Mancini-Ireland must change

He'll never last long anywhere. He's just that type of character. No commitment, no heart, will go where ever the money is.

Damocles said:
You're insane. I mean absolutely, utterly insane. Scholes is probably the best midfielder football has ever seen.

Now that is insane. Scholes is not the best midfield player football has ever seen: he's not even the best midfield player the Rags have ever had and he's not a better midfield player than Colin Bell.

OB1 said:
Damocles said:
You're insane. I mean absolutely, utterly insane. Scholes is probably the best midfielder football has ever seen.

Now that is insane. Scholes is not the best midfield player football has ever seen: he's not even the best midfield player the Rags have ever had and he's not a better midfield player than Colin Bell.

Not better than Bell but probably in a different league to every midfielder we've had since aside from my boy Gio.

I hate the ginger rag twat but fair is fair, he's been one hell of a player over the years and has adapted with age showing a desire to still compete at the highest level.

TheMightyQuinn said:
OB1 said:

Not better than Bell but probably in a different league to every midfielder we've had since aside from my boy Gio.

I hate the ginger rag twat but fair is fair, he's been one hell of a player over the years and has adapted with age showing a desire to still compete at the highest level.

I'm not suggesting that the ginger rag twat is not gifted but to suggest he that is the greatest midfielder of all time is nonsense. I can't be bothered to list loads of better midfielder but there's plenty of options from Zindane to Zico.

OB1 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

I'm not suggesting that the ginger rag twat is not gifted but to suggest he that is the greatest midfielder of all time is nonsense. I can't be bothered to list loads of better midfielder but there's plenty of options from Zindane to Zico.

That's only ZtoZ??? Very narrow minded Mr O!!

Mancini is right. Ireland is a very gifted footballer and I would love for him to find his form and develop even more but that doesnt change the fact that we cant afford to have players on board that will only deliver occationally and from a very specific position with specific people around him. The bar has been raised and Ireland needs to deal with that or move on.

Its not only Ireland that needs to change it is all of our midfield. Look at it this way none of the midfield can say that they had a good season this year playing wise. All have had bad patches like Ireland. A new manager a new team a new style of play which has not been in Irelands favour. A more attacking coach would of played Ireland and would of made sure that Robhino was still at the club all of this season. Maybe Mancini will play a different system again next year when he has his squad and it could well lead to Ireland playing again in his favoured position again.
The Arsenal rumours doesnt shock me as he would fit into there system and would add to there team. If Fabregas heads back to Spain I would expect to see Arsenal make a cheeky bid for Ireland.

OB1 said:
Damocles said:

About Paul Scholes

"One of the greatest football brains Manchester United has ever had."[2]
Sir Alex Ferguson

"No celebrity bullshit, no self promotion - an amazingly gifted player who remained an unaffected human being."[3]
Roy Keane, former captain of United.

"I love watching little Paul Scholes, he’s so in control of what he’s doing and is always so accurate and pinpoint with his passing – it’s just beautiful to watch" [4]
Sir Bobby Charlton, Manchester United legend, current member of the board of directors at the club.

"There isn't a player of his mould anywhere in the world." [5]
Glenn Hoddle, former England boss

"He is not as good a tackler as you - but I really like him. He's a little boy, but the power in that shot...he can really shoot." [6]
Michael Essien

"Paul is football crazy. I've followed him since I took his first-year team all the way through. And while Paul is not very socially confident, give him a group of lads, a football and he's certainly not quiet."[7]
Mike Coffey, former scout for Manchester United.

"For me, it's Paul Scholes. He'll do ridiculous things in training like say, "You see that tree over there?" - it'll be 40 yards away - "I'm going to hit it". And he'll do it. Everyone at the club considers him the best."[8]
Rio Ferdinand, Manchester United teammate when asked who he considers the best player at United.

'I think we were all disappointed because we all know what he can do. He's always in the right position, always seems to be at the end of the box when the ball drops in. The complete midfielder - when he's fit, he's the best. Some go missing but he's in the right place at the right time. He's my favourite player of all-time, unbelievable. If you give him a chance it's a goal, isn't it?"[9]
Micah Richards, defender for Manchester City, speaking about Scholes' decision to stay retired prior to World Cup 2006.

"England have lost their best player." [10]
George Best, speaking about Scholes' decision to retire from international football.

"People say he is a great player, but you have to define what a great player is. For me, it is a player who has a bottom level that means his worst performance is not noticed. If he is having a bad game, a teammate might feel Paul Scholes is not quite on his game, but a spectator wouldn't notice. Scholes, of all the players I have played with, has the highest bottom level." [11]
Peter Schmeichel, former United teammate.

He has an eye for a pass, for what the play or the game needs at that precise moment, that I have never seen anyone else have. These days he doesn't get into the box too many times, which is where you can see his age, but he has developed tactically. He controls and distributes the play and the game better than anyone I have ever seen." [12]

"Everyone of us should emulate him. We can all learn from Paul Scholes." [13]
Edgar Davids, Holland midfielder

"My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder. Scholes is undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation."
Zinedine Zidane

"Without any doubt the best player in the Premiership has to be Scholes. He knows how to do everything, and he is one who directs the way his team plays. On top of that, he has indestructible mental strength and he is a genuine competitor."
Thierry Henry, French forward

"He's unbelievable - he's one of the greatest of all time."
Wayne Rooney

They seem to rate him.

There's something just a little bit weird about you, Damocles. I've noted it before and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Damocles said:
Ireland isn't a class player who has had a dip, he's a good player who had a peak. He's been here for 5 years, he shown that class for about 4 months of that, that isn't consistency.

Best

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.