Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mancini out?

tonycunninghamsbonce said:
Btw pelligrini is an EXCELLENT shout

Much rahter have Simeone. Younger and Argentinian! :)
And he would increase our chances of getting Falcao in the summer, who then wouldn't be played out on the wing or a deep lying playmaker as he would with Mancini in charge.

Andouble said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
As for stick or twist re FFPR. There is greater danger sticking with a manager who might even not make top four.

Oh please.

He's getting more dramatic by the hour....

Andouble said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
As for stick or twist re FFPR. There is greater danger sticking with a manager who might even not make top four.

Oh please.

Yeah can't see a team with 9 points less and twice as many losses surging past us myself. Stick with Mancini unless we can get a clearly better manager in the summer - which there's probably 2 or 3.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Marvin said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Our title GIVEN away yes GIVEN away. Any City fan should be distrought. Travesty
Not really. Utd are just better this season.

But the big question is not whether we are 2nd best, but where we go from here

Bullshit, United just better.

We have not even kept them honest, dropping points against sub-standard opposition like today, Sunderland and Queens Park Rangers.

That's seven points right there, meaning at very least, this supposed mega United team should be no more than two points ahead, even allowing for our defeat against them.

Put in a performance like that at United, though, and they will serve us those six goals back.

Bollock they have the better squad at this time

what pisses me off is our team is clearly player for player better than the rags but they seem as they dont want to play for bobby and he as not enough clout to show them who the gaffer is

Schnauzer said:
Kolarov is bone idle and one great chance for a cross - hit the first man. Maico did rock all. If plan b is width - sign a couple of wingers
Mancini doesn't do wingers. Or pace. The dogs in the street know that. No point telling him to sign wingers, therefore.

Andouble said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Oh please.

In reference to any manager we had in charge, not just Mancini.

The argument put forward was that FFPR should make us wary of sacking someone.

As it stands, Chelsea breathing down our necks, still to play us.

The way our team has performed last two games, it is not unreasonable, however, to be concerned about finishing out a season with visits also to Everton, Spuds and United.<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:26 pm --<br /><br />
Andouble said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Oh please.

In reference to any manager we had in charge, not just Mancini.

The argument put forward was that FFPR should make us wary of sacking someone.

As it stands, Chelsea breathing down our necks, still to play us.

The way our team has performed last two games, it is not unreasonable, however, to be concerned about finishing out a season with visits also to Everton, Spuds and United.

Marvin said:
Blue2112 said:
Just a thought but I wonder if Mancini's style of man management came back and bit on his arse tonight. He's publicly slagged off Hart and last week openly criticised Dzeko and Aguero's performance against Liverpool. Lescott and Dzeko have more often than not been given a poor run of games from Mancini and his lack of desire to give Sinclair a chance beggars belief at times. Nasri has been used inconsistently and Silva is often subbed in games. Again Milner dropped following on from his MOTM performance last week. I do wonder if some or all of those players today just thought fuck it we're now expected to perform for him? I wouldn't agree with that mindest but it happens. I also wonder if Mancini himself feels in some way he's had enough following on from the sale of Mario?

-- Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:12 pm --

Just a thought but I wonder if Mancini's style of man management came back and bit on his arse tonight. He's publicly slagged off Hart and last week openly criticised Dzeko and Aguero's performance against Liverpool. Lescott and Dzeko have more often than not been given a poor run of games from Mancini and his lack of desire to give Sinclair a chance beggars belief at times. Nasri has been used inconsistently and Silva is often subbed in games. Again Milner dropped following on from his MOTM performance last week. I do wonder if some or all of those players today just thought fuck it we're now expected to perform for him? I wouldn't agree with that mindest but it happens. I also wonder if Mancini himself feels in some way he's had enough following on from the sale of Mario?
The 1-0 defeat at the Emirates looked like we had given up. Appearances are deceptive. We crumbled but not I feel through lack of effort, or a willingness to play for the manager. It was just too much pressure. We needed the 1st goal and didn't get it and were left chasing the game with time slipping through our fingers

To be honest Marvin this resultperformance has been coming for a while now. We picked up in January and I thought we were well on our way to reaching last seasons form but then we've dipped again these last three games. Whether that was down to the sale of Mario/Roberto's mindset who knows but I can't understand playing Yaya today and not Kolo alongside Garcia. He often goes completely the opposite to what you would think were obvious decisions. Finishing the game today with four full backs on the pitch chasing a game 3-1 behind and yet leaves a natural left winger on the bench. Thats only a small thing but it affects players and other players see it and then when he has a go at them especially in public then it becomes a player v manager scenario (not saying we've reached this stage yet) but it makes you wonder.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Marvin said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Our title GIVEN away yes GIVEN away. Any City fan should be distrought. Travesty
Not really. Utd are just better this season.

But the big question is not whether we are 2nd best, but where we go from here

Bullshit, United just better.

We have not even kept them honest, dropping points against sub-standard opposition like today, Sunderland and Queens Park Rangers.

That's seven points right there, meaning at very least, this supposed mega United team should be no more than two points ahead, even allowing for our defeat against them.

Put in a performance like that at United, though, and they will serve us those six goals back.

I agree Tolmie but alas if Jose or anybody else for that matter took over tomorrow there is no guarantee that this group of players would perform any better.

As you have said some of them have drunk from the well and once is enough.

They may still prove useful additions to another club but they won't be part of another City title whenever that may next be.

I think we know who most of them are and other players like Tevez cannot do what we want him to do anymore.

Wholesale changes given the current wage structure and market value of some of these players to other clubs despite a medal will also make it hard for us to move them on until they come to near the end of their contracts.

I have no doubt some players want out and in some cases if not all it would have little to do with RM.

Unless you are Man U its difficult to make a big fist of the title year in year out and we are no different unless we get much smarter of the field.

Lets hope the new boys now how to adapt to the premier league which is not quite the same as the Barca and Real show with the odd surprise thrown in every couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.