Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mancini out?

Marvin said:
Blue2112 said:
A lot of us said after winning the title we had our foot on the throat of United and this was indeed the time to make it clear that we were here to stay. We should have gone out and purposely attacked our opponents and made offers that couldn't be refused. Yes RVP might not have wanted to come here preferring United instead but its not like we were a really poor option for him and at the end of the day money talks and if not RVP then we should have been ruthless in the summer and looked seriously at Mario and Tevez and could we offload and get better replacements. We should have made it quite clear to the whole world that City were hear to stay and are now going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Instead for whatever reasons we became a soft touch and allowed our targets to go elsewhere. Yes I say allowed because I don't believe for one minute despite what players may say after the event that we couldn't have got them if we seriously wanted them. We have also for the second successive season in the eyes of European football failed and that has its consequences. This season we need to get wise and quickly. Yes coming second or third isn't a disaster and yes we've come a long way in a short space of time but that is now the reality and the world we have to live in. It's no use saying or thinking like City of old we are now big time and big time requires the best and the best starts at the top. I'm a fan of Roberto but I fear he's losing the players somewhat. He looks an aged man, stressed and tired. Watching his interviews and his public dressing down of his own players doesn't bode well and is a world away from his interviews and his persona when he first arrived here.

I honestly believe we should be creating a siege mentality here not publicly expressing disapointment with our own players, fuck knows we get enough of that from outsiders. I'm now of the opinion that this club needs a Mourinhio and somebody to stick it back to the press and shout our corner. I've respected our dignified and class response to the knockers but I've come to the end of the line and for the first time have woke up today thinking I wonder what Malcolm Allison would have said back in the 60's, don't think he'd have took half of this shit. Can Mancini attract the big players anymore, he failed with his protege Mario so will he be able to convince others and I do wonder was that a significant moment when the board finally drew a line in the sand and said enough is enough.

If the club decide Roberto has played his part then I don't think we should go to a young manager like Laudrup not now at this stage in our development as this is a fucking huge job, just look at Mancini and how he looks to be affected. We've won the league and followed it up with at least a Champions League placing and we need to go for the very best available.
1 or 2 signings, not necessarily RVP, would have done.

Instead we splurged £50m on players who added depth but no real quality, and lost De Jong, AJ and eventually Balotelli. Not big losses perhaps, but AJ and Mario won games for us last season.

We didn't have to sign world class players in the bracket of RVP, but players who had the potential to add to our team. There are plenty of forwards at Premiership clubs who I would have as a partner to Aguero now over and above what we have.

I very much agree that there are quite a number of players in the Premiership that would compliment our squad, even players like Puncheon yesterday. I've seen him a few times now and he's always impressed me, young and eager and has definetly got something. I'm not saying he'd be able to compete at the top level because I haven't seen enough of him but there are definetly players around that would not cost millions that are better than what we acquired in the summer. For the life of me I can't get my head around Sinclair, Rodwell, Garcia, Maicon and yes even Richard Wright as a third choice keeper, was that actually neccessary as I view it as another needless wage bill small as it may be.

CC1 said:
NipHolmes said:
CC1 said:
Last time I looked, we were still second - how do you account for that

The players we have are quality that's why, also take into account that Arsenal sold RVP and Song and Chelsea have sacked a manager and replaced with a clown whilst also bedding in new players.

The way it's going I'd be happy to finish second. Now if you said at start of season that we'd crash out of Europe behind Ajax, would trail United 12 points (possibly later) by mid feb and would only have the FA Cup to look forward to, what would you have said?

I probably would not have thought such a thing but you are not taking into account - or giving credit - to the fact that the rags have won the most points after 25 games, than ever in their history. We are the only team in the league that has been close to challenging them. We are second in the league and you are acting as if we are second from bottom.

Are the rags to blame for us being shit against QPR and Southampton as well as Europe?

Are the rags to blame for us not having any wingers?

Are the rags to blame for Mancini slaughtering players in public?

I couldn't give a fuck about United, we need to sort our own house before worrying about others.

