLOX!!

Definately not bollox pal- its there fact how many goals he scored, take them goals away and how many points would they have ended up with ??
Bobby wanted him, he wanted either derossi or Martinez and hazard also - he got Garcia and Sinclair - no comparison , they weren't hes signings obviously.
We won the league and then missed a trick , much like utd have done this season- stood still and didnt improve our squad-you have to improve every season regardless of what success you achieved the previous season.
I think bobby was frustrated at this , coz he wanted to improve the squad with real quality and didnt get it,the barca boys didn't seem to want to get him his choice of player and opted as i said for Garcia and Sinclair and this for me was the beginning of the end for bobby unfortunately.
He moved us on massively though and instilled a winning mentality through out the whole club,he was a larger than life character who wore his heart on his sleeve, which i loved tbh!!
I for one wont forget what bobby gave us- love him and always will and wish him all the best , hopefully we can welcome him home one day when we play against him and give him a little chorus of " he came from Italy"
All that said , mr pellegrini has my full backing and i hope he takes us to the next level and for the record i like pullers too and hope he brings our great club even more success.

I'm not one of those fans that expects us to win the league every year. However, I mentioned in my post that, I agree that he made the difference for yoonited, but, had we not given away stupid points at home, as well as away and had our strikers not misfired as they did, we'd have been up there to at least challenge them. Points thrown away at home against Liverpool, Arsenal, yoonited, Everton and Norwich. Away from home against QPR, Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland, Southampton and then get battered and embarrassed by spuds. We threw it away, HE threw it away, not the amount of goals RVP scored for them. He lost it and his man management skills were right up his arse and it was there for all to see, in his body language and the way he ripped into players in public. I won't forget the success we had, how can I? It's a huge part of our history, but I didn't like a few things he said in that interview.

Fair enuff mate but i just think its kind of turning into a Mancini bashing topic- he's one of the most succesful managers we've had in a fairly short reign- he wasnt perfect i know but hey who is !!

We shouldn't be so touchy about a few things hes said- we already kno he's got a big ego dont we and hes very opinionated. He's a character!!

Anyway i stand by it - top fella and i for one will allways give him a top reception and one day hopefully we will be able to do so and thank him proper- show him, as fans , our appreciation for what he did for our club.

In the meantime lets try n win that fuckin quad !!

skybluepete said:
hallstreetblue said:
skybluepete said:

Fair enuff mate but i just think its kind of turning into a Mancini bashing topic- he's one of the most succesful managers we've had in a fairly short reign- he wasnt perfect i know but hey who is !!

We shouldn't be so touchy about a few things hes said- we already kno he's got a big ego dont we and hes very opinionated. He's a character!!

Anyway i stand by it - top fella and i for one will allways give him a top reception and one day hopefully we will be able to do so and thank him proper- show him, as fans , our appreciation for what he did for our club.

In the meantime lets try n win that fuckin quad !!

Yeah, I don't expect us to win the league every year, but fook aye; let's go n' do the quad ;)

Mancini's record speaks for itself, in 3 full seasons he guided city to 3rd, 1st & 2nd in the league. He won 1 FA cup and was runner up in another, we played in 2 community shields, winning one. We played Champions League football for the 1st time in our history and came unstuck mainly because of the hard groups we got drawn in (I believe Roberto would have comfortably guided City through this years group).

His days were numbered when he started publicly criticising members of the management team and players too. He was not a compatible manager for the vision of the club that was impressed upon Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour by Txiki and Ferran. He was moved on to help continue our evolvement into a team that works coherently at every level, hence the word 'holistic'. But don't ever forget the contribution that Mancini made.

We should be EXTREMELY grateful for his spell at the club and he did lay the foundations for Manuel Pellegrini to take over. He will forever be a legend at this club.

It's disappointing to see Mancini trying to take the credit for our performances this season. Can he really believe that our squad would have played like this if he were still in charge? All of our squad has improved 100% this season because, like Clough, Shankly, O'Neill, among others, Pellegrini gets the best out of the available staff, making ordinary players good and good players great.
We now play with width and pace and, most importantly, the confidence that comes from a tactically superb manager.

Take a bow Mr Pellegrini!

remoh said:
It's disappointing to see Mancini trying to take the credit for our performances this season. Can he really believe that our squad would have played like this if he were still in charge? All of our squad has improved 100% this season because, like Clough, Shankly, O'Neill, among others, Pellegrini gets the best out of the available staff, making ordinary players good and good players great.
We now play with width and pace and, most importantly, the confidence that comes from a tactically superb manager.

Hit the nail on the head there mate.

The players all love playing under the new regime, Pelli really is as good as they told us in the summer

The whole atmosphere within the club has changed, needless to say for the better

remoh said:

He's not trying to take credit though. He's just said he's happy, one, for the fans and, two, because a lot of the players who are making us so good this season are players he bought.

That's really not trying to take credit for it. If people ignored headlines and actually just listened to or read the quotes they'd realise that.

remoh said:

Liverpool improved considerably after Shankly retired. All of those European Cups. Not that Paisley was necessarily a much better manager. He built on the work of his predecessor.

Shaelumstash said:
SWP's back said:
Shaelumstash said:
Nothing more "entertaining" than winning trophies. Football is a results business.

We were probably more exciting to watch under Keegan when we scored one hundred goals, than the season we won the FA Cup under Mancini. Which season was better though? I'll take the trophy.

We might be the great entertainers this year, scoring goals for fun, but if we don't win the league it will be a failure in comparison to 2011/12.

We could go on to score 110 league goals this year, have the critics and neutrals raving about us, but winning the league is far more important.
Not winning the league would not be a failure.

Not winning ANYTHING would be a failure.

Anyway, we are still in the hunt for 4. Something we have never been able to say at the start of Feb in the last couple of generations.

You seem to be suggesting that "being in the hunt" for trophies is more important than winning them!

I said not winning the league would be a failure in comparison to 2011/12, you are saying that's not true, as long as we win something.

Well personally I don't value the Rumbelow's Cup or whatever it's called these days as being as important as winning the league.
No, I am suggesting that seeing as it is only fucking January, still being in the hunt for all 4 is the best that could be hoped for as none have come to their conclusion yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.