Mancini or Hughes - you decide ?

fathellensbellend said:
MANCIO4EVER said:
And not to forget that Mancini is currently permorming with Hughes choosen stuff.

hughes signed well, maybe santa cruz was a mistake, but players like kompany, given, de jong, bellamy have been excellent.

not overwhelmed with vieira to be honest, an holding mid with no legs isnt very exciting.

RSC was an £18m disaster and a 'buddy' signing. Hughes didn't know how to change things during the game, ruined the youth set up, surrounded himself on the gravy train with Welsh hangers on and is a longstanting rag cnut - good riddance.

cleavers said:
terry phelan fan club said:
The one area where Hughes has the upper hand on Mancini is the strenght of his backroom team. I remain to be convinced that Kidd offers the same level of support that Team Sparky provided.

Really ? I thought it was by far his biggest weakness, 'Team Sparky' as you call them added nothing because they were all yes men, nothing else, that was why he brought them all with him. Mancini is using people he had never worked with, and its working just fine by the looks of it.

Yes, Hughes's refusal to widen his backroom team beyond the "Taffia" is one reason he ended up being sacked IMO. His coaches didn't seem able to get the best out of the players defensively.

leaving aside clean sheets, team performances, tactics, improved morale, the resurgence of several players, and playing the youth, macini has won 7 out of 9, and garnered 12 points from 5 league games.

what more could you really ask for?

big signings? how very depressing and shallow.

lancs blue said:
Corky said:
To be fair we didn't lose to a lower table side until Mancini came in.

One defeat and no draws is better than no defeats and two draws in terms of points dropped.

Everton last season away we won 2-1, this season not shots on target.

Last year Pompey 6-0, this year 2-0.

Stoke 3-0 under hughes, Mancini 2-0.

Blackburn 3-1 Hughes, 4-1 Mancini.

However Hughes wouldn't have won the matches Mancini did?

I' not saying he is better, it is just stupid to slagging him off when we were in 6th with him and he wasn't the worst ever as is being made out.

Or to put it another way,someone who sits there with his arms folded frowning,or someone who directs constantly from the touchline and has a plan A,B,C and D.Monkey or Organgrinder.Winner or loser.

Corky said:
lancs blue said:
One defeat and no draws is better than no defeats and two draws in terms of points dropped.

Everton last season away we won 2-1, this season not shots on target.

Last year Pompey 6-0, this year 2-0.

Stoke 3-0 under hughes, Mancini 2-0.

Blackburn 3-1 Hughes, 4-1 Mancini.

However Hughes wouldn't have won the matches Mancini did?

I' not saying he is better, it is just stupid to slagging him off when we were in 6th with him and he wasn't the worst ever as is being made out.
i couldn't see why he was being slagged off either
6th and cc semi, not good enough for some
now we have the really exciting fare to look forward too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.