Mancini or Hughes - you decide ?

bloody hell , somepeople need to wind there neck in - all i can say is ive been to everygame this season and i'm definately not as confident tonight as i was when i came back from Blackburn under Hughes in august

183sash said:
bloody hell , somepeople need to wind there neck in - all i can say is ive been to everygame this season and i'm definately not as confident tonight as i was when i came back from Blackburn under Hughes in august

what an odd thing to say. that wasn't Hughes last game and this isn't mancini's first game.

183sash said:

Think everyone was confident after the Blackburn game. Trouble is it all went to shit in the next 17 games...according to Sheikh Mansour which is why he sacked the Welsh Wizard.

And come on its not even a fair choice. Mancini has much better hair and is a very competent football manager. Hughes had curly hair and isn't.

again everything is black and white on bluemoon.

mark hughes lost 2 games, but paid the price for those 7 draws and a woeful display against an aaron lennon inspired spurs.

but having said that the games at home to chelsea was absolutely magnificent, i couldnt ask more from a city team, also beating arsenal twice shows mark wasnt as bad as some were making out.

if i had a criticism of the hughes regime, it would be the lack of wins away, 4 wins in 15 months with the players at his disposal was not a good enough return, but he wasnt the disaster some are making out, and we definately saw some good games with hughes in charge, and eastland was a fortress.

i dont know about mancini yet, and who does lets be honest, but i am curious to know about some of his decisions, and i wish paul lake/brue ripple would get involved.

he has narrowed the defence, so there are no gaping channels for the opposition to run in, we have in effect closed the door, so that has to be a positive, but the continued use of petrov on the right wing is a nightmare, i just dont get it, and if someone does can they explain it to me.

also we commit so few bodies forward, we are so cautious, ireland has very few forward options, de jong and barry dont get forward very much, and the full backs are too slow to get forward.

the results are good the method dull, that is my assessment so far.

183sash said:
i cant beleve this thread exists,league cup semi out in injury time, 6th in league two games in hand with all rivals to come to coms,best chance of a fa cup final for years, take that in and wind your neck in

i seem to remember being told on here, lots of times, that hughes couldn't handle big players like robinho therefore we should move hughes on and bring in someone who can handle the big players

under hughes robbie played 45 times

less than six weeks after removing hughes, robbie is now playing his footie 9000 miles from COMS

fathellensbellend said:
again everything is black and white on bluemoon.

mark hughes lost 2 games, but paid the price for those 7 draws and a woeful display against an aaron lennon inspired spurs.

but having said that the games at home to chelsea was absolutely magnificent, i couldnt ask more from a city team, also beating arsenal twice shows mark wasnt as bad as some were making out.

if i had a criticism of the hughes regime, it would be the lack of wins away, 4 wins in 15 months with the players at his disposal was not a good enough return, but he wasnt the disaster some are making out, and we definately saw some good games with hughes in charge, and eastland was a fortress.

i dont know about mancini yet, and who does lets be honest, but i am curious to know about some of his decisions, and i wish paul lake/brue ripple would get involved.

he has narrowed the defence, so there are no gaping channels for the opposition to run in, we have in effect closed the door, so that has to be a positive, but the continued use of petrov on the right wing is a nightmare, i just dont get it, and if someone does can they explain it to me.

also we commit so few bodies forward, we are so cautious, ireland has very few forward options, de jong and barry dont get forward very much, and the full backs are too slow to get forward.

the results are good the method dull, that is my assessment so far.

today was deathly dull but I can't really say that about any of the other games. for me there is considerable pleasure simply in watching us play as an organised unit. and I think the quality of the goals and some of the attacking play has been exceptional. maybe it's a quantity vs quality thing. I'm generally happy for us to take less chances if we display true quality and ingenuity when we do. today that quality was lacking in midfield, that's the long and short of it for me.

183sash said:

Well what about when you came back from burnley or Bolton or Hull??

fathellensbellend said:
MANCIO4EVER said:
And not to forget that Mancini is currently permorming with Hughes choosen stuff.

hughes signed well, maybe santa cruz was a mistake, but players like kompany, given, de jong, bellamy have been excellent.

not overwhelmed with vieira to be honest, an holding mid with no legs isnt very exciting.

The problem is simple: until we does not offer a CL stage top players won't sing into us!
All U can get, is player like patrick who cannot perform a full season, but definitely may add great experience and quality when playing: would viera had been available instead of the phantom of irealend U would had enjoyed a different output at OT.

That is why City needs - now more than ever - supporters to back the Club instead of rising senseless polemics on sterile issues such as:
- robinho a world class
- hughes a football manager.

When I miss a laugh I switch on a Monty Python's DVD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.