Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
ElanJo said:
Mancini's title-winning team would beat the current team.

Better defensively but just as good going forward.
Be interesting to see the title-winning team versus this one. Our current squad is better I think, or if not better, more balanced. I prefer this one but I still don't prefer the manager.

ElanJo said:

It's an interesting thing to think about but I disagree.

It also very much depends on which time of the season we are talking about from the title winning team.

Skashion said:
ElanJo said:

Be interesting to see the title-winning team versus this one. Our current squad is better I think, or if not better, more balanced. I prefer this one but I still don't prefer the manager.

Somehow I can't see the current team not being able to break down a 10 man QPR parked bus like the last one (almost) didn't.

I guess some will say that makes Bobby Mancini's team more exciting!

BlueSiam said:
Somehow I can't see the current team not being able to break down a 10 man QPR parked bus like the last one (almost) didn't.

I don't think we'd win the title if this side had to get 89 points.

Skashion said:
BlueSiam said:

I don't think we'd win the title if this side had to get 89 points.
Only due to our start with a new tactical system.

Next season should be interesting as we won't be giving our rivals a ten point start.

ElanJo said:

This current side would have far too much going forward im afraid.

I can remember that side struggling against sides that couldn't hold a candle to our current first 11.

SWP's back said:
Only due to our start with a new tactical system.

Next season should be interesting as we won't be giving our rivals a ten point start.
The same also applies to Chelsea though. Mourinho traditionally has his best season in his second season at a club. At Porto, Inter, Chelsea and Real Madrid his best season was his second season. I think we have a better chance this season than next. Given the progress Mourinho's Chelsea have started to make towards the point grinding machines he builds I think it will hold true again next season. Good news is that he usually drops off in the third season e.g. Chelsea, Real Madrid.

remoh said:
Pellegrini gets the best out of the available staff, making ordinary players good and good players great.

Which players in the current team would you describe as 'ordinary'?
I'd say that our strongest starting eleven is possibly the best team the Premiership has ever seen.
I doubt we have room for 'ordinary' players anymore.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Which players in the current team would you describe as 'ordinary'?
I'd say that our strongest starting eleven is possibly the best team the Premiership has ever seen.
I doubt we have room for 'ordinary' players anymore.
I strongly suspect it means Kolarov, but Kolarov's attacking stats are exactly the same as they've been in the previous two seasons. Some people are seeing a Miracle of Kolarov that facts do not substantiate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.