Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueMoonz1977 said:
Chippy_boy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It's also my understanding that Mancini was never seen by the owners as the ideal choice for our long-term manager

I can say for a fact that this is true. I have never been ITK about anything but a couple of months before Christmas by some weird chance I did become party to some dialogue between the Sheik and Khaldoon. They were more than clear that Mancini was not the long term choice and that they wanted Guardiola at the end of the season at the latest, Christmas if they could get him. I was shocked when he went to Munich, but I guess in the end he just did not want to come to Manchester and we couldn't persuade him.

And where did you become party to this dialogue ?

In Abu Dhabi, during the grand prix.

Chippy_boy said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
Chippy_boy said:
I can say for a fact that this is true. I have never been ITK about anything but a couple of months before Christmas by some weird chance I did become party to some dialogue between the Sheik and Khaldoon. They were more than clear that Mancini was not the long term choice and that they wanted Guardiola at the end of the season at the latest, Christmas if they could get him. I was shocked when he went to Munich, but I guess in the end he just did not want to come to Manchester and we couldn't persuade him.

Don't say any more, mate, the piranhas will be all over you like a rash. Happened to me yesterday on the Mourinho thread, I was proved to be telling the truth and not a single one said "sorry".

Honestly, tt isn't worth the aggro mate. Billy will tell you too over Balo.

Didsbury Dave said:
Chippy_boy said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

Don't say any more, mate, the piranhas will be all over you like a rash. Happened to me yesterday on the Mourinho thread, I was proved to be telling the truth and not a single one said "sorry".

Wow, they are a pair of gobshites our chairman and owner aren't they.

So... Monaco have reestablished contact with Mancini's camp according to Sportmediaset! The article says they're willing to take him on IMMEDIATELY and that Vieira would become temporary City manager.

If this were true, something tells me that proposed Tevez/Nasri double deal to Monaco would be off! I think they'd be two of the last City players he'd want given Tevezgate and Nasri being a lazy arse and letting Mancini down so often.

Didsbury Dave said:
Chippy_boy said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

Good advice I am sure. Probably best if I say no more.

I'm not saying I want him gone but if we did leave I wouldn't be particularly disappointed.
Watching Madrid play against United, and watching the way Juve play made me realise how dull our playing style is at times, not to mention the fact that recently, it hasn't been putting points on the table.
If he does go, I don't know who could replace him.

I do admire the loyalty to Mancini but as its been said, we cannot afford to regress at this stage. Sticking with Mancini means handing him another cheque-book, and his transfer record is poor. People might mention Yaya, Silva & Kun but these were players the club was already looking at, Mancini merely had to say "yes".

At a club like Newcastle, he'd probably take 4th place season after season, but we're too far past that stage now. I'm repeating what others have said but it's true, you cannot underestimate the impact this season would have on the club, regarding stance in England & Europe, possible signings & the current squad. Mancini has blown a huge chance to take a big step forward, we cannot chance the same happening to the club as a whole.

LoveCity said:
So... Monaco have reestablished contact with Mancini's camp according to Sportmediaset! The article says they're willing to take him on IMMEDIATELY and that Vieira would become temporary City manager.

If this were true, something tells me that proposed Tevez/Nasri double deal to Monaco would be off! I think they'd be two of the last City players he'd want given Tevezgate and Nasri being a lazy arse and letting Mancini down so often.

Eurgh. Monaco. If Mancini ends up there it'll be the ultimate vindication of my feelings about the guy.

LoveCity said:

Where's this from, mate? Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.