mancini needs to look at himself tonight

simon23 said:
With the first substitution I could sort of see what he was trying to do.....but he got it horribly wrong......by putting dejong on he was trying to release yaya further foward but in by taking dzeko off it left us with no focal point...he should have taken either barry or nasri off and pushed yaya furhter forward and let dejong play the holding role

then taking nasri off for milner was a bit baffling - it didnt add anything at all

kolo for lescott was a real mistake as well

RM needs to look at some of his players - Yaya as good as he is, when we are chasing a game becomes innaffective....he isnt a player who is going to pull the team back into a game.....neither is dzeko....both good players when we are on top but they arent game changers and I think this is where RM needs to learn.....whe we are behind/struggling, does he know how to change it around and win us the game...im sure he does but i dont think he has the players to do it

This. Good analysis

I really do feel sorry for Mancin.. Hes dammned if he does, hes dammned if he doesnt!!

One would think that our heavily expesinve assembled team would be cabale of matchin bayern man for man home or away!!

His starting 10 was justified! Toure is an iffy situation.. that I will give you..

However there is no way I WILL NOT DEFEND MANCINI OVER THE ATTACKING LINE UP!!!

You lot would be the same to state HE IS A NEGATIVE DEFENSIVE CLULESS TWAT HAD HE GONE 451!!

dctid said:
we got a serious twatting tonight - regardless of whom played Lescott or Toure we would still have got twatted - we got over run in midfield simple as that - the Barry / Toure combo did not work - Bayern played well within themselves in the second half

The reality is that we are not good enough at this level

Bayern did their homework and Silva and Nasri were crowded out - Aguero was poor poor poor which was worryin

Players let themselves down tonight

^^This.

Unfortunate but true.

Although I thought we lacked balance in the team, too much creativity, 4 players trying to play in the same space down the left, no width, very disjointed side imo.

We didn't hold the ball up very well in midfield which created pressure on the back 4, but they were also caught flat footed every time Bayern attacked...

dctid said:
we got a serious twatting tonight - regardless of whom played Lescott or Toure we would still have got twatted - we got over run in midfield simple as that - the Barry / Toure combo did not work - Bayern played well within themselves in the second half

Bayern did their homework and Silva and Nasri were crowded out - Aguero was poor poor poor which was worryin

you have summed it up perfectly mate

Some people seem to think that Mancini decides on a whim to replace players, play certain players for certain games. The training this week would have pointed THE MANAGEMENT TEAM towards a conclusion re the starting eleven. If the selection(s) fails to produce the goods, the finger should be pointed at the player. Seems that some people think that Mancini KNEW Kolo, Dzeko, Aguero, and Silva would have shit games! Jeez.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
dctid said:

^^This.

Unfortunate but true.

Although I thought we lacked balance in the team, too much creativity, 4 players trying to play in the same space down the left, no width, very disjointed side imo.

We didn't hold the ball up very well in midfield which created pressure on the back 4, but they were also caught flat footed every time Bayern attacked...

i concur with the above two comments and on reflection the de jong sub was right, he wanted to stabilise the midfield for 5/10 mins to try and get some control back. there was 35 minutes left when tevez refused to play plenty of time to get back in the match. but as we now know the rest is history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.