mancini needs to look at himself tonight

dayvo said:
Dodge said:
samharris said:
All except Joe Hart.

Is it just me or do too many of Joe's saves tend to rebound INTO the danger area? Just a thought..

I wonder if he is expected to palm away so our defenders can calmly play the ball back out, whilst obviously retaining possession and reducing the number of set prices conceded. Of course the requires the defence to be alert and in the box fighting to win the ball... This didn't happen last night quite obviously.

It is harsh to suggest that Hart could have done much more last night. They were excellent reaction saves and would have been difficult to tip round the post, he did well just to keep them out. The idea that he would deliberately palm them into a central area for his defence to clear is ridiculous though, I reckon.

MaineDAWG2008 said:
one sub i didnt understand. that was Edin Dzeko coming off.

personally i wouldv replaced Aguero with Tevez
Because he was having a mare, was not getting any service and it was thought we needed to shore up the midfield as we were being overrun, hence De Jong! Then the plan was to bring tevez on.
This is what mancini said in an interview.

changing defenders when they are about to settle is insane! kolo should have been given an easy game to get back into the swing of it! not an away CL game against "quarter finalist certs"-bayern .

kolorov gave width on the flanks and kept their midfield more at bay,it also gave us a stronger counter-attack option. de jong starting should have been an option.

as for the sub,s well i was left scratching my head at those!

made a few basic errors with the starting team- IMO!

we got to be merciless from here on in!!!

Kolo for Lescott and the three subs last night, were a joke. Even Mancini's biggest fan has got to admit that.

Sometimes he gets it right, sometimes he gets it wrong, yesterday he got it very, very wrong.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Kolo for Lescott and the three subs last night, were a joke. Even Mancini's biggest fan has got to admit that.

Sometimes he gets it right, sometimes he gets it wrong, yesterday he got it very, very wrong.

Knowing that Tevez refused to play what would your subs have been then?

bluefandk said:

Tevez would have gone on first, he wouldn't have refused then. De Jong would have gone on too but not for a striker.

bluefandk said:

Tevez would have gone on first, he wouldn't have refused then. De Jong would have gone on too but not for a striker.

You assume that he wouldnt have refused, I think Mancinis plan was to get De Jong on and get the midfield stabilized and then get Tevez on, but Tevez being a **** fucked his plan.

Last night did remind me of the Liverpool game and tactically Mancini got it wrong. Unless Lescott was injured he should have played, end of. To play KT instead was ridiculous considering he has been out for 7 months. Also, Milner should have started, as he has been in great form thus far. Nasri should have been sacrificed in the starting 11. It's not rocket science, but yet again how naive we appear to be.

If we don't manage to finish in the top two, then the Europa League it is. Yes, it is a second rate competition, but we need all the european experience we can get, after last night's performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.