mancini on sky sport

Blue Heaven said:
CC1 said:
BillyShears said:
Of course I'm only stating an opinion. It goes without saying most of the time although there are times where we'll all say it. I don't mind having my opinion challenged either as long as it's at least done with a bit of good humour and a bit of common sense. If you're just going to spout "you're anti mancini you've got an agenda" then I'll probably reply in kind.

I do think he made an arse of himself today. I'm not sure what all those saying he won some battle with the media think he actually achieved other than getting himself a few more headlines. Reading this thread has honestly been a laugh a minute. If an alien were to come down and not know who the "media" were they could be forgiven for thinking it's an organisation of mass baby killers. One journalist asked a totally expected question after Mancini flung that line of questioning wide open in Friday's press conference. If he'd have laughed it off like he did Friday's question, this thread wouldn't exist. He did the one thing guaranteed to cause headlines. Lose his temper and go instantly on the defensive about his record of trophies and how for "fifteen years nothing" before he came along.

Sorry but for a guy who's meant to be cool as a cucumber he was anything but today. In my opinion of course ... ;)

But that's the whole point. I for one, am glad he didn't laugh it off. I am GLAD he gave the journalist an ear bashing because he was disrespecting our club, players and manager. Mancini chose to attack back.....This seems to have caused you some embarrassment. I think it was time to point out that he always answers questions honestly and politely but on this occasion the journo had crossed the line and was politely told to f*** off.

The embarrassment today was solely because Mancio once again, took the bait, went mental and had a hissy fit. He doesn't seem to have much self-control, whether he's screaming and gesticulating on the touchline, yelling at the admittedly scummy reporters, or slagging off his own players (or Marwood, or the medical staff) in front of the world footballing media. Mancini isn't MCFC, Sheik Mansour is, and when the ax falls, you'll all be reminded of that.

Duncan Castle's piece today is spot on, as usual, and he writes for the media organ owned by Sheik Mansour's brother. Do you not think there was a message or three in that for Mancini? When he's sacked, whether at season's end, or before, it will be as much for his personality and ego issues as for the lack of positive results in Europe. Sheik Mansour doesn't like horrible PR any more than any other owner, and Mancini is constantly providing the anti-City media with ammunition galore. This isn't just about our club, it's about Abu Dhabi, and the face it presents to the world.

What a drama queen you are ! If you describe what Mancini did as "went mental" you have a very low threashold and I certainly wouldn't like to be next to you in a crisis.

He didn't "go mental" he just pushed back at the media and to describe it as you do makes you as much of an an exaggerator as the British tabloid press.

He handled the situation pretty much how anyone with any bollocks would have done...

People moaning about him 'going mad' etc is just bollocks, the press and other gutter media have baited him since he's arrived, taking cheap shots and nasty snipes at him because of the language barrier, perhaps Vicky Kloss should do her job and make sure the journos that constantly ask stupid questions are banned? just fuck them off.

A lot of our fans come across the same as the press in that anyone with the money he's had to spend would have been successful but that is bollocks, he is a winner and I'm not a Mancini bum boy of any sort, but he is a winner and winners want to be successful.

baildon blue said:
Why would the chairman or the Sheik tell the press that Mancini was looking for another job last season.I do think Mancini looks a troubled man though players like Balotelli arent helping him.

Only a matter of time before Mario got a mention. His must have his hand up Mancini arse like rod hull and emu

Tonight we get behind Mancini and sing his name to the rafters.

He the man that made us champions.

Short memories some of you. I don't come on here that much anymore. I watch the games, check for injury news and stay well away from anything else, partly due to my personal life becoming to busy to spend much time on the net and mainly because it was obvious such a long time ago that the media lie about us (shock horror).

Bobby is the man who made us champions, who has currently kept us as the only unbeaten side in the league and seemingly had his hands tied over the summer to bring in the additional strength to make us real contenders in Europe.

I am disappointed with the champions league performances but its our second year in it, our most influential player from last year is struggling with injury and we aren't scoring as many but the results are being grinded out and keeping us in touch with the leaders.

If anyone wants Bobby replacing they need their heads checking or are like most people today, demanding everything yesterday. Bob has a 5 year contract, he know what he is doing. We don't need the bald Spanish man in charge, we need to support the man and team we have.

Peace.

svennis pennis said:
Short memories some of you. I don't come on here that much anymore. I watch the games, check for injury news and stay well away from anything else, partly due to my personal life becoming to busy to spend much time on the net and mainly because it was obvious such a long time ago that the media lie about us (shock horror).

Bobby is the man who made us champions, who has currently kept us as the only unbeaten side in the league and seemingly had his hands tied over the summer to bring in the additional strength to make us real contenders in Europe.

I am disappointed with the champions league performances but its our second year in it, our most influential player from last year is struggling with injury and we aren't scoring as many but the results are being grinded out and keeping us in touch with the leaders.

If anyone wants Bobby replacing they need their heads checking or are like most people today, demanding everything yesterday. Bob has a 5 year contract, he know what he is doing. We don't need the bald Spanish man in charge, we need to support the man and team we have.

Peace.
This x 1000. Someone with sense.

'You can all die in a pool of your own vomit'
Wasn't that what one of the Gallaghers apparently said to the press years ago?

svennis pennis said:

Peace.

Amen.

Proud of our manager last night. It is insulting the questions they ask him - repeatedly. No other manager would be treated that way, especially one who has brought such success in such a short time.

We can all sit about moaning about agendas, propaganda and favouristism - all of which clearly exist in favour of our near(ish) neighbours - or we can all close ranks, go forward, attack on the field and sing from the stands.

Let them write shit, we'll just enjoy this rollercoaster and hopefully admire some more glorious victories and trophies!

Blue2112 said:
Fuck the press, what have they ever done for us apart from constantly belittle and laugh at us over the years and i'm going as far back as the the 60's and Mercer's success which always got second billing to the rags to the present day where as Champions of England they show us no respect at all.

On the other hand Mancini has brought us 3 trophies so far and a day I never ever thought I would experience and have played it over and over and fucking over again. Something the press can never give us or take away from us.

Its only my opinion but I can't fathom how any City supporter would give a flying fuck for that c***ts constant baiting today and he got everything he deserved. The club missed the opportunity to do something the second after Mancini's first disgraceful press conference and it should never have been allowed carry on for this long. It really is no surprise Bobby finally blew a gasket. Forza Mancini and fuck the press.

absofuckinglutely spot on mate

If the journalist in question, the one who asked yesterday's question, had done anything wrong he'd be banned from City. He isn't, because he didn't do anything wrong, no matter how many times it's repeated in this thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.