Mancini over Hughes?

Mancini has a good skill on managing and preparing players for both PML and Eufa league plus 6 players for England team.
How good he is will be seen in coming FA cup competition,when that time he must manage team for PML,Eufa cup and FA cup.

oversea supporter said:
Mancini has a good skill on managing and preparing players for both PML and Eufa league plus 6 players for England team.
How good he is will be seen in coming FA cup competition,when that time he must manage team for PML,Eufa cup and FA cup.

He'll dump the fa cup.

SkyBlueCitizen said:
C1TY4LIFE said:
Read an interesting fact in the M.E.N today saying that a total net spen by Hughes in 2 transfer windows was £220M whilst our Bobbys is £101M.
This is an unfair argument towards Hughes, cuz Hughes had to rebuild a team while Mancio used a spine Hughes bought, thus Mancio need not spend as much, cuz like the old saying goes, "Don't fix what is not damaged."

Cheers.

I can easily put another spin to this and say it is easier for Hughes to buy whoever he needs then and mold them into whatever formation he desired whereas Mancini has to make do with what was passed on to him.

Do we really need this now? Hasn't the Hughes/Mancini thing done enough damage?

Time to put the past to bed and look to the future. Time to accentuate the positives and leave the negatives behind.

Gelsons Dad said:
Do we really need this now? Hasn't the Hughes/Mancini thing done enough damage?

Time to put the past to bed and look to the future. Time to accentuate the positives and leave the negatives behind.
100% agree.

Last season Hughes' defence system was very weak, scores from good strikers such as Tavez,Bellami and Ade seem useless.
This match,Fulam V City didn't confirm that Mancini has completely built the team or the players are already clicked but shown that Hughes still doesn't try to make a good defence team as well as when he managed City.

de niro said:
bluethai said:
I see, Hughes had to rebuild the team from 9th to 10th.

More drivel.

Peoples obsession with Hughes knocking is an embarrassment.
It's just another football related opinion, why so serious on particular subject? It's no news day and other topics are a lot more boring than this. Who in the right mind want to come to a football forum to discuss about where is that member? Or read about member's confession/admission, or want to know who went to where before/after kick off? ;)

bluethai said:
de niro said:
More drivel.

Peoples obsession with Hughes knocking is an embarrassment.
It's just another football related opinion, why so serious on particular subject? It's no news day and other topics are a lot more boring than this. Who in the right mind want to come to a football forum to discuss about where is that member? Or read about member's confession/admission, or want to know who went to where before/after kick off? ;)

People are just tired of or plain bored of it, I didn't particularly like Hughes but it really is time to give it a rest. We should thank him for the great players he brought to the club and leave it at that.

Mancini, I suspect, has better knowledge of the European players/teams and therefore has better and wider perspective.

Couple of points to make:

1. This isn't really necessary is it? Some people really need to get over their Hughes obsession. Supporting Mancini =/= hating Hughes. Can we really not talk about Mancini's signings without referring to someone who was dignified in his dismissal and remains fairly complementary about City and 'the project'?

2. As well as making some awful buys, he made some brilliant ones too. I think Hughes is one of those managers who's better on a budget. Probably the wrong man for the job but that's not his fault. When he joined, he was at a totally different club with a different set of issues.

3. I do think Mancini is better than Hughes in the transfer market overall. I really like his policy of buying young. I think we'll see a lot more value from Mancini's signings in the long run because of this, in both resale value and longevity. I also think he's been able to attract names than Hughes wouldn't have been able to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.