Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seosa said:
I do admire the loyalty to Mancini but as its been said, we cannot afford to regress at this stage. Sticking with Mancini means handing him another cheque-book, and his transfer record is poor. People might mention Yaya, Silva & Kun but these were players the club was already looking at, Mancini merely had to say "yes".

At a club like Newcastle, he'd probably take 4th place season after season, but we're too far past that stage now. I'm repeating what others have said but it's true, you cannot underestimate the impact this season would have on the club, regarding stance in England & Europe, possible signings & the current squad. Mancini has blown a huge chance to take a big step forward, we cannot chance the same happening to the club as a whole.

Every word of this is bang on!

Chippy_boy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It's also my understanding that Mancini was never seen by the owners as the ideal choice for our long-term manager

I can say for a fact that this is true. I have never been ITK about anything but a couple of months before Christmas by some weird chance I did become party to some dialogue between the Sheik and Khaldoon. They were more than clear that Mancini was not the long term choice and that they wanted Guardiola at the end of the season at the latest, Christmas if they could get him. I was shocked when he went to Munich, but I guess in the end he just did not want to come to Manchester and we couldn't persuade him.

Seems odd that they gave him that 5 year contract if this is true.

Didsbury Dave said:
LoveCity said:
So... Monaco have reestablished contact with Mancini's camp according to Sportmediaset! The article says they're willing to take him on IMMEDIATELY and that Vieira would become temporary City manager.

If this were true, something tells me that proposed Tevez/Nasri double deal to Monaco would be off! I think they'd be two of the last City players he'd want given Tevezgate and Nasri being a lazy arse and letting Mancini down so often.

Where's this from, mate? Link?

Sportsmediaset, but I'm sure their record is shoddy.

Either way, fingers crossed, I'd love to see Vieira take over for the rest of the season.

Didsbury Dave said:
LoveCity said:
So... Monaco have reestablished contact with Mancini's camp according to Sportmediaset! The article says they're willing to take him on IMMEDIATELY and that Vieira would become temporary City manager.

If this were true, something tells me that proposed Tevez/Nasri double deal to Monaco would be off! I think they'd be two of the last City players he'd want given Tevezgate and Nasri being a lazy arse and letting Mancini down so often.

Where's this from, mate? Link?

Here's where I found it in Italian:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=424488" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=424488</a>

I can't find it on the Mediaset site because it's too confusing to navigate in Italian.

Here's an English translation:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.eatsleepsport.com/manchester-city/mancini-to-monaco-link-resurfaces-1546560.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eatsleepsport.com/manchester ... 46560.html</a>

Rolee said:
Chippy_boy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It's also my understanding that Mancini was never seen by the owners as the ideal choice for our long-term manager

I can say for a fact that this is true. I have never been ITK about anything but a couple of months before Christmas by some weird chance I did become party to some dialogue between the Sheik and Khaldoon. They were more than clear that Mancini was not the long term choice and that they wanted Guardiola at the end of the season at the latest, Christmas if they could get him. I was shocked when he went to Munich, but I guess in the end he just did not want to come to Manchester and we couldn't persuade him.

Did you find it odd that Adam Johnson got a new contract less than a year before he was sold ? Or that Mourinho got one last summer after winning the league yet is nailed on to be sacked this summer ?

BillyShears said:
Rolee said:
Chippy_boy said:

Did you find it odd that Adam Johnson got a new contract less than a year before he was sold ? Or that Mourinho got one last summer after winning the league yet is nailed on to be sacked this summer ?

Exactly, contracts mean fuck all. When will people realise that?

BillyShears said:
Rolee said:
Chippy_boy said:

Johnson, no, protecting an asset. How long was Mourinho's?

Seosa said:
BillyShears said:
Rolee said:

Most do, to be fair.

Seosa said:

Di Matteo got a new contract last summer too.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:00 pm --<br /><br />
Rolee said:
How long was Mourinho's?

The relevance of that question is directly proportionate to the relevance of your original point.

Chippy_boy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I am not privy to info but when you sit down and think about it that makes sense. Also explains the reluctance to spend big last summer. In a bizarre way winning the league has put us back, for how long we don't know. After all we had just won the league, so how far could we regress. Well the evidence was there for all to see last weekend, a non performance that has been coming for a while. Our summer signings were beyond madness, we have spent the last 5 years or more getting our deadwood out and now we have added to the list. We will not recoup the fee we paid for any we need to get rid of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.