Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mancini out?

Marvin said:
Moody said:
Some of the mancini lovers need to realise we owe him nothing we support the club not the mancini show! It's the owner who made this all possible it's to him we owe everything for making us the force we are! Managers come and go and it's time mancini got his p45 underachieved big time at city only just won the league after khaldoon delivered some of the best players in the world to the squad! Mancini always has excuses we need more signings more forwards etc how about we need a manager with great tactical knowledge who gets the best out of his players. And for that he fails in every aspect! He has to go based on the champions league performances. I'm grateful to him but my loyalty is to city and we need a manager to take us to the next level and that quite simply put is not mancini!
Winning the League is a lot more than signing the best players. See examples of Hughes at City and Mourinho at Real Madrid this season

mancini managed the City players fantastically last season through a very difficult Spring where it looked like we had thrown the title.

You look at the team now, we don't have the players because Tevez has declined so much and Balotelli has gone. We are now left with 2 strikers who can't play togther. That's a pretty fundamental problem.

I think the club had all the warning we need last Summer of the unreliability of Tevez and Balotelli. They should have been sold and replaced

i agree with some of your points there but how many times have we looked jaded and out of ideas this season against lesser teams who sit back, this is where mancini has failed with his tactics and no plan b. our forwards struggle to score because of the way he has us play and them feeding off scraps and coming short for the ball. not because they're on the decline the club can't keep going out spending millions untill the manager gets it right! he has been found out in my eyes and has no answer to the problem even though he said he knows what the problem is and will fix it well clearly not!

Seosa said:
CC1 said:
NipHolmes said:
Few hence why we look crap. We've had about 4 games all season where I thought we played good football.

One thing I worry about is the Tevez debacle, I do wonder if Mancini exaggerated and lied a bit and it's come back to bite him. I know Tevez went awol but that and the slating of players publicly may have achieved some resentment towards him?

If you make unpopular decisions but win then players will believe in the manager, when we don't win its hard to keep players onside and believing. I do suspect and element of mistrust has entered ranks. With players who've won things elsewhere and had great coaches they have the ability to compare and contrast, be it training or tactics. I wonder if some players just stare bemused at the fact Silva is wasted out wide. If he was at Madrid he'd have Ronaldo to his left and Di Maria to his right, if he was at United he'd have Young to his left and Valancia to his right, if he was at Bayern he'd have Ribery to his left and Robben to his right. Mancini doesn't do winger, why the fuck not!

Last time I looked, we were still second - how do you account for that

Because the rest of the league has been average for the last 18 months. Think about it, were it not for us, a shit Un*ted would've walked English football for 3 successive seasons.

Spot on.

That's why I laughed when people say our leagues the best. It isn't. In fact it's second and maybe third if Germany continues to get better.

United in Spain or Germany would finish third at best.

the players lost us the game not the manager. they were a shambles. there is talk of them not liking the manager and "throwing" the game, well if thats the case they can fuck off, all of them. you play to the best of your ability when you take to the field of play, fall out with him in the week but on matchday there are 3 points to be won, the whole world are watching and 3500 guys have shelled out good money to watch you perform. now if it was just "one of those days" fine but thats it now. next week we start again and you had better put that man management shit right out of your heads.

ZZmaestro said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Wenger, Klopp, Simone, Martinez or Laudrup.

Take your pick.

They would all be getting more out of our squad.

They wouldn't be afraid to look at Academy players instead of buying players like Maicon and Sinclair.

And they would all comand the respect of our squad.

Minus the "nowdays" Wenger, i agree with that.

Really?

Wenger is the one i covert over all others.

If he had a director of football saying; "Look Arsene, we don't need to sell Aguero or Silva to buy a Neymar or Falcao! You can have both and here, have the best Acedemy in England as well"

I think he could turn us into true European giants but sadly, i think we wouldn't be able to pry him from Arsenal.

If Mourniho doesnt come available in the summer then yeah, i'd give Laudrup a few seasons. At least the footy will be pretty.

Re: was I the only one..

I think we need a bit of perspective here on the Forum today.

Chelsea - Out of the title race before Xmas. Failed to get out of the Champions League Group stage. Made an absolute balls up of a two legged semi -final against Swansea.

Arsenal - Clinging desperately to their place in the Top 4. A great chance of landing a Trophy after 8 Seasons blown in a Defeat to a side from Division 2.

Liverpool - Finished as a top club and no amount of media favouritsm or FFP dodgy dealing will alter that. Season ended at Ice Station Zebra.

Now, does anybody on here want to swap places?

