Mancini or Pep era?

Pep is the best manger we've had. Mancini is my favourite.
I think Mancini understood our mentality as supporters more than Pep, although the situation with UEFA has made Pep start to understand our contempt for the Champions League and the footballing "elite"

I think Mancini understood our mentality as supporters more than Pep, although the situation with UEFA has made Pep start to understand our contempt for the Champions League and the footballing "elite"

Agree with the first bit mate but haven't seen anything from Pep regarding our contempt of the CL.

Bobby era

Everything starts with that first building block,that first climb up the first rung

Winning the fa cup

Sorting out those rags ,getting past them was difficult,we had so many years getting battered by them ,we had to grow up fast as a club

Bobby ripped down the banner

Humiliated pisscan with his worst ever defeat

The agony we had then of dreading derbies,the run up to to the April one i nearly had a heart attack!

We scared them into the April derby 2012,he never set up his team's to just get a point but he was bricking it

Vinny headed it in,bobby took on pisscan and he nearly keeled over in shock that someone stood up to him and beat him

Agueroooooool sealed it,ripped their heart out

Where we are now is brilliant but I would chose the fights and experiencing the firsts in the beginning everytime

Great post. Bold part nailed it for me. It was the fight through that transition from mid-table to top 4 / Champions that was the most exciting and I (hopefully) won't ever see that again. Plus it was framed against the best rivalry, Fergie still being at the rags. Just won't be the same with anyone else, no matter how many times the dippers try and out-**** themselves.

Last edited:
Nobody can deny the near perfection of the 2017-18 season, but I firmly believe that in years to come, the symbolism of Mancini standing up to Ferguson will be the moment that everyone remembers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.