Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mancini out?

cookster said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
I tell you slowly - not in the mood for your bullshit today

Sinclair was vetted by mancini after the player was identified by marwood or am i wrong?

And you start this Hughes bollocks all the time, now stfu theres a good boy!

You can wriggle on the hook, split hairs all you want ;), both Rodwell and Sinclair WERE signings sanctioned by Mancini - the man with the final say, having vetted both

Scouts identify the majority of a club's targets, that's what Marwood is, a glorified scout.

So we're in agreement, Mancini's vetting of players last summer was pretty shite!

I'm not about to label him a genius for personally identifying Van Persie, De Rossi and Eden Hazard.

Now go back to counting all your fecking Mario cash!

That's a good point. When was the last time we identified a good signing at a decent price, Komps and Zab?

I'd say Nasty was a snip at £12m and getting rid of Savic.

Clichy, at £7m was a steal - but that was Marwood!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Speaking for myself, the need to change the manager isn't to guarantee us trophies, nobody can do that, not even Mourinho.

It is to guarantee this team and squad continue to move forward, playing a brand of football which is exciting and successful to watch at the same time.

Mancini is culpable in the respect his only answer for improvement lies in spending money on the very best.

He's had that, and yet, like Oliver Twist, he always wants more. He's had numerous transfer windows to assemble this current team.

Those who continue to back Mancini, using the kudos of last season's title, for which they deem him ultimately responsible for, can't now have it both ways.

This is his team, having failed to even reach Valentine's Day to put up a worthy title defence.

Any manager worth his salt would have put the block on the signings made last summer, if people believe they were forced upon him.

He wanted all of them, including Sinclair.

Don't talk through your arse, he identified positions that needing strengthening, Marmite concocted a list and the rest is history, Sinclair is at City for 2 reason, the same 2 reason Rodwell is here, the failure of Mr Marmite to close deals and his relationship with said players agents - FACT

Bollocks, and you know it!

Mancini wanted Rodwell for 18 months and twice made direct enquiries.

Sinclair was talking to Mancini for three weeks prior to his signing. Marwood carried out the board's instructions to the letter.

Maicon - his

Nastasic - his

Garcia - his.

You were in the same state of denial when Hughes was in his final days ;)
To suggest that marwood is to blame for those signings is ludicrous mancini gave the go ahead for them to be signed!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Any truth in the moyes rumour

Please God no. Don't want that Scottish bitter twat anywhere near our club. We need a high profile manager who has contacts all over Europe and one the players want to play for.

yatesy94 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Any truth in the moyes rumour

Please God no. Don't want that Scottish bitter twat anywhere near our club. We need a high profile manager who has contacts all over Europe and one the players want to play for.

Don't think Moyes could cope with have loads of cash to spend, he motivates no marks pretty well. Will be totally out of his depth with grade A players

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
OB1 said:
cookster said:
That's a good point. When was the last time we identified a good signing at a decent price, Komps and Zab?

Clichy.

i still think we got a bargain with Yaya Silva and Aguero aswell,

Clichy I'll give you, the others I think we got because we paid more than anyone else was prepared to pay (wages, fee)

Although there's no harm in a discussion, I believe it matters not a jot what we think about Mancini, as the owners will make their own decisions based on their business model for the club and I'm sure they can see we have stalled and are not improving in certain areas and possible revenue streams have come and gone. They will act I'm sure and Mancini will be sent packing with a fat wallet and our thanks.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueinsa said:
BillyShears said:
That's almost an admission that you're having doubts about your beloved Mancini ... :)

The reality of our situation is slowly but surely beginning to dawn on many that have (rightly in their own minds) backed Bob so vehemently.

My issue was never their backing of the man, it was a misguided belief that he was our "Fergie" and that he would be around for the next 20 years, even after his own admittance of touting himself around half of Europe looking for his next job.

He has done his bit, very well i might add and he has brought us a cup and title for which i will always be grateful but we cant just sit back, bask in their glory and say job done.

We move forward and onto the next level and for that, we need an upgrade in manager in the same way we will need to upgrade our players.

Yours was a brilliant point about the mental aspect of our progression.

United needed a surge of momentum after last season and Van Persie gave them that, allied to Ferguson's desire and man-management.

I got a bit of stick the other months by saying the manager and some of our players, certainly those who feel they might be moving on in the summer, had mentally checked out.

Players coast if you allow them to, more so, if they don't respect or fear the manager, for whatever reason.

Mancini, like some member of the squad, believe they have already delivered their mandate, done us a favour, because we have been shite for so long.

There's only so many top players you can buy, it then comes down to the manager, what he instills, his values, they need to be a mirror image of himself.

Winning a title, whilst an amazing feat, does not install a 'culture of winning'
That takes time and maybe a new manager or maybe unconditional support for the man in post. He may have sanctioned the transfers of sinclair/rodwell but I am betting hard dollar they were not his top choices. He did make an interesting point about the inflation of prices for players targeted by City and how hard it has been for us to get value in the market. For me yesterday was a very poor day at the office all round, team and manager. If we do not see a significant response fro the whole team I suspect he'll be on his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.