Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mancini out?

tonycunninghamsbonce said:
Stop arguing guys, the last 3 performances suggest 2or3 could do with a break, albeit for a couple of games, including joe. I support bobby but need to see a bit more urgency from the team on the pitch, can't think why we seem lethargic and lacking concentration during games, can only hope all is well behind the scenes.
A bit? That's understating it. They were bloody comatose yesterday.

Skashion said:
BillyShears said:
Not as fast as some of you lot have sold your souls to suck a charlatan's tit.
You know it's funny BS. Apparently the sell outs are the people backing the manager, but if we tried that shit with you, and I never have, you'd pull out the old 'oh so I'm not allowed to have a different opinion now, eh happy clapper?' What gives. Either we respect the idea that blues can have different opinions or we don't. You can't claim one side has to respect your views but the other side have 'sold your souls to suck a charlatan's tit'.

Skashion said:
BillyShears said:
You know it's funny BS. Apparently the sell outs are the people backing the manager, but if we tried that shit with you, and I never have, you'd pull out the old 'oh so I'm not allowed to have a different opinion now, eh happy clapper?' What gives. Either we respect the idea that blues can have different opinions or we don't. You can't claim one side has to respect your views but the other side have 'sold your souls to suck a charlatan's tit'.

Does that make me a hypocrite ... ? Well at least I'm in very good company.

Stood in The South Stand said:
NipHolmes said:
Danamy said:
Don't worry Billy he'll fix it, as he keeps telling us

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-know-the-problem-says-manchester-799719" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ter-799719</a>

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini admitted Joe Hart had saved his side in the 1-1 Champions League draw with Borussia Dortmund - and said the Blues need to fight harder for success against Europe's best.

Marco Reus scored for the visitors after a slack pass from Jack Rodwell before substitute Mario Balotelli's late penalty levelled the score. Blues keeper Hart made a string of world class saves throughout the game.

"I think that Joe saved us. He did very, very well," Mancini said.

"Today we deserved to conceded three or four goals. We didn't play well.

"We didn't play well because Borussia Dortmund played better than us.

"They probably at this moment are a better team than us. If we want to play in the Champions League we have to play better than tonight.

"We have to run and fight. It's not enough to just pass. Champions League is another situation - different from the championship.

"We have to run and fight. It's not enough to just have quality."

Mancini admitted his frustration as City remained without a clean sheet this season, but the Italian revealed he had identified the reason for his side's poor defensive performance tonight as they were over-run by Dortmund's fleet-footed young stars.

"We did a lot of mistakes. It was very strange for us," he said.

"I know the problem and I will resolve very quickly this problem."

Asked what the problem was, he added: "It is my problem. It is my job. I understand the problem and I will resolve (it) very quickly."

City's penalty lifeline came after Dortmund defender Neven Subotic saw Sergio Aguero kick the ball on to his hand at close quarters, a decision Mancini agreed could have gone either way.

"He touched the ball with his hand. He was unlucky," he said.

"It could be maybe not, but I'm happy with the penalty.

"I think in the end this point could be important."

---

The problem is YOU Mancini, YOU. You failed in Europe at Inter and you've failed here, our football resembles 10/11 rather than 11/12. You're taking our team back.

You 'knew the problem' yet still haven't resolved it. The championship is supposedly different? The same problems exist there, even Stevie Wonder can see that.
Had enough, GO!

You along with half the people on this thread are a disgrace to the club and a bunch of spoilt bastards. Every bad performance our players have and you call for the manager's head less than a year after the best season we've ever had. I suggest you fucking go.

I can't believe you think people make their minds up on 1 game.

I've made my decision last season, if not the season before. That didn't stop me hoping mancini would win the cup or the league with us, far from it I wished him well. Not for Bob's sake but for city.

I could sit and type page after page of reasons why I think what I think about bob, his man management, his tactics and team selections.

So no it's not a knee-jerk reaction, but it is now time to say what I genuinely think after lots of consideration.

It's time he changed the teams tactic to give our strikers the chance to look like the players they were at the beginning and towards the end of last year. This year the service they've had has been dire.

I think his own stubbornness will be his undoing and if he can't get this squad to perform he needs to go.

BillyShears said:
Skashion said:
BillyShears said:

With your history of backing the wrong manager and wrong players i'm impressed you have managed to keep this overwhelming confidence in your own opinion.

BillyShears said:
If you want to call another blue's opinion idiotic, stupid etc. I think that's also fine. I do it all the time, done it today in fact. What we should not do, is question credentials without good reason. I've seen you go mental at people for claiming you're not a real City fan for some things you've said, and good on you. I don't like Didsbury Dave and I'm indifferent towards you but I've never claimed that I'm a better blue than you. I would never say you've sold your souls because of the opinions you two hold.

