Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mancini out?

Some posters earlier here gave Laudrup a shout which I think is a brilliant shout.He knows the transfer Market,Can play attacking stylish football and has good Man Management skills.

MaineRoad4696 said:
1. Fed up with all this Mancini out crap, when there is not one manager better available who would actually realistically come to this club. Txiki and Soriano cannot stand Mourinho so there is no chance of him coming to city. There is also zero chance Jürgen Klopp leaving Dortmund. So who does that leave who is a better option than Mancini?

2. Some people on here saying Mancini is an average coach is absolute bull.
Fiorentina
Coppa Italia: 2000–01
Lazio
Coppa Italia: 2003–04
Internazionale
Serie A: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08
Coppa Italia: 2004–05, 2005–06
Supercoppa Italiana: 2005, 2006
Manchester City
Premier League: 2011–12
FA Cup: 2010–11
FA Community Shield: 2012
That's not a bad record, Considering the majority of people on here believe they could do a better job than him.

3. To all those ranting on a club forum being negative, stop feeling sorry for yourselves have a laugh and move on. We're city supporters, the supporters who no matter what will stick by their team, have a laugh and not be bitter after defeat. We use to laugh at the over-dramatic reaction of united fans after they lost a game, well i'm afraid that allot of you have turned in to them. Negativity and Ranting will get you nowhere, what will you get out of it, an official response from the club? No. So move on.

How did he do in Europe with Inter and with us?

Compare it with Jose!

We are after the best hence why we fucked off Adebayor and got the likes of Silva. We just need to move the manager and go for the best.

It's no over-reaction really, if we were 2nd and 9 (12 maybe) points down but looking like we were forming into a strong outfit I wouldn't want him gone but the fact he still has no partnerships up top and fails to get the best out of our players is why he want's shifting.

Moody said:
Some of the mancini lovers need to realise we owe him nothing we support the club not the mancini show! It's the owner who made this all possible it's to him we owe everything for making us the force we are! Managers come and go and it's time mancini got his p45 underachieved big time at city only just won the league after khaldoon delivered some of the best players in the world to the squad! Mancini always has excuses we need more signings more forwards etc how about we need a manager with great tactical knowledge who gets the best out of his players. And for that he fails in every aspect! He has to go based on the champions league performances. I'm grateful to him but my loyalty is to city and we need a manager to take us to the next level and that quite simply put is not mancini!
Winning the League is a lot more than signing the best players. See examples of Hughes at City and Mourinho at Real Madrid this season

mancini managed the City players fantastically last season through a very difficult Spring where it looked like we had thrown the title.

You look at the team now, we don't have the players because Tevez has declined so much and Balotelli has gone. We are now left with 2 strikers who can't play togther. That's a pretty fundamental problem.

I think the club had all the warning we need last Summer of the unreliability of Tevez and Balotelli. They should have been sold and replaced

NipHolmes said:
Stood in The South Stand said:
NipHolmes said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-know-the-problem-says-manchester-799719" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ter-799719</a>

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini admitted Joe Hart had saved his side in the 1-1 Champions League draw with Borussia Dortmund - and said the Blues need to fight harder for success against Europe's best.

Marco Reus scored for the visitors after a slack pass from Jack Rodwell before substitute Mario Balotelli's late penalty levelled the score. Blues keeper Hart made a string of world class saves throughout the game.

"I think that Joe saved us. He did very, very well," Mancini said.

"Today we deserved to conceded three or four goals. We didn't play well.

"We didn't play well because Borussia Dortmund played better than us.

"They probably at this moment are a better team than us. If we want to play in the Champions League we have to play better than tonight.

"We have to run and fight. It's not enough to just pass. Champions League is another situation - different from the championship.

"We have to run and fight. It's not enough to just have quality."

Mancini admitted his frustration as City remained without a clean sheet this season, but the Italian revealed he had identified the reason for his side's poor defensive performance tonight as they were over-run by Dortmund's fleet-footed young stars.

"We did a lot of mistakes. It was very strange for us," he said.

"I know the problem and I will resolve very quickly this problem."

Asked what the problem was, he added: "It is my problem. It is my job. I understand the problem and I will resolve (it) very quickly."

City's penalty lifeline came after Dortmund defender Neven Subotic saw Sergio Aguero kick the ball on to his hand at close quarters, a decision Mancini agreed could have gone either way.

"He touched the ball with his hand. He was unlucky," he said.

"It could be maybe not, but I'm happy with the penalty.

"I think in the end this point could be important."

---

The problem is YOU Mancini, YOU. You failed in Europe at Inter and you've failed here, our football resembles 10/11 rather than 11/12. You're taking our team back.

You 'knew the problem' yet still haven't resolved it. The championship is supposedly different? The same problems exist there, even Stevie Wonder can see that.
Had enough, GO!

You along with half the people on this thread are a disgrace to the club and a bunch of spoilt bastards. Every bad performance our players have and you call for the manager's head less than a year after the best season we've ever had. I suggest you fucking go.

Bollocks.

Read my posts, I called this in the summer and throughout this season.

I don't mind a loss here and there but gaining one point vs Ajax over 2 legs, getting 1 point from QPR and Southampton as well as looking absolutely shite in the process.

OK. If you believe in balanced arguments, are there any good results you could point to over the period since 'we gained one point vs Ajax over 2 legs'.

Unfortunately I think Mancini has hit a brick wall and can't get around it . I don't really want him to go but I think he's lost the respect from the players and he doesn't seem to know how to change a game now many teams know how to play against us . Unfortunately the rags are still respected and feared by opposition which is why they get the wins. I think teams see us as having weaknesses and really believe they can get the win from us .

I think the only way around this is for big changes next season and I think one of those changes will be Mancini . If our current form doesn't improve dramatically he will be gone .

Dont know what will happen in the summer.

Not even sure what would be the best.

Only two things:

That 5 year contract would look uttlery stupid if we fire Mancini. And whoever handed that contract out to him...

On the other side Mancini has to find very good explanation for huge failure in the CL even vs teams like Ajax, the early exit in Carling Cup, and this worse and worse title defence apart from not being able to sign RVP, Agger, Hazard and co blaming Marwood who probably did what he was asked by the owners. (Even if he was a coward most of the times in negotiating fees etc.)

Not having Hazard top of Nasri, not having RVP on top of Dzeko/Balo, not having Agger on top of Lescott, Kolo, Kompany cant be the reason of us not beating teams like QPR, WHU, Soton, Sunderland away from home.

Or playing 7-8 matches in this season so far vs. Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, MU, Chelsea and win only once comfortably vs Arsenal thans to their red card in 10th minute.

Mancini has to answer for this and he has to have a good excuse. Not having those extra expensive signings cant be one.

robbieh said:
I am a Mancini fan but I imagine if we continue like this in the PL and don't win the cup he will probably be relieved of his duties.

What I am curious about is who will come in. Mourinho will be available but might prefer Chelsea. In addition there is an awful lot of baggage that comes with him and he may not fit in with the long term policy.

I have said it before that Laudrup would be great. He did good work in Spain before coming here and his reputation is growing by the week. Apparently in the frame for Madrid job.

He would have the respect of the players as he was one of the all time greats.

Good shout. But not to sure if he would be great with the players, he was under quite a bit of scrutiny from the Swansea players when he first joined PLUS he would be a big risk if we are serious about going on to the next level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.