Mancini out/Mancini in

de niro said:
i think its totally diffferent to the hughes situation, people wanted hughes out BEFORE a ball was kicked, he dared to have played for the rags, the same people would have been gutted had city done well under him, worst still there were people on here wanted city to lose in order for him to be sacked. pathetic.
as for mancini i dont think anybody wants rid of him, even last season when lets face it he fucked up big time in some games i dont think many wanted him gone.he just had to learn what the prem is all about.the players he has bought seem perfect for an assault on the prem title, good players and with a flair and grit mix.his man management will be better as he has his own players in, there was bound to have been a group of hughes players miffed at his sacking.so all in all its all geared for success so i dont think the in/out subject will pop up, if we are there or there abouts we will have january to tweak things so xmas(as last season) is too soon to sack any manager, if we finish 5th next season it wont make one jot of difference what is said on here as the owners will make that decision for us.

good stuff dn, please give some of your pills to pb

King Geedorah said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Anyone think we shouldn't be well in the top 4 after the first half-dozen games this season?

I could understand if we weren't. Mancini is going to have to blood, blend and win simultaneously to keep pace. I imagine the winning will take a lot of the slack and rightfully so, we need to take a step back to stride forward. Before you start I never once wanted Hughes out, just because some idiots did doesn't mean that becomes the standard.
I've always said it takes time for a manager to blend a team together from the raw ingredients. I'm not yet convinced Mancini is the man but I will give him time to prove that.

6 games, is that all he gets? and with a new team, half a dozen players who've not played in the prem before? statistically nothing will have evened out by then. any fucker can be top four after 6. I know, I know, 17 isn't a great sample either.. but at the mid-point of the season you can usually figure out a trajectory !JOKE!

Just how bad would he have to do in order to make it worthwhile, make all the unrest, the mountains of press criticism, the damage to our image?

how bad would it have to be in order to justify taking a chance and getting whoever is available mid-season? pretty fucking bad, I'd say. 15 points off the top four at christmas bad. anything less could reasonably be turned around by a team that's still gelling.

I learned my lesson. Mid Season sackings are a bad idea. Unless the players are 100% pissed off and disaster is staring you in the face, then player-unrest is inevitable and probably outweighs any benefits. As much as I am happier with this guy in charge, little was achieved that made it worthwhile doing then and there, rather than at the end of the season. I just hope the sheiks have learned this too. Maybe they already knew, and there was another reason for it all. That would put my mind at ease, but I've no evidence for anything beyond a theory that MH's relationships with the board had become unworkable (self-evident), and in particular, that they weren't prepared to give him the bucks to spend on players like Parker, and Upson.

All speculation. It's history. I hope for some sanity this year. Last season was waaay too stressful, it was hard to enjoy any of it with so much argument and controversy.

BobKowalski said:
The language skills is largely nonsense in my opinion. It is simply a convenient excuse for when things go wrong which we are seeing writ large with Capello at the moment. It didn't seem to handicap Ancelotti last season nor did it prevent Mancini communicating his ideas to the players last season. They may not like his ideas or his methods but they did get it :)

Communication is not just about communicating WHAT your ideas on the pitch are, but also it's about communicating WHY you have those ideas. Also, your Ancelotti example is misleading. The whole point is that Mancini is a poor man manager, and in fact, Ancelotti's success at Chelsea shows that if you take a more sanguine and modern approach to managing your playing squad, it reaps more benefits than the "iron fist" approach. Look at the glowing terms in which Joe Cole spoke of Ancelotti even though he barely played last season, and was released by Chelsea this summer.

If we're talking about making excuses - excusing every idiosyncrasy of the manager as being ultimately beneficial to the club, whilst at the same time lambasting every idiosyncrasy a player has as being the by-product of being over-paid, work shy, or 'thick', is lazy and blinkered.

Chelsea dressing room = Close knit, extremely settled, experienced team with obvious meritocratic heirachy. They demonstrably know how to win together and manage themselves. The light touch is all that's ever needed in that situation.

City dressing room = ?

