Mancini or Hughes - you decide ?

Mancini wins more games so him.

Not rocket science is it?

Hughes was a right twat when it came down to it. His tactics were shit, results were often shit, it was just shit.

Fuck me, we were poor today but won and some people are seeing their arses over it!

Not all games are like MOTD highlight reels, not even Chelsea, Utd and that lot put in scintillating 90 minute performances week in and week out.

In the real world today's result was all that mattered. We got the 3 points.

Oh and why do people expect us to win 6-0 just because we won 6-0 last season? Even if we beat them 6-0 today, I wouldn't bet on it being 6-0 the next day.

Some people need to go back to school.

Neville Kneville said:
mammutly said:
Results:

Only criteria that matters.

Hughes (aided by cook) was all spin and bullshit. In Mancini, we have a manager who understands that 'projections', 'trajectories', and 'five year plans' etc. are worth precisely fuck all if you don't actually win football matches.

That will only start to apply if we beat Hull & Bolton rather than drawing. The other comparable results are exactly the same.

Correctamundo

for the record i'm right behind mancini, but the dismissal of hughes achievements by some still leaves a nasty taste imo.

Lord BLue said:
law74 said:
I wasnt sure that sacking Hughes was the right move.
I wasnt sure appointing Bobby was the right move.
The club decided to make both moves so I will support them, and in doing so support the current manager (although there are some tactics he wouldnt use).

pretty much agree with this.

imo anyone giving the answer 100% in favour of one or the other is a numpty. if you want to comment on the topic you have to analyse strengths and weaknesses fairly. and imo there is very little fact available, just opinion and conjecture.

player procurement both managers targets have been subject to much conjecture, but we can only really judge them on the facts. i think hughes was extremely good on this score. mancini is still to be judged.
defensive coaching (or when they have the ball) mancini
offensive coaching (or when we have the ball) hughes
starting 11 some curious ones by mancini, petrov belongs on the left wing surely!
in game tactics up until today i'd have said mancini. still do tbh.
substitutions
handling of media i think both guys have been fine on this score
handling of superstar egos unsure on this i thought hughes did ok whereas mancini has shipped robbie out.
academy development weiss got a couple of games under hughes. but the introduction of boyata has been a master stroke. so full marks to mancini on this one.
cup runs hughes
performances against sky 4 both managers 100% at home, lost to rags away.
performances against minnows too many draws by hughes. clinical by mancini
performances against rivals lost to spurs and everton away so about equal i guess.

Interesting analysis mate but sorry you are the numpty (only said it because you generalized about everyone who has a contrary opinion though).

It's too early for a fair & objective comparison in many ways. But, the only things that Hughes beats Mancini on in your list really are transfers & Cup runs, which Mancini really hasn't had time to develop. Hughes represented the club well with the press, but Mancini has upped the level. He's a quality coach & appears great on the detail.

However, the underlying root of this thread is todays performance, which was not good. And us fans shouldn't be afraid (despite our support for the Manager) to say it was a dull game.

One game didn't make people lose faith in Mark Hughes, & one game won't make us lose faith in RM. But the difference between the management styles is becoming apparent. And I for one can see things in Mancini's approach which (like a lot of others) lifts my confidence immensely.

183sash said:
as of now i would say - Hughes 50.5% - Mancini 49.5%

mancini is still picking from hughes team but has made them win games instesd of drawing games fact

Neville Kneville said:
There is a light said:
Are people really debating this?

Mancini came into a unbelievably pressured situation. The whole of the media and football wanted him to fail, but he has charmed the arses off the lot of them. He has the ability to see when things aren't going well and is brave enough to change tactics to win matches. Clean sheets win football matches and beating the mediocre teams puts you in a higher league position. Mancini ensures City do both and he wins hands down for me.

If we actually beat the teams that Hughes failed to beat then there'll be a good case. Until then there is no case whatsoever, we've just beaten the same teams that Hughes beat, won games Hughes would have been expected to win & lost games Hughes would probably have lost. Let's actually see what happens & give credit if & when it's due.

I'd love to see a points ratio Mancini compared to Hughes.

Mancini beats the mediocre teams home or away and Hughes didn't (look at Hull, Burnley, Bolton, Wigan, Fulham) and unlike Hughes can shut up when we are ahead to ensure we get the win. Thats why he has the experience of winning leagues and cups and Hughes has the experience of winning nothing.

RockawayBeach said:
Lord BLue said:
pretty much agree with this.

imo anyone giving the answer 100% in favour of one or the other is a numpty. if you want to comment on the topic you have to analyse strengths and weaknesses fairly. and imo there is very little fact available, just opinion and conjecture.

player procurement both managers targets have been subject to much conjecture, but we can only really judge them on the facts. i think hughes was extremely good on this score. mancini is still to be judged.
defensive coaching (or when they have the ball) mancini
offensive coaching (or when we have the ball) hughes
starting 11 some curious ones by mancini, petrov belongs on the left wing surely!
in game tactics up until today i'd have said mancini. still do tbh.
substitutions
handling of media i think both guys have been fine on this score
handling of superstar egos unsure on this i thought hughes did ok whereas mancini has shipped robbie out.
academy development weiss got a couple of games under hughes. but the introduction of boyata has been a master stroke. so full marks to mancini on this one.
cup runs hughes
performances against sky 4 both managers 100% at home, lost to rags away.
performances against minnows too many draws by hughes. clinical by mancini
performances against rivals lost to spurs and everton away so about equal i guess.

Interesting analysis mate but sorry you are the numpty (only said it because you generalized about everyone who has a contrary opinion though).

It's too early for a fair & objective comparison in many ways. But, the only things that Hughes beats Mancini on in your list really are transfers & Cup runs, which Mancini really hasn't had time to develop. Hughes represented the club well with the press, but Mancini has upped the level. He's a quality coach & appears great on the detail.

However, the underlying root of this thread is todays performance, which was not good. And us fans shouldn't be afraid (despite our support for the Manager) to say it was a dull game.

One game didn't make people lose faith in Mark Hughes, & one game won't make us lose faith in RM. But the difference between the management styles is becoming apparent. And I for one can see things in Mancini's approach which (like a lot of others) lifts my confidence immensely.

i'll happily accept being called a numpty by you mate, as you have a sane view, a not just the fashionable 'hughes is a tw@t fact' view.

my list is just a few areas that sprang to mind, i'm sure there are many other aspects. i only bothered listed these because it bugs me the way people are so disrespectful to a former city manager.

and yes i can see those things about mancini too. i particularly like the way he stands with a substitute clearly explaining what he wants from them.

last night i was watching

Sporting Gijon 0 - 1 Barcelona

pure shit

it means barcelona and guardiola are shit , ok ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.