mancini or mourinho? or mancini vrs mourinho

bluemonkey71 said:
The main issue is stability and we can get that with Mancini if he's given the chance. Mourinho could win us trophies but he'll be off like a shot to try and win the league in Spain.
Mourinho would give us 5 years, win things then go off to manage Portugal. That would do me.

Mancini - 3 years, maybe get us to third and win a cup. Then get sacked.

Didsbury Dave said:

Take it as a compliment, Soulboy, I respect your views. And I know you can stand up for yourself.

You could get 6 or 7 to one on what you're proposing at the bookies. I know lads who have more than that.

Let's make it a simpler bet. I bet Mancini isn't manager come the start of next season, how about that?

Winner posts a grovelling apology on here, including the phrase "I acknowledge that XXXXXXXXXXX knows best and I apologise for suggesting otherwise".

How's that for a deal?!?!?

Abso-fuckin-lutely!

If you are right I will start a thread on here praising you to the skies, how you are more ITK than Cookie, and telling everyone what a tosser I am and that I know nothing about football, and I should have been born a rag!

Gulp!

So first game of the season, Mancini is in charge... I am the Golden One... Mancini not in charge... you face the mob!

Fair do's.

Maybe we could start a Mancini In or Out thread where posters can give their support to either one of us, and who might be prepared to take the flak as well!

bluemonkey71 said:
The main issue is stability and we can get that with Mancini if he's given the chance. Mourinho could win us trophies but he'll be off like a shot to try and win the league in Spain.

I'd prefer the long term stability and I'm pretty sure the owners would. I could be proved wrong but hopefully not. Personally I'd rather wait 2 years for a trophy and have a long term manager than have one that came in spent a bomb, won a trophy then fucked off.

Well I'm not so sure about that.

If City won the premier league the whole profile of the club would be hugely changed. In terms of the calibre of player we could attract, in terms of sponsorship deals, supporter numbers etc.

If I had the choice of a manager coming in for three years and winning the league and a few other cups then leaving, I'd take it.

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. In this case that is certainly true.

inbetween said:
Totally different playstyles, would require a big change in players, just don't see it happening anymore.. Especially after his press conference today he said he wanted to also manage a La Liga team... Hes off to Madrid next if you ask me, they are going backwards under Pellegrini.

Hardly, they've not made it to the quarter finals of the Champions League for 6 seasons now, but they're doing pretty well domestically under him including scoring plenty of goals.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Soulboy, can't recall the bet...however if it was a wager with regards the discussions that have already taken place, it's pennies nobody can call in!

No sense of insight, varying of percentages etc, will ultimately be prudent enough to second guess Jose.

I would still hang my hat on Jose, however, have conceded Real is the great fly in the ointment.

He will not come to any other club in England at present, other than City.

I've got £50 on Dunguib to win in the 1.30 at Cheltenham today.

It should piss it, but the reason it wasn't a ton is down to the unknown.

Led to believe Mancini held a meeting in the team hotel the night before Chelsea game with Cook and Marwood, about targets.

It's 70 points mate - that could easily suggest Mancini still has it in his own hands - and that Champs League is not a pre-requisite.

However, if this was the case, it also suggests that City's board were concerned enough to think we were going to fall short.

I don't go for this honourable thing, either. As Billy Shears says, if Jose gives form wink, the owners will press the button.

I agree it would be very harsh, but they proved with the Hughes fall-out, they will not blink if it needs to happen.

I think Mancini is a 'great bloke' and his full case cannot be made as he has not bought his own players, but he might still be prevented from making it.

Top post mate.

But, yes, we did discuss a bet about Mourinho, and like DD you stated you could get better odds at the bookies, so we let it lie.

I have no problem whatsoever if the board decide that Mourinho is to be in charge next season, irrespective of what Mancini achieves. I only ever want what is best for City.

However, on a personal level I would be prepared to stick with Mancini as I have faith that he can deliver.

My caveats about Jose are simply that I don't believe he is interested in coming to us in the summer. I've read a fair bit about him and I doubt if City are his number one choice in the summer... and I even disagree with you that only City are in the frame if he comes backk to England, as I believe Liverpool would find the cash for him, and we're even behind the scousers as his next choice of job.

How could I be disappointed if Jose took over? Obviously I wouldn't. But I just don't believe he would come to us.

It's only my opinion for God's sake! Stop picking on me!

Didsbury Dave said:
bluemonkey71 said:

I'd prefer the long term stability and I'm pretty sure the owners would. I could be proved wrong but hopefully not. Personally I'd rather wait 2 years for a trophy and have a long term manager than have one that came in spent a bomb, won a trophy then fucked off.

If City won the premier league the whole profile of the club would be hugely changed. In terms of the calibre of player we could attract, in terms of sponsorship deals, supporter numbers etc.

If I had the choice of a manager coming in for three years and winning the league and a few other cups then leaving, I'd take it.

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. In this case that is certainly true.

Fairdo's but when I think about Mansour who seems to be a quiet, unassuming character and hiring Mourinho who doesnt let anything lie I just can't see it happening. I'm sure they have it in hand :O)

Soulboy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Take it as a compliment, Soulboy, I respect your views. And I know you can stand up for yourself.

You could get 6 or 7 to one on what you're proposing at the bookies. I know lads who have more than that.

Let's make it a simpler bet. I bet Mancini isn't manager come the start of next season, how about that?

Winner posts a grovelling apology on here, including the phrase "I acknowledge that XXXXXXXXXXX knows best and I apologise for suggesting otherwise".

How's that for a deal?!?!?

Abso-fuckin-lutely!

If you are right I will start a thread on here praising you to the skies, how you are more ITK than Cookie, and telling everyone what a tosser I am and that I know nothing about football, and I should have been born a rag!

Gulp!

So first game of the season, Mancini is in charge... I am the Golden One... Mancini not in charge... you face the mob!

Fair do's.

Maybe we could start a Mancini In or Out thread where posters can give their support to either one of us, and who might be prepared to take the flak as well!

Done!

Incidentally, I had a similar bet with a certain poster that City would sell out both games against United in the CC. Obviously I won and he never "paid up".

Didsbury Dave said:
bluemonkey71 said:

I actually agree with that!

See, we are not so different...

Soulboy said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I actually agree with that!

See, we are not so different...

Too late to start palling up with me now, Soulboy.

We're opponents now, until next August....;)

I think I'll support Fulham on Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.