Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancini wanted RVP, he knew he was crucial to winning the title again.Had he got him, the current league table would be reversed. Somewhere along the line, amongst the backslapping the board lost focus and he was overruled due to the cost and the 'player profiles' we now work too and as a result we spunked the money badly elsewhere. Think Mancini far from being sacked will be given what he asks for this time around no questions asked.

Motty said:
I think the progress he's made with the club in his first two seasons have earned him the right to be given another chance next season. This is the first season he's been in charge where the club haven't progressed. One season like this might not be such an issue in the long term (United have the odd bad season here and there), providing the board and the manager can learn from it and come back stronger next season.

If I asked you what on earth Mancini had to do to be sacked, what would it be?

If I asked:

1.) Drop out of Europe (for the second year running) completely in the bottom of our group and not win a single match (even against Ajax)?

2.) Be out of league contention and in a terrible run of form which could possibly see us out of the CL all together next season?

3.) Have #2 above happen in early FUCKING FEBRUARY???

4.) Drop out of the League Cup in the first match against an abysmal Aston Villa relegation candidate?

5.) Making tactical decisions that led DIRECTLY to #1-#4 occuring IN THE SAME SEASON???

The clock is ticking with FFP, and Aguero's goal had one undesirable consequence: Mancini got a new contract. Hell, him threatening to quit when PSG were trying to sign Balotelli for 40M is reason enough to sack the man. That's 20M he's directly lost us already this season, when the reigns of FFP are tightening. He's been a disaster since May 13th.

I don't care how it happens I just want him out of our club. Grateful for what he has achieved though

Dethred said:
Motty said:
I think the progress he's made with the club in his first two seasons have earned him the right to be given another chance next season. This is the first season he's been in charge where the club haven't progressed. One season like this might not be such an issue in the long term (United have the odd bad season here and there), providing the board and the manager can learn from it and come back stronger next season.

If I asked:

1.) Drop out of Europe (for the second year running) completely in the bottom of our group and not win a single match (even against Ajax)?

2.) Be out of league contention and in a terrible run of form which could possibly see us out of the CL all together next season?

4.) Drop out of the League Cup in the first match against an abysmal Aston Villa relegation candidate?

5.) Making tactical decisions that led DIRECTLY to #1-#4 occuring IN THE SAME SEASON???

The clock is ticking with FFP, and Aguero's goal had one undesirable consequence: Mancini got a new contract. Hell, him threatening to quit when PSG were trying to sign Balotelli for 40M is reason enough to sack the man. That's 20M he's directly lost us already this season, when the reigns of FFP are tightening. He's been a disaster since May 13th.
You can tell pantomime season is over all the drama queens are back in force

Dethred said:
Motty said:

If I asked:

With regards to number 4 - that's only being used against him now because of what's followed it. I don't think people were too upset about this at the time.

"Out of the CL all together" - yes if we play like we did yesterday for the rest of the season then that could happen, but I don't think that will happen. Although if we lose to Chelsea in 2 weeks, and I think it's a big if, then automatic qualification into the CL may be under threat, but dropping out of the top four altogether - don't think he's that bad.

His tactics aren't the sole reason we are where are. They've played a part, of course, but he isn't responsible for the fact we didn't sign Van Persie, he isn't responsible for the 92nd minute winner United scored against us, he isn't responsible for the two late goals Real scored against us, where if they hadn't had occured I genuinely think it could have been all so different for us in Europe.

He can't all of a sudden become a bad manager. Yes, we've fallen this season, but the question can he pick us back up? If it turns out he can't, then yes, serious questions need to be asked. But at least let's see if he can first, before chopping him. We can't play any worse than we did yesterday.

Surely the owners should listen to the fans and atleast have a meeting about it not just brush it under the carpet. Mancini is under pressure.

Ducado said:
Dethred said:
Motty said:

If I asked:

You can tell pantomime season is over all the drama queens are back in force
Keep it civil please we are getting sick & tired of all this blue on blue abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.