Mancini out/Mancini in

Pam said:
He will do well as long as he is not over cautious. There should be no repeat of some of the mistakes of last season - we need to go for the jugular against a lot of these teams.

I agree that he should do well as long as he doesn't resort to being overly cautious.

At some stage we have to get some continuity into what we are trying to achieve at the club. We can't keep replacing managers, back room staff, and players. This is the fundamental reason we've won nothing since I was 17. As the famous quote from the film "American Werewolf In London" goes. "That's enough!"

Mancini's new chair has been installed at coms.

spring+chair.jpg

Interesting article on Mancini from an Argie fan:

<a class="postlink" href="http://myargentinianfootball.blogspot.com/2008/05/future-of-inter-milan-mancini-to.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://myargentinianfootball.blogspot.c ... ni-to.html</a>

It's odd that the cons are the same things that some City fans have been bringing up. I agree with the previous poster though. Now that he's here, we need to have continuity. I'm hoping he's learning as he goes and is able to unite the team. If we do end up with up to 7 new signings as some suggest, there is going to be another period where some superior player management skills are going to be needed.

On the flip side, this article gives some insight into how Mancini played his formations.

<a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rorysmith/100004997/italian-stereotype-degrades-mancini-and-serie-a/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rory ... d-serie-a/</a>

The interesting parts are that he prefers a 3 man combative midfield and it suggests that's why Yaya would be a target. Also that he sometimes uses 2 big men up front which would be consistent with our supposed pursuit of Dzeko. Hopefully, his dull defensive streak last year was simply poor execution of what he was hoping to be swift counter attacking football.

He has got to form a better bond with the players. With this unprecedented spending spree, there had better be results, and not dressing room fights or blabbing to the media about how much the players hate Mancini's methods.

That stuff has to stop. Hard to win if players don't like their coach.

i just hope people on here especially give him till christmas at least. first up tottenham away. we nearly always lose to them and they did finish above us last year. no real shock should we lose there. red dippers at home. as some have said if hodgson gets them playing as they should have last year and they keep gerard who will have something to prove and torres and mascherano not beyond belief we may lose or draw this one. so after all of 2 games this place will be full of mancini out threads. he doesn't know what he's doing etc. etc. lets see where we are at the turn of the year eh?

mancyman said:
i just hope people on here especially give him till christmas at least. first up tottenham away. we nearly always lose to them and they did finish above us last year. no real shock should we lose there. red dippers at home. as some have said if hodgson gets them playing as they should have last year and they keep gerard who will have something to prove and torres and mascherano not beyond belief we may lose or draw this one. so after all of 2 games this place will be full of mancini out threads. he doesn't know what he's doing etc. etc. lets see where we are at the turn of the year eh?
Absolutely. The players are going to have to gel quickly, especially with the start to the season we have.

Damocles said:
Absolutely definitely will happen unless he's in the top two.

A large proportion of Bluemooners have become petulant children who demand instant success and will throw their porridge on the floor if it doesn't come.

We could have any manager in the world, including Zombie Joe Mercer, and they'd still find reasons to want to sack him.

Just had my porridge, Damocles, not a drop on the floor! I think that the kind of player Mancini is bringing to the club belies any notion of a negative approach. All these guys are attack-minded. He might, because I think that is definitely one of his managerial characteristics, take a more sanguine approach against the likes of NewTopFour on the road.

But what's with this Zombie Joe?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.