Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mancini out?

Yesterday was shambolic but I'm not sure where I sit re Mancini

If the club do decide to shift him, it has got to be Klopp we get in...... He is a visionary, has modern methods and is doing big things (this weekend's result excepted) with Dortmund...

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
the point was made that Sinclair was a bob signing, no it wasn't!

That's my point. If Sinclair wasn't a Mancini signing you have to ask yourself why even after all of Mancini's whining last summer they still left Marwood in charge.

BillyShears said:
Don't talk through your arse, he identified positions that needing strengthening, Marmite concocted a list and the rest is history, Sinclair is at City for 2 reason, the same 2 reason Rodwell is here, the failure of Mr Marmite to close deals and his relationship with said players agents - FACT

If the owners trust Marwood more than Mancini when it comes to transfers you'll have to ask yourself why. I'm sure there was a prior relationship between Marwood and Rodwell/Sinclair's agent. Just as i'm sure there was a prior relationship between Mancini and Kolarov/Savic's agent.

The role of Marmite is the norm for the modern game, nothing to do with the trust of owners/manager - the point was made that Sinclair was a bob signing, no it wasn't!

And the further point being made was that any manager worth his salt would not accept any player being forced upon him, as you state they were.

They weren't.

Balti said:
I'm not one for snap judgements but based on the evidence of this season as a whole there is a nagging question........has he taken us as far as he is able? He gets another season to answer the question in my book but my confidence is being shaken.

I don't dismiss that argument, but here's my problem with it. Mourinho is available now, and won't be next year. By then, he will undoubtedly have turned up at a direct rival so that door will be forever closed. We could find ourselves in the position of having a dead duck manager by next Christmas, and the outstanding candidate to replace him actually working against us, making the task of his eventual successor even more difficult. Not a smart move imo.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Speaking for myself, the need to change the manager isn't to guarantee us trophies, nobody can do that, not even Mourinho.

It is to guarantee this team and squad continue to move forward, playing a brand of football which is exciting and successful to watch at the same time.

Mancini is culpable in the respect his only answer for improvement lies in spending money on the very best.

He's had that, and yet, like Oliver Twist, he always wants more. He's had numerous transfer windows to assemble this current team.

Those who continue to back Mancini, using the kudos of last season's title, for which they deem him ultimately responsible for, can't now have it both ways.

This is his team, having failed to even reach Valentine's Day to put up a worthy title defence.

Any manager worth his salt would have put the block on the signings made last summer, if people believe they were forced upon him.

He wanted all of them, including Sinclair.

Don't talk through your arse, he identified positions that needing strengthening, Marmite concocted a list and the rest is history, Sinclair is at City for 2 reason, the same 2 reason Rodwell is here, the failure of Mr Marmite to close deals and his relationship with said players agents - FACT

Bollocks, and you know it!

Mancini wanted Rodwell for 18 months and twice made direct enquiries.

Sinclair was talking to Mancini for three weeks prior to his signing. Marwood carried out the board's instructions to the letter.

Maicon - his

Nastasic - his

Garcia - his.

You were in the same state of denial when Hughes was in his final days ;)

I tell you slowly - not in the mood for your bullshit today

Sinclair was vetted by mancini after the player was identified by marwood or am i wrong?

And you start this Hughes bollocks all the time, now stfu theres a good boy!

Owners are really stupid if they keep Mancini and dont back him on the market with Falcao, CR, Hummels and a world class midfielder as well.

Thats the only way for Mancini to be succesful in CL. Probably in PL in the future.

I dont really know by the way what the fuck would he come up with if he would manage team like Spurs what would he say?
We have no chance to finish in top4 as we have to sign more players?

AVB talked about being second or third. Mancini would lower their expectations if he would be there...

Like he did it with City, when he said how far we are in the CL from big teams. He is right tho we are clearly not good to win CL. Part of it because of him too.
But we are not good enough to get out of the groups. And that is totally down to him as we cant compete with squads like Ajax and Napoli.
We have to get world class players to beat them.
Even if they have no players like this maybe only Cavani is truly world class form Ajax&Napoli.

Mancini is a joke of top managers. Get him Falcao, CR, Hummels at others or be happy with CL group performances then EL and 2-3rd place in the league.

Yeah he won the league. How hard it was for him to turn a 5 point lead into an 8 point gap between February and April tho?

He nearly lost us the league.

Back him with 100-200-300m in the summer transfers or fire him.

I am in the keep mancini camp but I think he will walk and I think we should go for Diego Simeone

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Bollocks, and you know it!

Mancini wanted Rodwell for 18 months and twice made direct enquiries.

Sinclair was talking to Mancini for three weeks prior to his signing. Marwood carried out the board's instructions to the letter.

Maicon - his

Nastasic - his

Garcia - his.

You were in the same state of denial when Hughes was in his final days ;)

I tell you slowly - not in the mood for your bullshit today

Sinclair was vetted by mancini after the player was identified by marwood or am i wrong?

And you start this Hughes bollocks all the time, now stfu theres a good boy!

You can wriggle on the hook, split hairs all you want ;), both Rodwell and Sinclair WERE signings sanctioned by Mancini - the man with the final say, having vetted both

Scouts identify the majority of a club's targets, that's what Marwood is, a glorified scout.

So we're in agreement, Mancini's vetting of players last summer was pretty shite!

I'm not about to label him a genius for personally identifying Van Persie, De Rossi and Eden Hazard.

Now go back to counting all your fecking Mario cash!

cookster said:
Nail on head! Can only manage with the largest transfer budget.

Style of play, pace and tempo are set by the manager! We're slower and more predictable than last season.

If you don't have pace, you have to move the ball quickly and we are not doing that.

If you play a possession game, you have to be able to keep it going when opponents press you and we are not doing so.

When you lack pace throughout the team, you remove a whole dimension of play and this has not been addressed in all Bobby's years at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.