Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: was I the only one..

Cheesy said:
Am I the only one.....

Who sees a positive in us not defending our title this season in that it will mean that some of our newer 'fans' will fuck off?

Now THAT is a real positive.

Re: Mancini out?

I think i'm in this camp pretty much now.

We're not moving forward at all. We're still struggling to break teams down, we still play at too slow a tempo, we failed just as badly in the Champions League, if not worse considering we could quite easily have been embarrassed by all 3 teams. We went out of the Capital One Cup to a team who couldn't beat Bradford City over 2 legs.

We've probably played 'well' on about half a dozen occasions this season.

The signings we've made have been fairly disastrous - with the exception of Nastasic.

Garcia looks awful. We've paid in excess of £15m for someone who is merely 'good in the air'. He can't really pass with any pace or conviction. He isn't a great reader of the game, he's about as mobile as Joleon Lescott with Gareth Barry on his back. The only thing remotely Spanish about him is his name.

Rodwell has been a waste. Nearly every time he has played he has cost us a goal. He's spent the rest of the time injured.

Sinclair just hasn't been given a chance, but then again he was brought in to replace a player who didn't really get many games himself. Still, Sinclair seems our only option, if we've brought the maximum number of full backs on, and we're still chasing a game.

Maicon. He basically can't run. Good crosser, but again, injured nearly all the time.

Meanwhile, the team who beat us to the title on goal difference go and sign the best forward in the league

I've been a staunch Mancini supporter but that performance yesterday was reminiscent of Sven's last game in charge. I think Mancini already knows and so do the players.

CC1 said:
NipHolmes said:
Stood in The South Stand said:
You along with half the people on this thread are a disgrace to the club and a bunch of spoilt bastards. Every bad performance our players have and you call for the manager's head less than a year after the best season we've ever had. I suggest you fucking go.

Bollocks.

Read my posts, I called this in the summer and throughout this season.

I don't mind a loss here and there but gaining one point vs Ajax over 2 legs, getting 1 point from QPR and Southampton as well as looking absolutely shite in the process.

OK. If you believe in balanced arguments, are there any good results you could point to over the period since 'we gained one point vs Ajax over 2 legs'.

Few hence why we look crap. We've had about 4 games all season where I thought we played good football.

One thing I worry about is the Tevez debacle, I do wonder if Mancini exaggerated and lied a bit and it's come back to bite him. I know Tevez went awol but that and the slating of players publicly may have achieved some resentment towards him?

If you make unpopular decisions but win then players will believe in the manager, when we don't win its hard to keep players onside and believing. I do suspect and element of mistrust has entered ranks. With players who've won things elsewhere and had great coaches they have the ability to compare and contrast, be it training or tactics. I wonder if some players just stare bemused at the fact Silva is wasted out wide. If he was at Madrid he'd have Ronaldo to his left and Di Maria to his right, if he was at United he'd have Young to his left and Valancia to his right, if he was at Bayern he'd have Ribery to his left and Robben to his right. Mancini doesn't do winger, why the fuck not!

NipHolmes said:
MaineRoad4696 said:
1. Fed up with all this Mancini out crap, when there is not one manager better available who would actually realistically come to this club. Txiki and Soriano cannot stand Mourinho so there is no chance of him coming to city. There is also zero chance Jürgen Klopp leaving Dortmund. So who does that leave who is a better option than Mancini?

2. Some people on here saying Mancini is an average coach is absolute bull.
Fiorentina
Coppa Italia: 2000–01
Lazio
Coppa Italia: 2003–04
Internazionale
Serie A: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08
Coppa Italia: 2004–05, 2005–06
Supercoppa Italiana: 2005, 2006
Manchester City
Premier League: 2011–12
FA Cup: 2010–11
FA Community Shield: 2012
That's not a bad record, Considering the majority of people on here believe they could do a better job than him.

3. To all those ranting on a club forum being negative, stop feeling sorry for yourselves have a laugh and move on. We're city supporters, the supporters who no matter what will stick by their team, have a laugh and not be bitter after defeat. We use to laugh at the over-dramatic reaction of united fans after they lost a game, well i'm afraid that allot of you have turned in to them. Negativity and Ranting will get you nowhere, what will you get out of it, an official response from the club? No. So move on.

How did he do in Europe with Inter and with us?

Compare it with Jose!

We are after the best hence why we fucked off Adebayor and got the likes of Silva. We just need to move the manager and go for the best.

