Mancini-Ireland must change

He's obviously wanted out since December.

He's a class act on his day but he's shown himself to be a proper mard bastard this season, stabbing managers in the back left, right and centre. It'll be us City fans he stabs in the back next...just you watch.

Shame as I loved the guy but he doesn't seem interested in City one bit.

I used to hate Irish Macca's view of Ireland but it's starting to make sense. All Ireland cares about is himself, he doesn't give a shit about City and never has.

simon23 said:
Hotrocks said:
It hurts me to say this but I got a text off a Rag just after the derby, highlighting Irelands part in the Scholes goal. And he ended it with a quote that I cannot argue with.

Form Is Temporary while Class is permanent

and SI is a class player who is having a dip in form while trying to come to terms with playing in a different system from what he naturally fits into....Scholes is way ahead of ireland in terms of experince and so is obviously the better player at the moment...However SI has the potential to be just a s good (and at elast he cn time a tackle!!!....scholes in all his years of playing still cannt do that!)

You're insane. I mean absolutely, utterly insane. Scholes is probably the best midfielder football has ever seen, Ireland is light years behind him and even potentially, he will never be as good as Scholes.

As Ireland isn't a class player who has had a dip, he's a good player who had a peak. He's been here for 5 years, he shown that class for about 4 months of that, that isn't consistency.

TheMightyQuinn said:

He's a class act on his day but he's shown himself to be a proper mard bastard this season, stabbing managers in the back left, right and centre. It'll be us City fans he stabs in the back next...just you watch.

I used to hate Irish Macca's view of Ireland but it's starting to make sense. All Ireland cares about is himself, he doesn't give a shit about City and never has.

I hope you are wrong mate, I really do.

I loved the way an academy player seemed to be able to be a part of the new City.

Hopefully Ireland will be back next season in the form of his life.

Just wishfull thinking on my part?

I have to admit that the noises coming out of the Ireland camp are not good, but I refuse to give up hope, call me naive, but there you go.....

leighton said:
The Scholes goal wasnt all down to Ireland. Look at it closer Ireland was origianly marking Scholes then as Scholes went by City had Barry and the back 4 there so he left Scholes to Barry. Then the defence got pulled apart leaving a 2 on 1 for Barry. Barry left Scholes to pick up Beraflop meaning Ireland could not get back on time to pick up Scholes again. All of this might not have happend if Bellers didnt give the ball away.
Ireland let Scholes go. He was entrusted by mancini to do a job for a tiring team, and he just dozed off.

The low point of the season and he owes us and his team mates

bluefandk said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

I loved the way an academy player seemed to be able to be a part of the new City.

I have to admit that the noises coming out of the Ireland camp are not good, but I refuse to give up hope, call me naive, but there you go.....

Mate, I loved Ireland from his first team debut. Exactly the kind of player I love. I don't want to see him go, I want to see him return to form and play for City. He just doesn't want it though.

Maybe next time he's jogging round Glossop fondling the balls of some UFC gym instructor he can have a long hard think about loyalty and what it means.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Mate, I loved Ireland from his first team debut. Exactly the kind of player I love. I don't want to see him go, I want to see him return to form and play for City. He just doesn't want it though.

Maybe next time he's jogging round Glossop fondling the balls of some UFC gym instructor he can have a long hard think about loyalty and what it means.

ARE YOU LISTENING IRELAND?

DO THIS.

TheMightyQuinn said:
bluefandk said:

Harsh, and I hope you are wrong.

Do I know for a fact that you are wrong?

Not really, it feels more and more like when you are dating areally fit bird, and you dont wanna admit that shes shagging all your mates :(

Damocles said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

ARE YOU LISTENING IRELAND?

DO THIS.

Seconded.

bluefandk said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Harsh, and I hope you are wrong.

Do I know for a fact that you are wrong?

Not really, it feels more and more like when you are dating areally fit bird, and you dont wanna admit that shes shagging all your mates :(

He had his tongue wedged firmly up Hughes's arse all last season whilst taking swipes at all his past managers. As soon as Hughes was out, Ireland was slating him too. Fortunately he's not bothered talking Mancini up in the nauseating way he did Hughes so when the slagging starts at least it won't be that two faced.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, it just seems to me and all the noises coming from his direction that he's had it with City.

We're probably not a big enough club for 'Superman'.

Gunners emerge as favourites for Ireland signature

Author: Nigel Brown
Posted on:12 May 2010 - 16:47

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is the leader of the pack in the race to sign Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland who looks set to end his nine year association with the football club. The former Republic of Ireland international has struggled to hold down a first team place since Roberto Mancini took over at the football club and the creative midfielder is set for showdown talks with the club over his future. Manchester United, Sunderland, Aston Villa and Everton have also been named in the race to sign the Irish playmaker.

Ireland has become increasingly marginalised in the Manchester City squad with Roberto Mancini preferring the likes of Patrick Vieira, Nigel De Jong, and Gareth Barry to the creative Ireland. The Irishman has voiced his frustrations to the club’s football administrator Brian Marwood along with Roque Santa Cruz, Craig Bellamy and Shaun Wright Phillips. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been named as the favourite to land Ireland, while Aston Villa boss Martin O’Neill is a known admirer of the player. Spurs, Everton, and Sunderland have also been sighted in the running for the player, while Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly second in line to sign the player having been linked with him in January.

Ireland is set for summer showdown talks with Roberto Mancini who voiced his concerns over the player’s state of mind, but the Italian did admit the player could have a future at the club if he ‘sorts his head out.’ Gunners boss Arsene Wenger had been linked with Ireland in the past, as has Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, while Villa, Everton, Spurs, and Sunderland are the latest Premier League quartet to be named in the hunt for the player.

Ireland emerged as a home grown fan favourite for the Citizens after being voted the club’s player of the year in the 2008 / 2009 season after a string of impressive performances. As a result he was handed a five year deal in the summer of 2009.

Just posted this on transfer forum, but this thread seem's apt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.