Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
44years said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
Chippy_boy said:
I can say for a fact that this is true. I have never been ITK about anything but a couple of months before Christmas by some weird chance I did become party to some dialogue between the Sheik and Khaldoon. They were more than clear that Mancini was not the long term choice and that they wanted Guardiola at the end of the season at the latest, Christmas if they could get him. I was shocked when he went to Munich, but I guess in the end he just did not want to come to Manchester and we couldn't persuade him.

And where did you become party to this dialogue ?

Let me assure you, the above isn't correct. Mancini was always first choice.

I think the word you are looking for is "third", rather than first. Mourinho and Hiddink turned us down. Mancini offered himself for six months and was given it on that basis.

Rolee said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Rolee said:
Do you get some perverse kick out of being an arrogant patronising prick?

Rolee said:
A polite and respectful way to answer a query, fair play Chippy Boy. Take note Billy.

How about practicing what you preach?

Eh?

Haha. You're on a roll. I'd suggest going away, collecting what limited thoughts you have, and coming back with something beyond "he got a five year contract - Moo - five year contract - Moo - Forza Bobby". You don't want to be patronised, then don't act the fool.

44years said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
Chippy_boy said:
I can say for a fact that this is true. I have never been ITK about anything but a couple of months before Christmas by some weird chance I did become party to some dialogue between the Sheik and Khaldoon. They were more than clear that Mancini was not the long term choice and that they wanted Guardiola at the end of the season at the latest, Christmas if they could get him. I was shocked when he went to Munich, but I guess in the end he just did not want to come to Manchester and we couldn't persuade him.

And where did you become party to this dialogue ?

Let me assure you, the above isn't correct. Mancini was always first choice.
He was the first choice to fill in when Hughes got sacked. He was absolutely NOT the first choice to get the job on a longer term basis. The owners were actively talking to Mourinho and Hiddink about coming in that summer, after Mancini came in December. That is absolute gospel.

BillyShears said:
Rolee said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Eh?

Haha. You're on a roll. I'd suggest going away, collecting what limited thoughts you have, and coming back with something beyond "he got a five year contract - Moo - five year contract - Moo - Forza Bobby". You don't want to be patronised, then don't act the fool.

Think you're proving his point for him now.

If you don't agree then fine but taking your current stance is making you look like an arse.

BillyShears said:
Rolee said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Eh?

I'm simply asking why give the man such a long extension on his contract when he is not seen as long term. I don't think I deserve to be patronised in the way I am.

What is that you have in quotes, is that supposed to be representative of what I have said?

Can we all chill out a bit please?

Rolee - as me and others have tried to explain, a 5 year contract means nothing in itself. It all depends what's in it, what penalties there are, what compensation arrangements have been agreed, etc.

I work on a contract basis and usually of 3 months at a time. One client wanted to reduce my rate but was prepared to offer me a 12 month contract as a quid pro quo. However there was a 4-week notice clause in the contract and when the money ran out for the project we were wroking on they exercised that 6 months in. In the end, the 12 months meant nothing.

Rolee said:
BillyShears said:
Rolee said:

I'm simply asking why give the man such a long extension on his contract when he is not seen as long term. I don't think I deserve to be patronised in the way I am.

What is that you have in quotes, is that supposed to be representative of what I have said?

If you read the last two pages you have been given your answer as to why he was given the contract he was. I'm afraid the fact that you don't appear to really understand employment law is noone else's fault.

Rolee, you can see I put some effort in and you reply with a basic two liner. Put some effort in ffs.

They had no choice but to give him contract, what can you not understand?!?

He just won title, no outstanding other candidates either. Mancini or any other manager worth his salt would've haggled hard and made sure they were set for life when discussing terms. Good wage and long contract or no signing of contract.

NipHolmes said:
Rolee, you can see I put some effort in and you reply with a basic two liner. Put some effort in ffs.

They had no choice but to give him contract, what can you not understand?!?

He just won title, no outstanding other candidates either. Mancini or any other manager worth his salt would've haggled hard and made sure they were set for life when discussing terms. Good wage and long contract or no signing of contract.

Just to add to that accurate summation, i'm sure they will have hoped that he took the club onwards, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.