Blue2112 said:
A lot of us said after winning the title we had our foot on the throat of United and this was indeed the time to make it clear that we were here to stay. We should have gone out and purposely attacked our opponents and made offers that couldn't be refused. Yes RVP might not have wanted to go there before coming here but its not like we were a really poor option for him and at the end of the day money talks. Made it quite clear to the whole world that City were hear to stay and are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Instead for whatever reasons we became a soft touch and allowed our targets to go elsewhere. Yes I say allowed because I don't believe for one minute despite what players may say after the event that we couldn't have got them if we seriously wanted them. We have also for the second successive season in the eyes of European football failed and that has its consequences. This season we need to get wise and quickly. Yes coming second or third isn't a disaster and yes we've come a long way in a short space of time but that is now the reality and the world we have to live in. It's no use saying or thinking like City of old we are now big time and big time requires the best and the best starts at the top. I'm a fan of Roberto but I fear he's losing the players somewhat. He looks an aged man, stressed and tired. Watching his interviews and his public dressing down of his own players doesn't bode well and is a world away from his interviews and his persona when he first arrived here.

I honestly believe we should be creating a siege mentality here not publicly expressing disapointment with our own players, fuck knows we get enough of that from outsiders. I'm now of the opinion that this club needs a Mourinhio and somebody to stick it back to the press and shout our corner. I've respected our dignified and class response to the knockers but I've come to the end of the line and for the first time have woke up today thinking I wonder what Malcolm Allison would have said back in the 60's, don't think he'd have took half of this shit. Can Mancini attract the big players anymore, he failed with his protege Mario so will he be able to convince others and I do wonder was that a significant moment when the board finally drew a line in the sand and said enough is enough.

If the club decide Roberto has played his part then I don't think we should go to a young manager like Laudrup not now at this stage in our development as this is a fucking huge job, just look at Mancini and how he looks to be affected. We've won the league and followed it up with at least a Champions League placing and we need to go for the very best available.

I agree with most of this very good post. One thing I would say is that if we didn't get the players we wanted in the summer, it was not the Manager's fault. Someone at the club made the decisions - probably for financial (FFP?) reasons. Mancini wouldn't really have been bothered by the cost - he just wanted the players which is why he has pointed out on several occasions that RVP has made the difference for the rags.

Re: was I the only one..

Danielmanc said:
SergioInAddedTime said:
That expected to wake up to the news that Mancini was fired? He cant even motivate the players anymore, he needs to fucking go.

No you're not the only one as I am sure there is at least one more person with a view as dim as this.
Why should it be up to Mancini to motivate players if u can't get up for any game as a pro u shouldn't be a pro all u need to know is the system u are playing and the system ur opponents are playing and you as a player how to deal with that system is down to you ??

Blue2112 said:
A lot of us said after winning the title we had our foot on the throat of United and this was indeed the time to make it clear that we were here to stay. We should have gone out and purposely attacked our opponents and made offers that couldn't be refused. Yes RVP might not have wanted to come here preferring United instead but its not like we were a really poor option for him and at the end of the day money talks and if not RVP then we should have been ruthless in the summer and looked seriously at Mario and Tevez and could we offload and get better replacements. We should have made it quite clear to the whole world that City were hear to stay and are now going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Instead for whatever reasons we became a soft touch and allowed our targets to go elsewhere. Yes I say allowed because I don't believe for one minute despite what players may say after the event that we couldn't have got them if we seriously wanted them. We have also for the second successive season in the eyes of European football failed and that has its consequences. This season we need to get wise and quickly. Yes coming second or third isn't a disaster and yes we've come a long way in a short space of time but that is now the reality and the world we have to live in. It's no use saying or thinking like City of old we are now big time and big time requires the best and the best starts at the top. I'm a fan of Roberto but I fear he's losing the players somewhat. He looks an aged man, stressed and tired. Watching his interviews and his public dressing down of his own players doesn't bode well and is a world away from his interviews and his persona when he first arrived here.

I honestly believe we should be creating a siege mentality here not publicly expressing disapointment with our own players, fuck knows we get enough of that from outsiders. I'm now of the opinion that this club needs a Mourinhio and somebody to stick it back to the press and shout our corner. I've respected our dignified and class response to the knockers but I've come to the end of the line and for the first time have woke up today thinking I wonder what Malcolm Allison would have said back in the 60's, don't think he'd have took half of this shit. Can Mancini attract the big players anymore, he failed with his protege Mario so will he be able to convince others and I do wonder was that a significant moment when the board finally drew a line in the sand and said enough is enough.

If the club decide Roberto has played his part then I don't think we should go to a young manager like Laudrup not now at this stage in our development as this is a fucking huge job, just look at Mancini and how he looks to be affected. We've won the league and followed it up with at least a Champions League placing and we need to go for the very best available.

Sensible stuff, Professor.

de niro said:
the players lost us the game not the manager. they were a shambles. there is talk of them not liking the manager and "throwing" the game, well if thats the case they can fuck off, all of them. you play to the best of your ability when you take to the field of play, fall out with him in the week but on matchday there are 3 points to be won, the whole world are watching and 3500 guys have shelled out good money to watch you perform. now if it was just "one of those days" fine but thats it now. next week we start again and you had better put that man management shit right out of your heads.
Really De Niro? Can you actually tell me what Mancini is paid £8million a year for? Is he just meant to pick a team week in week out and say "there you go, job done! now it's down to the players!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.