Mancini Outers - Who do you suggest?

Ducky_ said:
Is Hiddink available?

We need somebody with experience of English football.

Ironically Mancini has spent more time managing English football than Hiddink.

Ducky_ said:
Is Hiddink available?

We need somebody with experience of English football.

nope
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guus_Hiddink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guus_Hiddink</a>

It will be a wait and see. No point in getting rid of Mancini at the moment let him see out the season. This is make or brake time coming up he rested a number of players tonight. So he needs to get a result at the Baggies and a win at home against the Rags. Sadly if we loose our next 2 games it could well be the end of his time at the club as the run of defeats would be the worst by far considering the squad of players we have.

As for a replacement I would have no problem with O ' Neill taking over he got Villa playing some good football last year so it is a decent choice. Wont cost a lot to get him in has the experience of the English game. Also he had a short stint at the club in his playing days. He will get a top job sooner rather than later.

Very few managers could definitely take us further than Mancini might be able to. I reckon two managers would probably do a better job:

1. Mourinho
2. Wenger

Neither available.

The following may *possibly* do a better job but it is just as big a risk that may not pay off.

1. Guardiola
2. Redknapp
3. Pellegrini
4. del Bosque
5. Hiddink

None of them available.

After that you get to the very questionable like...

1. Moyes
2. Rijkaard
3. Low
4. O'Neill

Two of them available and one just got sacked after flopping badly in Turkey. The other is O'Neill who I have serious reservations about.

Mancini's job should be safe if only because so few quality managers are available. Not to mention upheaval again is potentially suicidal unless it's a manager who could use our existing squad to better effect.

leighton said:
It will be a wait and see. No point in getting rid of Mancini at the moment let him see out the season. This is make or brake time coming up he rested a number of players tonight. So he needs to get a result at the Baggies and a win at home against the Rags. Sadly if we loose our next 2 games it could well be the end of his time at the club as the run of defeats would be the worst by far considering the squad of players we have.

As for a replacement I would have no problem with O ' Neill taking over he got Villa playing some good football last year so it is a decent choice. Wont cost a lot to get him in has the experience of the English game. Also he had a short stint at the club in his playing days. He will get a top job sooner rather than later.

Tend to agree, but lets not pick or guess the next manager, that's just typical 'Unlucky City' we should stay positive, hang in there (for Gods sake, we have the players) as supporters we need to see what happens over the next 6 games then start the big hunt for a new manager maybe?

I am not a 'Mancini Outer' *sigh* but if it got to the point of no return mid-season and the dressing room became more fraught and we needed someone to come in to sort the egos out and also sort the football out, Hiddink has to be top of the list.

It's his speciality. Realistic? That's another matter.

Its alright people saying Redknap as hes a decent manager -

Ask yourselves this - Would he attract better players than we have to move us forward again?

At Spuds hes been a bit lucky - Modric 1 year on suddeny started finding his feet - was always a good player

VDV - handed to him on a plate by RM probably didn't want him to go to a team at their level.

Bale - came into the team when left back got injured and has improved by about 10000 %

Is other signings are typical desent prem players who he knows well.

He's probably at the highest level he'll ever get.

Whoever comes in IF we change needs to be renown across the world or at least europ not just the prem

Bombo said:
That's the problem Mancini has bought the players etc but is making Hughes look good at the moment. Sacking him is pointless but keeping him is pointless this is a classic no win situation. My own opinion is I wish we would be more attacking and create more chances then if we lose at least we've had a go at teams this negative stuff is ok if you win 1-0 every week but pretty dire if you lose as well as bore the pants off everyone.
Sums up my feelings entirely. Rather have a go and lose at the moment than not have a go and lose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.