Mancini: Landon Donavon is a possibility for MCFC

would be shocked if this happens,like a poster said,if he was asked hes hardly going to say no to the american press like,if he brought it up on his own...then well were after him.

Re: Mancini trying to sign Donovan?????!

DontLookBackInAnger said:
God I hope not, hopefully it's some kind of PR stunt to get more press while we are in the US with the media over there.

Hope not, that's a bit classless and not really fair on the guy.

I think he'd be a good addition to the squad, have no problems at all with this potential signing.

Evertonian here (I come in peace - best mate is a City season ticket holder!!).

I love Landon Donovan - for 13 games he came to Everton and was part of the reason our season picked up after a poor start. He has pace, skill and huge work rate, and is a genuinely good player.

HOWEVER - that's all he is. A good player. Possibly really good. But not great. I can't see why Man City would want him. You guys have all the money in the world - and I think you can afford better than Donovan. Let's face it, while I'd LOVE to have him back at Everton, he'd be no more than an impact sub for you guys. You have SWP, Bellamy and Johnson (who can and does play on the right) who are as good as him. Plus, looking at your personnel, it's quite possible you'll be playing 433 this season which won't suit Landon. He will not be a big improvement on what you have already.

If you sign Donovan now he'll be overpriced (on the back of his WC performances) and over paid (for the same reason). I know that doesn't particularly matter to City, but I just can't see him becoming a regular first 11 player and it baffles me that Mancini would be so keen to sign him. Is this just a ploy to get some publicity in US for City?

As I say, if you get him you'll gain pace, work rate and a bit of skill - but you've got that in abundance already.

Our problem is that much as we'd love to sign him - and if we did he'd start most games - we simply don't have any money - unless we sell you Arteta!!

I'll be watching this one unfold with great interest!

City and Mancini must be mental.....

Promoting the club and linking themselves to a USA international whilst in the USA......all the US soccer press interested.....US Soccer fans take an interst in one of their own potentially signing for a top EPL side...extra fans turn out to take a look/interest at this 'man city' team.....English press all over it.........gollum raging.........just what are the club thinking?

Donovan plays right-wing mostly doesn't he? If we do play with wingers, then I'd think Johnson would be our #1 choice there and we have SWP and Weiss who are also right wingers, while Silva can play there if needed. But if SWP is sold as rumoured and Weiss is loaned out, I suppose that opens a space there if Silva is going to be roaming or played more centrally.

As some have said, maybe the US press brought it up and he felt he couldn't say no.

I also can't see him being happy being a bench warmer, which is all he'd really be for you lot.

Seems the forum is split on Donovan. I for one would be happy with having him. Can ping the ball around well. Great eye for goal and a pass.
It's going to be a long season so we need players like him i feel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.