Chick Counterfly said:
6 games, is that all he gets? and with a new team, half a dozen players who've not played in the prem before? statistically nothing will have evened out by then. any fucker can be top four after 6. I know, I know, 17 isn't a great sample either.. but at the mid-point of the season you can usually figure out a trajectory !JOKE!

Just how bad would he have to do in order to make it worthwhile, make all the unrest, the mountains of press criticism, the damage to our image?

how bad would it have to be in order to justify taking a chance and getting whoever is available mid-season? pretty fucking bad, I'd say. 15 points off the top four at christmas bad. anything less could reasonably be turned around by a team that's still gelling.

I learned my lesson. Mid Season sackings are a bad idea. Unless the players are 100% pissed off and disaster is staring you in the face, then player-unrest is inevitable and probably outweighs any benefits. As much as I am happier with this guy in charge, little was achieved that made it worthwhile doing then and there, rather than at the end of the season. I just hope the sheiks have learned this too. Maybe they already knew, and there was another reason for it all. That would put my mind at ease, but I've no evidence for anything beyond a theory that MH's relationships with the board had become unworkable (self-evident), and in particular, that they weren't prepared to give him the bucks to spend on players like Parker, and Upson.

All speculation. It's history. I hope for some sanity this year. Last season was waaay too stressful, it was hard to enjoy any of it with so much argument and controversy.

It's highly unlikely we'll see another midseason sacking unless the wheels come off in a truly spectacular fashion, but it won't change the supporters expectations, and I don't see Mancini getting an easy ride just because he's got to blood six new players. He'll have the best playing squad in the world barring maybe only Madrid's come the start of the season. It's neither over ambitious, nor unrealistic to expect us to be comfortably in the mix for the title all season...any negative deviation from that will lead to justifiable calls for his head...

nimrod said:
Does anybody else have this nauseating feeling that history will repeat itself this season and that by Xmas a large proportion of fans will be calling for Mancini to be dumped due to his, shall we say, slightly negative tactics ?

I hope to god Im wrong as I really didnt like the Hughes in/out episode.

No

Damocles said:
Absolutely definitely will happen unless he's in the top two.

A large proportion of Bluemooners have become petulant children who demand instant success and will throw their porridge on the floor if it doesn't come.

We could have any manager in the world, including Zombie Joe Mercer, and they'd still find reasons to want to sack him.

FFS Dam, no need...will you stop slagging off fellow fans...it really pisses me off

got to this post and thought here we go again...thread over

What happened in the past, is gone, we can continue the fight over Hughes and if he should have been sacked, or indeed if he was up to the job, but frankly it's going over old ground. However, I would like to say LOTS of people that didn't want Hughes did so based on the feeling that he wasn't very good, not based on the fact that he was an ex-rag. One of the things that saddens me the most about the whole Hughes in/out is blues that I have the greatest respect for, seem to feel the need to belittle other blues view on this issue.

To answer this question, when the fixture list came out I remember thinking this might well be a long season if we don't hit the ground running, my guess is he will get the season, but a really poor start of a run of 2 months without a league win(like Hughes had last season)and we could be starting the whole thing again.

Chick Counterfly said:
Chelsea dressing room = Close knit, extremely settled, experienced team with obvious meritocratic heirachy. They demonstrably know how to win together and manage themselves. The light touch is all that's ever needed in that situation.

City dressing room = ?

Too simplistic an argument. They may well be a close knit, extremely settled team - but the make up of the personalities in their dressing room is no more explosive than ours. Some would argue that it is an even bigger set of egos and even more difficult to manage. I mean, Drogba, Anelka, Terry, Deco, Malouda, Ballack et al are hardly shrinking violets. And last season they were coming off the back of having not won the league for a few years, plus they then had the humbling exit at the hands of Inter in the CL. Ancelotti did an absolutely top class job and should be applauded for the way he handled the players throughout.

In contrast, Mancini seemed to constantly be in conflict with portions of our playing squad - and rightly or wrongly it had a detrimental effect on our season...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.