General's Head

It is widely understood that it requires a skilled and dedicated multidiscipinary team in any sports business or club to acheive success both fiscally and the real business, which is on the pitch. However I believe that the most important factor that determine success in all tasks, challenges, conflicts from a blackburn vs qpr match to the battle of stalingrad, is the attitude, moral and character of the frontline soldiers, in this context, footballers on the pitch.

The managers and other members of staff have a vital role to play in motivating these soldiers and creating the best conditions for success and they should be held accountable for failures but too often they are the ones that pay the ultimate price, almost like the russian generals duiring the war.

Mancini and his staff may have many flaws but as i have stressed a number of times, Manchester City is in a very precarious and fragile situation and it is profoundly difficult to be a manager in such times. In light of everything, I believe he has overcome a lot and have done a great job over the past 3 years.

The time have come when we hold the players accountable for their uninspiring and lacklustre performances. They should be able to understand their responsibility and obligations to give 100% as they are not playing for manager or his staff, they are actually playing for her (Manchester City) and her fans.

Players should stop acting like puns in a chess game or toys, seemingly bereft of control of their actions but as professional men who takes pride in doing their jobs to the best of their abilities regardless of the circumstances and envioronment they find themselves.

People are calling for the generals head but what about the soldiers misfiring the guns on the frontline.

Just checked out the ferran and cheeky thread, I feel any decision on bob will be theirs and not the chairmans. Where's the hunger to retain our title, it's like last year on our epic defence of the fa cup.

r.soleofsalford said:
Stood in The South Stand said:
NipHolmes said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-know-the-problem-says-manchester-799719" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ter-799719</a>

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini admitted Joe Hart had saved his side in the 1-1 Champions League draw with Borussia Dortmund - and said the Blues need to fight harder for success against Europe's best.

Marco Reus scored for the visitors after a slack pass from Jack Rodwell before substitute Mario Balotelli's late penalty levelled the score. Blues keeper Hart made a string of world class saves throughout the game.

"I think that Joe saved us. He did very, very well," Mancini said.

"Today we deserved to conceded three or four goals. We didn't play well.

"We didn't play well because Borussia Dortmund played better than us.

"They probably at this moment are a better team than us. If we want to play in the Champions League we have to play better than tonight.

"We have to run and fight. It's not enough to just pass. Champions League is another situation - different from the championship.

"We have to run and fight. It's not enough to just have quality."

Mancini admitted his frustration as City remained without a clean sheet this season, but the Italian revealed he had identified the reason for his side's poor defensive performance tonight as they were over-run by Dortmund's fleet-footed young stars.

"We did a lot of mistakes. It was very strange for us," he said.

"I know the problem and I will resolve very quickly this problem."

Asked what the problem was, he added: "It is my problem. It is my job. I understand the problem and I will resolve (it) very quickly."

City's penalty lifeline came after Dortmund defender Neven Subotic saw Sergio Aguero kick the ball on to his hand at close quarters, a decision Mancini agreed could have gone either way.

"He touched the ball with his hand. He was unlucky," he said.

"It could be maybe not, but I'm happy with the penalty.

"I think in the end this point could be important."

---

The problem is YOU Mancini, YOU. You failed in Europe at Inter and you've failed here, our football resembles 10/11 rather than 11/12. You're taking our team back.

You 'knew the problem' yet still haven't resolved it. The championship is supposedly different? The same problems exist there, even Stevie Wonder can see that.
Had enough, GO!

You along with half the people on this thread are a disgrace to the club and a bunch of spoilt bastards. Every bad performance our players have and you call for the manager's head less than a year after the best season we've ever had. I suggest you fucking go.

I can't believe you think people make their minds up on 1 game.

I've made my decision last season, if not the season before. That didn't stop me hoping mancini would win the cup or the league with us, far from it I wished him well. Not for Bob's sake but for city.

I could sit and type page after page of reasons why I think what I think about bob, his man management, his tactics and team selections.

So no it's not a knee-jerk reaction, but it is now time to say what I genuinely think after lots of consideration.

It's time he changed the teams tactic to give our strikers the chance to look like the players they were at the beginning and towards the end of last year. This year the service they've had has been dire.

I think his own stubbornness will be his undoing and if he can't get this squad to perform he needs to go.
Does he have the tools to compete for the title this season?

Against Southampton we ended up taking Silva off and playing down the flanks because Dzeko was the only player who looked like scoring

Without a fit Tevez, Aguero is lost. Dzeko is like Shearer but he needs direct football to thrive. We've lost Balotelli, Tevez and AJ from last season's run-in and Utd have strengthened and at the moment we lack belief in what we are doing

Easy to blame the manager, but I think he has an impossible job and is paying the price for mistakes which others have made. We should have spent £30m on one or two top quality additions / replacements for the departing players, instead of £50m on good players who add nothing to what we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.