mancini on sky sport

svennis pennis said:
Short memories some of you. I don't come on here that much anymore. I watch the games, check for injury news and stay well away from anything else, partly due to my personal life becoming to busy to spend much time on the net and mainly because it was obvious such a long time ago that the media lie about us (shock horror).

Bobby is the man who made us champions, who has currently kept us as the only unbeaten side in the league and seemingly had his hands tied over the summer to bring in the additional strength to make us real contenders in Europe.

I am disappointed with the champions league performances but its our second year in it, our most influential player from last year is struggling with injury and we aren't scoring as many but the results are being grinded out and keeping us in touch with the leaders.

If anyone wants Bobby replacing they need their heads checking or are like most people today, demanding everything yesterday. Bob has a 5 year contract, he know what he is doing. We don't need the bald Spanish man in charge, we need to support the man and team we have.

Peace.
How dare you come on here and post such a sensible reply. Absolutely spot on. Forza Mancini

Im a bit surprised my some posters saying RM should just (laugh it off) and not let them get to him.
The way I see it is are Club and surporters have been laughing it off and trying to not let them get to us for more then 20 years, but now its time to fight back becuase now we have the ammunition to fight back.

Monday I was at work when one of the Rags I work with started singing, We are top of the League.... So I smiled at him and said "wait a minute is'nt that what you lot started singing in April but then stoped by the end of April" then I laugh and called him and fucking idiot and said "we give you an 8 point lead with 6 games to go, what make you think you can hold on to a 2 point lead with 28 games to go".

And this is by point its time for the Club to start thinking like CHAPMIONS and start giving it back to this Rag run media, and then we will get the respect we deserve.

BillyShears said:
If the journalist in question, the one who asked yesterday's question, had done anything wrong he'd be banned from City. He isn't, because he didn't do anything wrong, no matter how many times it's repeated in this thread.

I think the point is that it wouldnt of been allowed at a Utd presser and if it had of happened the `one in question` would have probably been banned .

I agree with your views about our Media Dept being fairly naive when dealing with people whose sole purpose is to disrupt us (yes they do exist ) but I think its a tad harsh castigating Mancini for basically doing very little wrong , there is two ways to view it either he put them in their rightful place or he somehow had a hissy fit , unfortunately you seem to be erring on the side of the latter which in my opinion is a little harsh.

We have to let the football do the talking. The rag press will jump on any lack of togetherness from our supporters, team or management. Together we will win the league again.

cyprustavern said:
but I think its a tad harsh castigating Mancini for basically doing very little wrong , there is two ways to view it either he put them in their rightful place or he somehow had a hissy fit , unfortunately you seem to be erring on the side of the latter which in my opinion is a little harsh.

The only reason I fall on that side is because the question which so raised his ire, about six or seven clubs, was given to the media by him!

BillyShears said:
cyprustavern said:
but I think its a tad harsh castigating Mancini for basically doing very little wrong , there is two ways to view it either he put them in their rightful place or he somehow had a hissy fit , unfortunately you seem to be erring on the side of the latter which in my opinion is a little harsh.

The only reason I fall on that side is because the question which so raised his ire, about six or seven clubs, was given to the media by him!

Understood , however the journo would have mentioned Monaco again anyway even if there had been no faux pas (if you think it was) about the six or seven other clubs.

It was a deliberately provocative question which would of been replaced with a similar one without the 6/7 club information , I say this because of the barrage of bad press disguised as articles we have had lately.Neil Leigh,Mark Ogden,Andy Mitten,Spencer et al , more than just coincidence I believe.

BillyShears said:
cyprustavern said:

6 /7 comment was in response to journo probing past issues that were perhaps leaked by someone in the club...this ( the leak) is more worrying and serious...whatever response Mancinin would have given to the original question it would have been raised over and over...will it get asked again? I doubt it.
Journos will ask what they think they can get away with and then some until they are stopped...why do you think not one single journo post last season has asked Fergie why he and his team 'bottled it/Devon Loch'd it' or how about 'not in my lifetime'...all fair game you'd think since he quoted all that stuff ...the fuel is there but no one will dare ask the question...why? You know why...because he will shut them up and shout them down and ban them...Bobby Manc gave some back yesterday and the press are full of it this morning...no discussion about the game though. Pressure of the players much?

Mancini was stupid, in the respect he should have been better briefed.

The press will always take liberties with those they perceive to be weak, under pressure or dare I say, foreign?

United's PR department is worse than City's on so many levels, the only reason they don't fight the fires they do is because nobody would dare ask Ferguson a loaded question in the first place.

He knows the media need United, and he also knows that livelihoods and jobs depend on people towing the line.

All you need to do is ban people on a consistent basis and the penny will start to drop.

The story about Monaco was true, as was confirmed by Mancini.

We can't start having a pop at a guy doing his job, when Mancini presented them with an own goal.

I will caveat it, Champions League pressers are more of a bun fight, managers have to do them and there is less form of control from clubs.

chesterbells said:
Just catching up here. A minor thing, but not having seen the conference, has anyone identified who the journo was who asked "the question"?

jamie jackson (GuardianJamieJ) on Twitter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.