Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: was I the only one..

mancityvstoke said:
so it wasn't anything to do with Southampton playing well at home?

Nah had nothing to do with them playing out of their skins. Fair play to them 3-1 flattered us. We had no answer against an extremely fit young side who had incredible hunger to not let us settle into any kind of rhythm. Slight tongue in cheek but it reminded me of the dortmund home game where they were first to the ball and played a high pressure game. Must say though that spell of possession at the end with the ole's was so humiliating to see.

Re: Mancini out?

CC1 said:
NipHolmes said:
CC1 said:
OK. If you believe in balanced arguments, are there any good results you could point to over the period since 'we gained one point vs Ajax over 2 legs'.

Few hence why we look crap. We've had about 4 games all season where I thought we played good football.

One thing I worry about is the Tevez debacle, I do wonder if Mancini exaggerated and lied a bit and it's come back to bite him. I know Tevez went awol but that and the slating of players publicly may have achieved some resentment towards him?

If you make unpopular decisions but win then players will believe in the manager, when we don't win its hard to keep players onside and believing. I do suspect and element of mistrust has entered ranks. With players who've won things elsewhere and had great coaches they have the ability to compare and contrast, be it training or tactics. I wonder if some players just stare bemused at the fact Silva is wasted out wide. If he was at Madrid he'd have Ronaldo to his left and Di Maria to his right, if he was at United he'd have Young to his left and Valancia to his right, if he was at Bayern he'd have Ribery to his left and Robben to his right. Mancini doesn't do winger, why the fuck not!

Last time I looked, we were still second - how do you account for that

Tell me why Tevez didn't play if you're so knowledgable please

A manager can only prepare the players ! The moment they get on the pitch it's up to them ? We had countless internationals on the pitch if they can't work it out for themselfs it's god help us all they had a bad day and Southampton played well.He had nothing to work with on the bench the sale of top players saw to that sometimes players have to hold thare hands up and say we were crap !!!

CC1 said:
NipHolmes said:
CC1 said:
OK. If you believe in balanced arguments, are there any good results you could point to over the period since 'we gained one point vs Ajax over 2 legs'.

Few hence why we look crap. We've had about 4 games all season where I thought we played good football.

One thing I worry about is the Tevez debacle, I do wonder if Mancini exaggerated and lied a bit and it's come back to bite him. I know Tevez went awol but that and the slating of players publicly may have achieved some resentment towards him?

If you make unpopular decisions but win then players will believe in the manager, when we don't win its hard to keep players onside and believing. I do suspect and element of mistrust has entered ranks. With players who've won things elsewhere and had great coaches they have the ability to compare and contrast, be it training or tactics. I wonder if some players just stare bemused at the fact Silva is wasted out wide. If he was at Madrid he'd have Ronaldo to his left and Di Maria to his right, if he was at United he'd have Young to his left and Valancia to his right, if he was at Bayern he'd have Ribery to his left and Robben to his right. Mancini doesn't do winger, why the fuck not!

Last time I looked, we were still second - how do you account for that

The players we have are quality that's why, also take into account that Arsenal sold RVP and Song and Chelsea have sacked a manager and replaced with a clown whilst also bedding in new players.

The way it's going I'd be happy to finish second. Now if you said at start of season that we'd crash out of Europe behind Ajax, would trail United 12 points (possibly later) by mid feb and would only have the FA Cup to look forward to, what would you have said?

Hamann Pineapple said:
I've been a staunch Mancini supporter but that performance yesterday was reminiscent of Sven's last game in charge. I think Mancini already knows and so do the players.

Same here. I've been a Mancini backer but yesterday was abysmal. The total lack of cohesion, passion, focus, or ideas is a symptom of something being very wrong in the dressing room.
This performance has been coming, we've rarely played well this season and haven't got anywhere near the highs of last.
I don't know what will happen with the manager, I'm not sure if I want Mancini out or who I would bring in, realistically. But whatever the problem is, and there is problem, it needs sorting.

ono said:
I think i'm in this camp pretty much now.

We're not moving forward at all. We're still struggling to break teams down, we still play at too slow a tempo, we failed just as badly in the Champions League, if not worse considering we could quite easily have been embarrassed by all 3 teams. We went out of the Capital One Cup to a team who couldn't beat Bradford City over 2 legs.

We've probably played 'well' on about half a dozen occasions this season.

The signings we've made have been fairly disastrous - with the exception of Nastasic.

Garcia looks awful. We've paid in excess of £15m for someone who is merely 'good in the air'. He can't really pass with any pace or conviction. He isn't a great reader of the game, he's about as mobile as Joleon Lescott with Gareth Barry on his back. The only thing remotely Spanish about him is his name.

Rodwell has been a waste. Nearly every time he has played he has cost us a goal. He's spent the rest of the time injured.

Sinclair just hasn't been given a chance, but then again he was brought in to replace a player who didn't really get many games himself. Still, Sinclair seems our only option, if we've brought the maximum number of full backs on, and we're still chasing a game.

Maicon. He basically can't run. Good crosser, but again, injured nearly all the time.

Meanwhile, the team who beat us to the title on goal difference go and sign the best forward in the league

Good post that 'ono' .....

can't really disagree with anything there , to be fair ....

you might want to slightly 'adjust' that last line though !

Blue Tooth said:
Marvin said:
This season he has no forwards to work with. What's he supposed to do? magic one up
Up until Balo left he could choose from Sergio, Dzeko, Tevez and Balo.
Not firing I agee but to say he has had no choice is just daft.
But Dzeko never combines with Aguero the way Tevez does, and Tevez is so off form that he would not get in QPR's forward line

Balotelli for some reason we would not play. I'd have made him my No. 1 striker and played around him, but maybe he was not up for it

Whatever the reasons, or forwards are not functional and do not play together. Only Tevez and Aguero have ever worked and as I said, tevez is absolutely useless at the moment.

Wenger, Klopp, Simone, Martinez or Laudrup.

Take your pick.

They would all be getting more out of our squad.

They wouldn't be afraid to look at Academy players instead of buying players like Maicon and Sinclair.

And they would all comand the respect of our squad.

SergioInAddedTime said:
That expected to wake up to the news that Mancini was fired? He cant even motivate the players anymore, he needs to fucking go.

No you're not the only one as I am sure there is at least one more person with a view as dim as this.

BlueHalli said:
Unfortunately I think Mancini has hit a brick wall and can't get around it . I don't really want him to go but I think he's lost the respect from the players and he doesn't seem to know how to change a game now many teams know how to play against us . Unfortunately the rags are still respected and feared by opposition which is why they get the wins. I think teams see us as having weaknesses and really believe they can get the win from us .

I think the only way around this is for big changes next season and I think one of those changes will be Mancini . If our current form doesn't improve dramatically he will be gone .

You may well be right. Winning the league last year was great and we played a lot of fabulous football but we made harder work of the job than it should have been.

Our squad has plenty of faults, including a lack of pace and balance (as in the mix of players), but it is still the strongest squad IMO in the league. The current squad reflects in part the journey that we are on but also some pretty poor transfer choices and I do not believe that you can exonerate Bobby from all the transfer issues or failure to address faults in the squad.

You certainly can't exonerate Bobby from the presiding over a team that has been less effective and less entertaining to watch. They've been a massive disappointment to me this season.

I think some big changes are needed in the summer and I hope the club has the balls to put in the money required to make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.