It's no over-reaction really, if we were 2nd and 9 (12 maybe) points down but looking like we were forming into a strong outfit I wouldn't want him gone but the fact he still has no partnerships up top and fails to get the best out of our players is why he want's shifting.
He got the best out of the players last season

This season he has no forwards to work with. What's he supposed to do? magic one up

He will go now I think, but I don't look forward to the future. I believe the best times have already gone and that our best chance is for Mancini to perform a 2nd miracle and put us back on track. If he does that he will be untouchable and rightly so

NipHolmes said:
CC1 said:
NipHolmes said:
Bollocks.

Read my posts, I called this in the summer and throughout this season.

I don't mind a loss here and there but gaining one point vs Ajax over 2 legs, getting 1 point from QPR and Southampton as well as looking absolutely shite in the process.

OK. If you believe in balanced arguments, are there any good results you could point to over the period since 'we gained one point vs Ajax over 2 legs'.

Few hence why we look crap. We've had about 4 games all season where I thought we played good football.

One thing I worry about is the Tevez debacle, I do wonder if Mancini exaggerated and lied a bit and it's come back to bite him. I know Tevez went awol but that and the slating of players publicly may have achieved some resentment towards him?

If you make unpopular decisions but win then players will believe in the manager, when we don't win its hard to keep players onside and believing. I do suspect and element of mistrust has entered ranks. With players who've won things elsewhere and had great coaches they have the ability to compare and contrast, be it training or tactics. I wonder if some players just stare bemused at the fact Silva is wasted out wide. If he was at Madrid he'd have Ronaldo to his left and Di Maria to his right, if he was at United he'd have Young to his left and Valancia to his right, if he was at Bayern he'd have Ribery to his left and Robben to his right. Mancini doesn't do winger, why the fuck not!

Last time I looked, we were still second - how do you account for that

C.MR said:
robbieh said:
I am a Mancini fan but I imagine if we continue like this in the PL and don't win the cup he will probably be relieved of his duties.

What I am curious about is who will come in. Mourinho will be available but might prefer Chelsea. In addition there is an awful lot of baggage that comes with him and he may not fit in with the long term policy.

I have said it before that Laudrup would be great. He did good work in Spain before coming here and his reputation is growing by the week. Apparently in the frame for Madrid job.

He would have the respect of the players as he was one of the all time greats.

Good shout. But not to sure if he would be great with the players, he was under quite a bit of scrutiny from the Swansea players when he first joined PLUS he would be a big risk if we are serious about going on to the next level

To be honest so would almost anyone bar JM.

The other thing is I'd like a manager to make his name with us. Mou, Ancelotti, Guardiola will forever be linked in the memory with Chelsea, AC Milan and Barca respectively.

Marvin said:
This season he has no forwards to work with. What's he supposed to do? magic one up
Up until Balo left he could choose from Sergio, Dzeko, Tevez and Balo.
Not firing I agee but to say he has had no choice is just daft.

ono said:
I think i'm in this camp pretty much now.

We're not moving forward at all. We're still struggling to break teams down, we still play at too slow a tempo, we failed just as badly in the Champions League, if not worse considering we could quite easily have been embarrassed by all 3 teams. We went out of the Capital One Cup to a team who couldn't beat Bradford City over 2 legs.

We've probably played 'well' on about half a dozen occasions this season.

The signings we've made have been fairly disastrous - with the exception of Nastasic.

Garcia looks awful. We've paid in excess of £15m for someone who is merely 'good in the air'. He can't really pass with any pace or conviction. He isn't a great reader of the game, he's about as mobile as Joleon Lescott with Gareth Barry on his back. The only thing remotely Spanish about him is his name.

Rodwell has been a waste. Nearly every time he has played he has cost us a goal. He's spent the rest of the time injured.

Sinclair just hasn't been given a chance, but then again he was brought in to replace a player who didn't really get many games himself. Still, Sinclair seems our only option, if we've brought the maximum number of full backs on, and we're still chasing a game.

Maicon. He basically can't run. Good crosser, but again, injured nearly all the time.

Meanwhile, the team who beat us to the title on goal difference go and sign the best forward in the league

Called all that in the summer and was drilled for it.

Garcia was made to look good by Witsel.

Maicon was over the hill and on the decline for last 2 seasons. Rodwell and Sinclair are 'working progresses' when was was needed was immediate impact.

Only thing positive is that Nasty has been sensational!

I'd sell Sinclair, Maicon and Garcia in the summer. Replace with Defaloue (sp) and Song from Barca (fringe player and cost the same as we paid for Garcia, he can tackle and assist from 30-40 yards instead of safe sideway passing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.