Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mancini out?

The difference is United bought the best scorer in Europe and the best playmaker in Germany. We sold the squad's heartbeat to Milan for 3 million and replaced him with Rodwell and Garcia, and spent nearly 8 million on Scott Sinclair.

This United team is going to break the record for most points in a season and it's sickening because even with those additions they're ridiculously beatable.

Oh well. Can still get a trophy this season and rebuild in the summer.

Marvin said:
With FFP if we change manager and get it wrong then one cock-up and we could f@ck it up forever.

We wont take risks, we can't afford to

We had a shocker today, nothing went right, and the players crumbled under the pressure. It happened last season too, but then Utd got complacent and we nicked it. There is nothing that means that good players and a good manager can not have a bad game or even a relatively disappointing season.

I don't see why there will be more managerial stability or longevity or putting the short or medium term success of any side should any side in the chumps league make what turns out to be a poor management choice.

Sides will turn over a manager depending on their targets and their situation and the circumstances they find themselves in.

In our case RM has his targets each year and if he fails to meet them then his situation will be reviewed in the light it should be with the result meaning he could be moved and it will be no different for the next manager.

Players may be a bit harder to move on under FFP although as we have seen we have found it difficult to move on many of ours as quickly as we would have liked.

What we need to do is buy within reason and buy astutely and manage our contracts much better than we have.

That's part of the reason for bringing in the staff we have and if they fail in that regard they will be moved on as well.

For the investment made we really do have a lot of average players. It's incredible.

Marvin said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Our title GIVEN away yes GIVEN away. Any City fan should be distrought. Travesty
Not really. Utd are just better this season.

But the big question is not whether we are 2nd best, but where we go from here

Bullshit, United just better.

We have not even kept them honest, dropping points against sub-standard opposition like today, Sunderland and Queens Park Rangers.

That's seven points right there, meaning at very least, this supposed mega United team should be no more than two points ahead, even allowing for our defeat against them.

As for stick or twist re FFPR. There is greater danger sticking with a manager who might even not make top four.

Put in a performance like that at United, though, and they will serve us those six goals back.

Blue2112 said:
Just a thought but I wonder if Mancini's style of man management came back and bit on his arse tonight. He's publicly slagged off Hart and last week openly criticised Dzeko and Aguero's performance against Liverpool. Lescott and Dzeko have more often than not been given a poor run of games from Mancini and his lack of desire to give Sinclair a chance beggars belief at times. Nasri has been used inconsistently and Silva is often subbed in games. Again Milner dropped following on from his MOTM performance last week. I do wonder if some or all of those players today just thought fuck it we're now expected to perform for him? I wouldn't agree with that mindest but it happens. I also wonder if Mancini himself feels in some way he's had enough following on from the sale of Mario?

-- Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:12 pm --

Just a thought but I wonder if Mancini's style of man management came back and bit on his arse tonight. He's publicly slagged off Hart and last week openly criticised Dzeko and Aguero's performance against Liverpool. Lescott and Dzeko have more often than not been given a poor run of games from Mancini and his lack of desire to give Sinclair a chance beggars belief at times. Nasri has been used inconsistently and Silva is often subbed in games. Again Milner dropped following on from his MOTM performance last week. I do wonder if some or all of those players today just thought fuck it we're now expected to perform for him? I wouldn't agree with that mindest but it happens. I also wonder if Mancini himself feels in some way he's had enough following on from the sale of Mario?
The 1-0 defeat at the Emirates looked like we had given up. Appearances are deceptive. We crumbled but not I feel through lack of effort, or a willingness to play for the manager. It was just too much pressure. We needed the 1st goal and didn't get it and were left chasing the game with time slipping through our fingers

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Marvin said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Our title GIVEN away yes GIVEN away. Any City fan should be distrought. Travesty
Not really. Utd are just better this season.

But the big question is not whether we are 2nd best, but where we go from here

Bullshit, United just better.

We have not even kept them honest, dropping points against sub-standard opposition like today, Sunderland and Queens Park Rangers.

That's seven points right there, meaning at very least, this supposed mega United team should be no more than two points ahead, even allowing for our defeat against them.

As for stick or twist re FFPR. There is greater danger sticking with a manager who might even not make top four.

Put in a performance like that at United, though, and they will serve us those six goals back.

A fair assesment TH. Who is available in the job market who can do well on an interim basis?

Schnauzer said:
Mancini badly let down last summer by Marwood.
Badly let down by his senior players today - Ya Ya, Barry, hart, Nasri and even silva - like they weren't properly prepared.
Made a mistake playing Nasri over Milner - we all make them.
Adios - Dzeko, Nasri, kolarov, maicon - need 4 top drawer players for next year
Absolute bollocks.

How has our fine club let down the manager?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Oh please.

Schnauzer said:
lancs blue said:
Schnauzer said:
Mancini badly let down last summer by Marwood.
Badly let down by his senior players today - Ya Ya, Barry, hart, Nasri and even silva - like they weren't properly prepared.
Made a mistake playing Nasri over Milner - we all make them.
Adios - Dzeko, Nasri, kolarov, maicon - need 4 top drawer players for next year
The only time we looked remotely threatening today was when these two were on.
Kolarov is bone idle and one great chance for a cross - hit the first man. Maico did rock all. If plan b is width - sign a couple of wingers

But for signing wingers Mancini has to go before.

Mancini or wingers! Or width will only come from fullbacks. But thats clearly not enough for City. Especially with the preferred slow build up play.

What he's done here should earn him another season. If it's still the same next season then yeah get rid but he deserves a bit of loyalty in my opinion, as bad as we look at the mo and in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.