mancini or mourinho? or mancini vrs mourinho

Seriously, why does he keep playing all these holding midfielders against the likes of Sunderland?

Pam said:
Seriously, why does he keep playing all these holding midfielders against the likes of Sunderland?

who else can he play then pam ?? he's obviously got issues with stevie Ireland as have all of us going by some of his recent performances.

Pam said:

Yeah, the ten chances we created were just not enough... far too negative, eh?

Doh!

Soulboy said:
Pam said:

Yeah, the ten chances we created were just not enough... far too negative, eh?

Doh!

To be fair to Pam we were a goal down and resoundingly second best before we changed the system away from the 3 defensive midfielders.

It was arguably the worst 45 minutes of the season and it cost us 2 points.

I ackowledge on another day we would have scored 3 or 4 in that second half though.

Pam said:
It's not rocket science really is it. We have one attacking mid in Ireland who has been in poor form all season, we have Vierra who can pick a pass but ain't up to a full game at the moment, we have no other forward thinking midfielders.

As for Jose or Mancini, both quality managers, both capable of bringing us success IMO, if I had to choose I'd go for the one who isn't an irritating gobshite - Mancini IN.

Didsbury Dave said:
samharris said:
I find it hard to believe that an up and coming manager of the ilk of Roberto Mancini would agree to join us as a stop gap for Jose to just waltz in at the end of the season!!
He states hes on a 3.5 year deal and I believe him... Im sure there are plenty of clubs around the world who would love to have someone like Bobby manc at the helm...well we have him and when he gets to spend in the summer he will do great things...
We are still in the 4th spot race with spuds and they are the team put together by twitcher...this Current City team is Hughes's apart from Paddy v and Jonno mk 2...

Why didn't he spend in Jan?
Why has he no house over here?
Why has he not brought a backroom team?
Why did he state in his press conference he had a 6 month getout?
Why was it an open secret that he had a 6 month getout before the press conference?
Hell, I'm going to go all the way....
Why were reliable people saying that he had offered himself on a 6 month basis before Hughes was even sacked?

Go on then DD, If you will indulge me, I'll have a go at answering the questions...

He did spend in January.. £8m on Johnson. He also tried to sign Gago and Fariga for around £22m... that means the club were prepared to commit themselves to £30m in the January window, and had the "admin" not cocked up, this wouldn't have been an issue. This sort of sum doesn't suggest a lack of faith in the manager...yes?

No house over here... Sven got a three year deal at City and lived in a hotel for the full 12 months he was here. Mancini just can't uproot his family and drag them over to a new country in the space of 6 months... maybe that will all be sorted out in the summer? Isn't that a more reasonable excuse for him living alone at the moment? Maybe him and his missus have problems? Maybe he's happy being over here on his own? Who knows for certain? But it's clearly not just an indication that he's only got a 6 month contract.

Backroom team? Well he's brought over a goalkeeping coach, a fitness trainer and an assistant manager... he's probably only a couple of coaches away from his full entourage, and maybe they're just not available at the moment... and this too will be resolved in the summer? I'm not sure any more coaches at the moment would make any difference anyway... it seemed to be just Hughes that was obsessed with having a team of 30 back-up staff.

Maybe the "get-out" was for his benefit, in case he didn't fancy the job, or the country? Why assume it was just for City's benefit?

The "open secret" that he had a getout clause... see previous comment.

The other comment you make is just speculation and cannot be confirmed.

And that, your honour, is my case for the defence...

Soulboy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Why was it an open secret that he had a 6 month getout before the press conference?
Why were reliable people saying that he had offered himself on a 6 month basis before Hughes was even sacked?

Go on then DD, If you will indulge me, I'll have a go at answering the questions...

He did spend in January.. £8m on Johnson. He also tried to sign Gago and Fariga for around £22m... that means the club were prepared to commit themselves to £30m in the January window, and had the "admin" not cocked up, this wouldn't have been an issue. This sort of sum doesn't suggest a lack of faith in the manager...yes?

No house over here... Sven got a three year deal at City and lived in a hotel for the full 12 months he was here. Mancini just can't uproot his family and drag them over to a new country in the space of 6 months... maybe that will all be sorted out in the summer? Isn't that a more reasonable excuse for him living alone at the moment? Maybe him and his missus have problems? Maybe he's happy being over here on his own? Who knows for certain? But it's clearly not just an indication that he's only got a 6 month contract.

Backroom team? Well he's brought over a goalkeeping coach, a fitness trainer and an assistant manager... he's probably only a couple of coaches away from his full entourage, and maybe they're just not available at the moment... and this too will be resolved in the summer? I'm not sure any more coaches at the moment would make any difference anyway... it seemed to be just Hughes that was obsessed with having a team of 30 back-up staff.

Maybe the "get-out" was for his benefit, in case he didn't fancy the job, or the country? Why assume it was just for City's benefit?

The Jury are back in and find DD gulty of wild speculation and the promotion of conspiracy theories.
We award damages to Soulboy for his logical evaluation of the facts before him.

You ain't the jury, boy....<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:46 pm --<br /><br />
Soulboy said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I'm a bit busy to put together a case for the prosecution, Soulboy, but my first comment is that there are a lot of maybes in your thread, and none in mine.

Yet I am accused of speculation...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.