Mancini outers

r.soleofsalford said:
awest said:
How do you feel about him at the moment? serious question because with so much of the media changing their stance i wondered if you would be giving him your full support at the moment.

mancini outer`s arent they hiding under the bed with the balotelli outers because they think balo is fucking useless and a twat

wrong....i stood firmly in the camp of not trusting mancini's tactics or more so the way he shackled our gameplay and players when he first arrived...the day he signed, my mate in milan text me taking the piss and this somewhat clouded my judgement. I still need to see how we perform in the champs league tbf, this is the weakness in bobbys career at the moment.

on the other hand....i have championed balo since the day he came and still state that this lad will be the best in the world in the next couple of years and he will be as influential for us as cantona was for the rags

r.soleofsalford said:
awest said:
How do you feel about him at the moment? serious question because with so much of the media changing their stance i wondered if you would be giving him your full support at the moment.

mancini outer`s arent they hiding under the bed with the balotelli outers because they think balo is fucking useless and a twat

I have always seen Balo's potential and have only ever supported him on here.

Didsbury Dave said:
The most important part of his job he's done, which is designing a balanced team who fullfil their potential on the field. The current team is doing that and have been since the cup semi. He deserves huge praise for that and i will be eternally grateful for last weeks win.

He still does things I don't like, like picking kolo in Munich. I also think his people management skills are patchy and he loses his cool under pressure.

But the ends obviously justify the means at the moment -in spades.The season could still collapse of course , but I don't think it will. I've said since the end of last season the title is the target because we are the best team and I am very optimistic that we will win it. Last season I didn't think he had that in him but he's proved me wrong.

Do I still have doubts about him? Yes, if I'm brutally honest, but a lot less than I had 12 months ago. The best thing is that as a manager, the more success you have, the more the weaknesses I perceive become less important. What I mean by that is that the more you win things, the more respect the players have for you, and the more you learn about your team.

This season is the litmus test. So far so good. So far so fucking brilliant in fact . These days as a blue are like living a dream.

The last Cabal meeting , someone dared to change the record.

[bigimg]http://tonyhannan.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/listening-to-records2.jpg[/bigimg]

remoh said:
r.soleofsalford said:
awest said:

I have always seen Balo's potential and have only ever supported him on here.

good lad

I wasn't convinced at first. Thought he rolled over when things got tough and played defence too much.

I get him now and want him to stay.

It was the post match interviews following the Tevez saga at Bayern that showed how his head works. When he took Dzeko off myself and everyone around me couldn't understand the change to De Jong. We were infuriated. I was thinking, he's done it again! From where I was sat I couldn't see the dug out drama enfolding.

It was during the post match interview we found out he just wanted to settle to defense and then get Tevez on and get back into attack mode.

The only noble 'OUT' cause was Hughes Out.

Historians already look back on it as one of the defining moments in mankind's history.

They have also got a soft spot for Thaksin Out too.

shadygiz said:
r.soleofsalford said:
awest said:

wrong....i stood firmly in the camp of not trusting mancini's tactics or more so the way he shackled our gameplay and players when he first arrived...the day he signed, my mate in milan text me taking the piss and this somewhat clouded my judgement. I still need to see how we perform in the champs league tbf, this is the weakness in bobbys career at the moment.

on the other hand....i have championed balo since the day he came and still state that this lad will be the best in the world in the next couple of years and he will be as influential for us as cantona was for the rags

my question to bob last year was, how much money do we have to spend and how much time will we need to gel so we can stand toe to toe with the best teams in the prem. of course he didnt answer me in words but this season his team have answered for him in actions

u2fme2 said:
why bring this tread up again ?
Why not ? Its a perfectly reasonable discussion point, especially at the moment with us doing so well.

Personally I've always backed him, and I'm pretty sure that since day one he's been wanting to get us playing the way we are now. However he simply didn't have the players at the start, and its taken time to get them, or mould the ones we had into what they are now. The team he inherited was considerably flawed, for one the defence had had no decent coaching in 18 months, and it showed with how easily we conceded, this needed fixing immediately, and by and large he did that.

The biggest thing about this squad now is its flexibility, and this has taken time to create, and its whay we were often defensive last year in bigger games, plus he had a target last year of 4th or better, and that was a tough one, and it meant not losing in certain games.

Since day one though he has wanted players who can adapt in the game, we have defenders that can play midfield, fullbacks who can play as wingers, midfielders who can play holding or attacking, this is what makes us what we currently are.

Did I question things ? Yes of course, he annoyed the crap out of me at times last year, he changed the defence every week, and neither they nor Hart had confidence in each other, he's still doing this to a degree, but he's making less, more subtle changes at the moment.

The biggest single improvement though is Aguero for Tevez, this has made us a much better all round team because Aguero works for the team not himself. Tevez might be a fine player, but he doesn't play for the team, and while he carried us to 3rd last year with his goals, we are scoring more now, and they are coming from all over the team.

Now to sort out the champions league form, because that is his next big task, a win on Wednesday will go some way to doing that, but we need to be winning all our remaining games now imho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.