Marvin said:
Blue2112 said:
A lot of us said after winning the title we had our foot on the throat of United and this was indeed the time to make it clear that we were here to stay. We should have gone out and purposely attacked our opponents and made offers that couldn't be refused. Yes RVP might not have wanted to come here preferring United instead but its not like we were a really poor option for him and at the end of the day money talks and if not RVP then we should have been ruthless in the summer and looked seriously at Mario and Tevez and could we offload and get better replacements. We should have made it quite clear to the whole world that City were hear to stay and are now going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Instead for whatever reasons we became a soft touch and allowed our targets to go elsewhere. Yes I say allowed because I don't believe for one minute despite what players may say after the event that we couldn't have got them if we seriously wanted them. We have also for the second successive season in the eyes of European football failed and that has its consequences. This season we need to get wise and quickly. Yes coming second or third isn't a disaster and yes we've come a long way in a short space of time but that is now the reality and the world we have to live in. It's no use saying or thinking like City of old we are now big time and big time requires the best and the best starts at the top. I'm a fan of Roberto but I fear he's losing the players somewhat. He looks an aged man, stressed and tired. Watching his interviews and his public dressing down of his own players doesn't bode well and is a world away from his interviews and his persona when he first arrived here.

I honestly believe we should be creating a siege mentality here not publicly expressing disapointment with our own players, fuck knows we get enough of that from outsiders. I'm now of the opinion that this club needs a Mourinhio and somebody to stick it back to the press and shout our corner. I've respected our dignified and class response to the knockers but I've come to the end of the line and for the first time have woke up today thinking I wonder what Malcolm Allison would have said back in the 60's, don't think he'd have took half of this shit. Can Mancini attract the big players anymore, he failed with his protege Mario so will he be able to convince others and I do wonder was that a significant moment when the board finally drew a line in the sand and said enough is enough.

If the club decide Roberto has played his part then I don't think we should go to a young manager like Laudrup not now at this stage in our development as this is a fucking huge job, just look at Mancini and how he looks to be affected. We've won the league and followed it up with at least a Champions League placing and we need to go for the very best available.

Instead we splurged £50m on players who added depth but no real quality, and lost De Jong, AJ and eventually Balotelli. Not big losses perhaps, but AJ and Mario won games for us last season.

We didn't have to sign world class players in the bracket of RVP, but players who had the potential to add to our team. There are plenty of forwards at Premiership clubs who I would have as a partner to Aguero now over and above what we have.

Dzeko scores, he does enough to warrant better service and he has been failed imho.

We have lost 3 games all season, unlike some of the smacked arses on here i can remember times in the past where we have lost three games in a week.

I was as frustrated as anyone yesterday but we need some perspective as well.

Yesterday's fiasco just put under lime light the scenario of this season :
we've been deceived by our great defense form since VK & Nasty were in charge and securing clean sheets after clean sheets.
Some just haven't realised yet how difficult it became for us to get our strikers in scoring position, how wastefull we're upfront, and how unthreatening our midfield has become.

Yes, Mancini hit a brick wall and hasn't been able to work this arround since the Charrity Shield.
Question : has he still got the trust from the board, will he have a second chance to get the team back on track for next season ?

NipHolmes said:
Marvin said:
Blue2112 said:

Dzeko scores, he does enough to warrant better service and he has been failed imho.
He is a title winning player, but nearly all his goals come from crosses

We are caught between two styles now. Playing down the wings to service Dzeko or playing through the middle for Aguero. They do Not play together, so we need to be decisive and play one or the other

Remember the last game of the 2008 season? Boro 8 - City 1.

The players out there were not that shit, they were making a point. I don't think they were yesterday, but something ain't right at City. If they play like that against Leeds, you can bet Mancini will be treading a very fine line until the end of the season, if he isn't bollocksed already.

Dzeko's goal was scrappy at best yesterday, and we have lacked any real threat in front of goal for some time. Defensively weak, we have been ripe for the taking and have been mis-firing all season.

I would expect to see some VIPs arrive at Manchester Airport this week, or else RM go on a little trip UAE-side for some hard nosed discussions. Some of the players need a shape-up or prepare to ship-out in Summer chat.

abu13 said:
We have lost 3 games all season, unlike some of the smacked arses on here i can remember times in the past where we have lost three games in a week.

I was as frustrated as anyone yesterday but we need some perspective as well.
could not agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.