mancini on sky sport

NipHolmes said:
Blueroses said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mancini IS being clever. He's far from naive. It's premeditated.

He is creating an end game and putting our owners in an awkward position.

Either way, Bobby sees himself as a winner.

I highly doubt mancini will ever resign. If the owners want to sack him then his comment about the eight clubs could be telling in how mancini see himself as the winner. Regardless of wether he leaves or not he pretty much saying he is a wanted man in Europe.

He has been pretty vocal since the 5 year deal, it well known he want total control like Wenger and Fergie but the appointment of Tixi pretty much dashed those hopes. Plus the managing style of manicni requires that type of status of control ...maybe it the whole role of manager role being reduced to just coaching is irking him a lot. Mancini stated he still choose who comes in the transfer wndow, highly doubt it.

The owners have spent a fortune turning over players from Sven/Hughes reign to current outfit. I believe we are limiting exposure to future expenditure by employing a decorated DOF. We will buy players he believes fit best and a manager isn't needed as such but more of a coach. This means any managerial changes wont affect us on field as team wont be massively changed, just a fresh approach of formations and strategy. Turning over hundreds of millions when we change managers is a long term strategy.

Sounds like a great outlook on the future. I hope we get player Tixi is apparently looking at such as isco, Benat!! serious need for one more creative and deep lying midfield player!

My theory on this is that bob has somewhere down the line had a embarrassing moment with the higher management at city, if he did speak to Monaco then this doesn't say to much for loyalties towards the players he's brought in and somewhat toward his employers who have payed for 'his' players.

As a player you'd be thinking that bob didn't have much faith in us....? Bob know this and I think thats why he made light of the original question, but in all honesty he wants it put to bed as not to affect the squad and give them any excuses.......but of course the press soon smell blood, it's what they get payed for.

Hopefully if he has had an outburst, the press won't play on it even more.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihsS70Fn94s&list=UUkzCjdRMrW2vXLx8mvPVLdQ&index=0&feature=plcp[/youtube]

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Rolee said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mancini couldn't care less about what the press thinks, this goes a lot deeper.

He feels he is being left hung out to dry and getting little support from the people that do matter.

Bobby is picking battles with the wrong people and most worringly, he is actively do so.

Who's he picking battles with?

Bobby is seemingly on a death wish, rubbing people inside and outside the club the wrong way.

He knows he is in strong position because of his new contract and doesn't give a fuck.

Mancini has dealt on a daily basis with the Italian media for 25 years, the British pack pales in comparison.

He is a very clever guy and having observed similar scenarios play out, elsewhere, the manager is trying to reassert his authority for a reason, which can be dangerous.

which can be dangerous.
======
If not arguing from a point of strength... However he certainly is...

he needs support to reassert his authority though. maybe that will surface next week once Txiki is in place.

BillyShears said:
Sounds like he his lost his rag because he's been asked about the "six or seven clubs" quote from last week's press conference. Maybe he shouldn't have given the press the quote in the first place.
No "maybe" about it, it was a stupid thing to come out with, as was the Micah back in 4 weeks stuff.

No need to watch it youtube. It is on the City website: City vs Ajax preview news conference.

I think it was the right response. I am fed up with journos asking the same tedious questions over and over again

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
Sounds like he his lost his rag because he's been asked about the "six or seven clubs" quote from last week's press conference. Maybe he shouldn't have given the press the quote in the first place.
No "maybe" about it, it was a stupid thing to come out with, as was the Micah back in 4 weeks stuff.

What would you have said?

If thats 'losing it' I've obviously just watched the wrong video. He answers the question, he's polite and he makes his point. Non story. As usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.