Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dan.j.mcfc said:
I'll be eternally grateful to Mancini for his part in helping us win our first trophy in decades, managing us to the champions of England and in general being here at the start of us becoming a real force in football. I do think we need to kick on now though, just like when a side becomes better, the players we recruit become better. The managerial position is no different, at this level and by "this level" I mean defending champions, looking to hold on to our title, he's proven himself to be tactically inept time and time again. If proof was ever needed that we could do better, I think of it like this.....If old whisky face was our manager would we be 9 points behind, if your answer is anything other than no, I suggest you stop reading this and find a new sport. If Mancini was currently in charge of their squad, do you think they would be about to go 12 points ahead? Not a chance in hell. Lets not even mention our shambolic foray into to Europe. I'm not here to slag Mancini, far from it, but IMO he's reached his peak as a manager.I think everybody must realize its highly unlikely he would have been here this season without that Aguero goal.

but IMO he's reached his peak as a manager.

Indeed.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Strangeways said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not seen it mentioned but the decision not to play Kompany beggars belief now with hindsight, admittedly.

Apparently he was fit to play but ESPN said Mancini did not want to risk it with so many games still to play?

That's not shortsightedness, more delusion, if that was indeed the case.

As you recognise, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Understandable decision, given the niggles VK has had this season, but more than anything it was his leadership we missed. Shocking how many senior players caved under the pressure.

I just look at it the other way. Always play your best team.

We went into that game yesterday knowing it was shit or bust.

Vinny could just as easily get injured in a one-off Cup tie.

Agreed and according to the commentary I was listening to Nasty was being rested as well but again something that went on during the week or perhaps has been building/ festering for a couple of weeks meant that the players on mass didn't want to be their last night and I mean that with sincerity and a passion.

It went well beyond Southampton's press and the fact we had to win to reduce the gap to 6 points.

It was a massive protest by all the players in response to something that happened off the field no doubt and while its inexcusable for such so called highly paid professionals to put down tools everybody watching that game knew from the outset we elsewhere in mindset.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Strangeways said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not seen it mentioned but the decision not to play Kompany beggars belief now with hindsight, admittedly.

Apparently he was fit to play but ESPN said Mancini did not want to risk it with so many games still to play?

As you recognise, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Understandable decision, given the niggles VK has had this season, but more than anything it was his leadership we missed. Shocking how many senior players caved under the pressure.

I just look at it the other way. Always play your best team.

We went into that game yesterday knowing it was shit or bust.

Vinny could just as easily get injured in a one-off Cup tie.

agree with this. you should always play your best 11, have half an arguement for capital cup but thats it.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Oh, so it must be true then.

If Kompany was fine to play, he would have done, or at least been on the bench. It is obvious Kompany was either 100% unavailable or the medical staff said that he could probably play but with a high chance he aggrevates his injury.

mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

You could point out to resting Milner and Nasty as well but in truth as has been said the side we put out was more than capable of putting on a good display and getting 3 points.

I have little doubt that had Kompany , Nasty and Milner started last night we still would have put on the disgraceful display we did so it afforded RM another excuse as such.

Something off the field that may come to light happened that meant the players en mass didn't want to perform.

You could tell even in the tunnel their minds were elsewhere.

They should be professional enough to put it behind them and I am not sure if its been building in recent weeks or it was a one off event that happened in the lead up to the game but while it seemed like a protest by the players on the park not to perform clearly something was rotten in Denmark so to speak.

Perhaps Tolmie with your connections at the club you can enlighten us as to what it might be.

I think its well beyond Tevez and his personal issues but who knows?

That's quite a bold statement to suggest Vinny, Milner and to a lesser extent, Nasty, would have also downed tools.

Perhaps the result would have been the same but there is already too much speculation re Tevez somehow being involved.

It was supposedly personal and we do know his little girl has been quite ill in last couple years.

If you think something like that has transpired, then Mancini won't last the week.

Sadly, players are much more valuable commodities, but I would kick any player out who put his own shit ahead of professional pride and our club.

I do think it's a welcome respite that the next few days will no doubt all be about United at Real.

mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

You could point out to resting Milner and Nasty as well but in truth as has been said the side we put out was more than capable of putting on a good display and getting 3 points.

I have little doubt that had Kompany , Nasty and Milner started last night we still would have put on the disgraceful display we did so it afforded RM another excuse as such.

Something off the field that may come to light happened that meant the players en mass didn't want to perform.

They should be professional enough to put it behind them and I am not sure if its been building in recent weeks or it was a one off event that happened in the lead up to the game but while it seemed like a protest by the players on the park not to perform clearly something was rotten in Denmark so to speak.

Perhaps Tolmie with your connections at the club you can enlighten us as to what it might be.

This was completely apparent.

Everything was 'wrong' - the body language, the vibe, the performance, the lack of interest, the whole fucking thing had crumbled. Would love to know what the fuck has gone on.

It was similar although not as brutally obvious against the thieves last week to.

Something has clearly gone on.

Too many people perhaps putting 2+2?

Most of the players were away on internationals until Friday.

Was Tevez away?

I saw him on training video on the Friday laughing and joking with Yaya.

So much more plausible a private matter and the performance was just an extension of the half-arsed efforts in recent weeks.

I don't think the players would deliberately play badly to spite the manager, but it does feel that things are unhappy within the camp, and that often leads to poor performances. Last weeks little rumour may have had something to so with it, I don't know. The players look unhappy with their lot, they look like they have lost confidence in the management and their methods.

Yeaterday's game looked like the spurs game before Hughes was sacked. A frustrated team, a frustrated manager, no cohesion, little unity.

I think we are a cup defeat away from the end of the road. I've fancied us for the cup all season but I wouldn't put my money on it now.

Tick tock.

Couldn't believe what i seeing yesterday.

Crossed my mind as we were that bad, whether the players had been got at by this Singapore based betting scam, we were that bad

It's well known that Kompany and Nastasic have calf and knee injuries which have to be managed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.