Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
forevermancity said:
Marvin said:
grim up north said:
Mouriniho is not a cheque book manager?
I don't know about Mourinho at Porto, but ever since he is the personification of the cheque book manager

Ferguson bought RVP in the Summer, and we knew then what a decisive moment that was. We expected a response but were amazed at what transpired in the last week in August. I was quite happy that we didn't sign RVP, but I expected we'd strengthen elsewhere.

I can take finishing 2nd best to Utd, I can't take meltdown and under-performing. We play to our maximum and nothing else is acceptable. Is that players, manager or the club's fault?
Are you still comparing city sacking Mancini to the farce at Chelsea by the way?

Missing your response?

If you slag off some posters for a farcical point at least face up to it when challenged?

Unless you were chatting bollocks as per usual

Marvin, where are you?

Re: Would Swales have sacked bobby by now?

i8rags said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
There have been some utterly,utterly shite threads in the last 24 hours but well played to the OP for setting the bar to a new low.
Keep reading on these threads that we are the best team, well the best team always wins the league, so if the best team does not win the league, it's because we haven't got the best manager.

The best team does not always win the league but when it doesn't, you do have to look at the manager.

Not seen it mentioned but the decision not to play Kompany beggars belief now with hindsight, admittedly.

Apparently he was fit to play but ESPN said Mancini did not want to risk it with so many games still to play?

That's not shortsightedness, more delusion, if that was indeed the case.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not seen it mentioned but the decision not to play Kompany beggars belief now with hindsight, admittedly.

Apparently he was fit to play but ESPN said Mancini did not want to risk it with so many games still to play?

He's keeping him fit for FA Cup ,he knows it's only competition we have a chance to win.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

As you recognise, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Understandable decision, given the niggles VK has had this season, but more than anything it was his leadership we missed. Shocking how many senior players caved under the pressure.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Worse decision was not to play Kolo, who appeared to be fit enough to be on the bench and played well when recently filling in for VK.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

You could point out to resting Milner and Nasty as well but in truth as has been said the side we put out was more than capable of putting on a good display and getting 3 points.

I have little doubt that had Kompany , Nasty and Milner started last night we still would have put on the disgraceful display we did so it afforded RM another excuse as such.

Something off the field that may come to light happened that meant the players en mass didn't want to perform.

You could tell even in the tunnel their minds were elsewhere.

They should be professional enough to put it behind them and I am not sure if its been building in recent weeks or it was a one off event that happened in the lead up to the game but while it seemed like a protest by the players on the park not to perform clearly something was rotten in Denmark so to speak.

Perhaps Tolmie with your connections at the club you can enlighten us as to what it might be.

I think its well beyond Tevez and his personal issues but who knows?

Strangeways said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Understandable decision, given the niggles VK has had this season, but more than anything it was his leadership we missed. Shocking how many senior players caved under the pressure.

I just look at it the other way. Always play your best team.

We went into that game yesterday knowing it was shit or bust.

Vinny could just as easily get injured in a one-off Cup tie.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Strangeways said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I just look at it the other way. Always play your best team.

We went into that game yesterday knowing it was shit or bust.

Vinny could just as easily get injured in a one-off Cup tie.

I guess so, but Leeds and Chelsea are two huge games, even more so after the shambles on saturday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.