Mancini or Pep era?

Pep is a world class manager with the Midas touch. There is no debate. Whilst no Champions League concerns me a bit, this is such a farcical competition that it’s not a priority until it’s reformed.

The anticipation for our first premier league title under Mancini will never be replicated. We'd blown our points lead, fallen behind to the rags and it looked all over. I remember the West Brom game that felt like a nothing game only to hear that united had lost at Wigan... then it was game on again. All the matches became cup finals after that, culminating in the Aguero goal.

Pep's team play a brand of football never seen in the Premier league before. They've broken a ridiculous amounts of records and are incredible to watch. He's probably the best manager of his generation, who has brought us unimaginable success.

In terms of era's there's no comparison. Pep all day long, but Mancini bridged the gap to take City from a team not even in the champs league to title winners. The first premier league title will arguably mean the most and to have won it in that manner is special.

Last edited:
Sir Roberto of MANC for me,for the way he stood up to the pisscan, that alone I will always love this man.
Yep. To take the title from Ferguson is something different. VK’s header at home, Yaya’s performance at Newcastle away, Aguero’s winner at QPR nothing has eclipsed those moments for me. I think Mancini’s best 11 vs Peps best would be an incredible game (I realise many players would feature for both sides) but I think Mancini’s would win. Tevez and Aguero, peak Yaya and Silva, peak Kompany and Zaba and Hart in Dortmund/Barca form. We just had everything pace, power, aggression. Loved that first prem win and if folk are honest Pep’s best players he inherited. That’s not me digging him out just stating the truth. The best two players to join us under Pep are Laporte and Sane, Walker and Eddie decent obvs but there’s been a lot of meh signings and we’ve lost Sane now. Likewise Hughes handed Bobby VK and Zab and De Jong. Not sure anyone yet fully appreciates how blessed we are to have seen that spine of Hart, Kompany, Zab, Yaya Silva and Aguero. Incredible players during their time with us.

Two wonderful coaches, in different ways. Loved Bobbymanc, admire Pep enormously. Don't ask me to choose, its like asking me which of my kids I love more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.