mancini needs to look at himself tonight

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
dctid said:
we got a serious twatting tonight - regardless of whom played Lescott or Toure we would still have got twatted - we got over run in midfield simple as that - the Barry / Toure combo did not work - Bayern played well within themselves in the second half

The reality is that we are not good enough at this level

Bayern did their homework and Silva and Nasri were crowded out - Aguero was poor poor poor which was worryin

Players let themselves down tonight

^^This.

Unfortunate but true.

Although I thought we lacked balance in the team, too much creativity, 4 players trying to play in the same space down the left, no width, very disjointed side imo.

We didn't hold the ball up very well in midfield which created pressure on the back 4, but they were also caught flat footed every time Bayern attacked...

Totally agree. What some people don't understand is that you can have too many attackers/attacking midfielders in a team. More sometimes means less. As without a platform players such as Silva and Kun will struggle.

Even against lesser premier opposition there is no real point in playing 4.2.4.
OK we will score a shedful but when we need a more structured approach for tough games we won't have played it for a while.

If ever a game called for something more pragmatic it is away at Bayern.

lostmyhouseski said:
dctid said:
we got a serious twatting tonight - regardless of whom played Lescott or Toure we would still have got twatted - we got over run in midfield simple as that - the Barry / Toure combo did not work - Bayern played well within themselves in the second half

Bayern did their homework and Silva and Nasri were crowded out - Aguero was poor poor poor which was worryin

you have summed it up perfectly mate

That bit I don't agree with.

We were good enough for half an hour last night and we were good enough for half the match against Napoli, we are finding our feet in the hardest football competition in the world, on top of that we`re in the hardest group !!

I honestly didnt see anything last night to make me think we couldn't turn them over at home.

robbieh said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
dctid said:

^^This.

Unfortunate but true.

Although I thought we lacked balance in the team, too much creativity, 4 players trying to play in the same space down the left, no width, very disjointed side imo.

We didn't hold the ball up very well in midfield which created pressure on the back 4, but they were also caught flat footed every time Bayern attacked...

Totally agree. What some people don't understand is that you can have too many attackers/attacking midfielders in a team. More sometimes means less. As without a platform players such as Silva and Kun will struggle.

Even against lesser premier opposition there is no real point in playing 4.2.4.
OK we will score a shedful but when we need a more structured approach for tough games we won't have played it for a while.

If ever a game called for something more pragmatic it is away at Bayern.

I am probably going against the grain here but imo mancini is very naive tactically....either that or its some sort of management by comittee with platt et al chipping in their 2p on tactics.....in any event I am still waiting to witness a good city away performance in Europe.....last season we were awful too.

Like you say, we need to be more pragmatic against the top sides.

samharris said:
dctid said:

All except Joe Hart.

Is it just me or do too many of Joe's saves tend to rebound INTO the danger area? Just a thought..

Dodge said:
samharris said:
dctid said:

All except Joe Hart.

Is it just me or do too many of Joe's saves tend to rebound INTO the danger area? Just a thought..
FFS, he made 2 world class saves that resulted in goals ecause our DEFENCE were slow to react.

As well as Barry has played in the premier league this season, the champions league is beyond him. He was at fault for the Napoli goal and now at fault for at least one of Bayerns last night. I'm not blaming Barry for last nights defeat, he just isnt up to the task at such a higher standard!

Had De Jong been fit from the start I suspect Barry would not have played.

Everyone has their right to an opinion and mine is that Mancini is doing a great job, we are finding our feet in the Champs league and there is still enough points to play for to get out of this group.

Have faith blues.

'your my boy said:
I am a very, very long time reader, but tonight is the first time I feel obliged to post. The performance, and antics have most likely prodded me into becoming a regular poster.

I guess it is easy to say after a poor run of games, but I doubt Dzeko as a top striker. I think his touch, shot, vision, and (quite importantly) attitude and personality is impressive. He is likeable. However, his mobility, turn of pace and consistency will unfortunately, in my opinion, reduce his chances of leading our strike force.

I very much like Clichy and Richards as our starting full backs. I feel Richards has the potential (which he is beginning to fulfil) to be a top right back who scares many opponents, and Clichy is extremely accomplished and well worth a place in a Champions League standard team. His pace and work rate particularly compliment are line up. Richards ability to head a ball is unchallenged.

I believe Milner may replace Barry in the near future based on recent performances, although currently perhaps his energy does not outweigh Barry's link play. I think Toure (Y) is an enigma; his technique, intelligence and personal standards (I hope that makes sense) are difficult to question. Yet he is simply not good enough to play as an AM player (Silva), or disciplined enough to play as a DM/box to box MF player. I hope De Jong/ Milner will be are strongest central midfield by the end of the season.

Lescott is clearly stronger than K. Toure next to Kompany, however he is clearly replaceable (sadly). Kompany is the bedrock of our defence, absolute quality in almost every department, but at 25! has much to learn which is evident in the Champions League this year. I have no doubt he will surpass Vidic/Ferdinand as the recognised best defender in the league.

I have probably made many simple and bland comments which many would agree with. I would like to finish by saying that I think we are currently the most tactically interesting team to watch in Europe, with our 4-2-3-1 attacking formation, which is trained by Mancini to have a strict defensive set-up.

Weather it takes 9 months, 18 months or 3-4 years, I have complete faith in Mancini to bring us domestic and European success, due to his determination, attention to detail, high standards, professionalism, charisma and arrogance. He is a winner, tonight has only re-enforced this.

Finally... Fuck Carlos Tevez. You overweight, disgraceful, unbelievably talented excuse for a Manchester City footballer. I have more faith in Balotelli than Adam Johnson. Bridge should never play for City again. De Jong is essential (him and Milner tackle, giving Silva more protection), give Hart a 15 year contract. Start 3 defensive midfielders away from home against a decent team and bring Nasri on if needed. Aguero (at 23) embarrasses are current strikers.

Above are a few of my opinions, please challenge them as I would greet a discussion. I don't think we have many problems. Just a few.

Well said and welcome. I think I'm going to enjoy reading you're future posts.

Keep Calm and Carry on. :-)

---
I am here: <a class="postlink" href="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.697634,-2.498081" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.697634,-2.498081</a>

Dodge said:
samharris said:
dctid said:

All except Joe Hart.

I wonder if he is expected to palm away so our defenders can calmly play the ball back out, whilst obviously retaining possession and reducing the number of set prices conceded. Of course the requires the defence to be alert and in the box fighting to win the ball... This didn't happen last night quite obviously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.