Mancini over Hughes?

Prestwich_Blue said:
C1TY4LIFE said:
I agree Mark Hughes was the most pro-active person in the window but lets review what he bough.

Hughes signed

Glauber Berti - GONE
How could you knock a manager who signed such a legend? And Berti's body may have departed but his spirit lives on in the corridors of CoMS.

PMSL

Call me insane, but I think I;ll reserve judgement on Kolarov, Boateng and co. for a few more games, rather than hail the second coming after 2/3 games. They look good, could grow to be great, but let;'s have a bit of perspective here. Long season ahead.

What I do like about Mancini's fullback policy is that he demands tall, quick and physical players in those positions. No more balls over the top to exploit us. Thank you Roberto, an excellent policy imo - we got found out in this area too many times in recent seasons.

Whilst I agree that the Hughes Mancini debate is a little pointless, as Mancini is clearly more progressive, driven and a lot more likely to be successful than Hughes.
City fans like to stand up for Mancini because;
A, He gets a rough ride off a lot of City fans.
B, Mancini is not liked by the media and Hughes' spending seems to be blamed on him.
C, Hughes seems to be a media darling, even though he took us up 1 place in the league spending over £200m in 18 months, and his only other achievement in management was NEARLY taking Wales to a tournament.

Yes if you are a Hughes fan you can say he signed the spine of the side, but there is no doubting Mancini has vastly improved Hughes' better signings.
Mancini has turned De Jong into a world class defensive midfielder, 10 times the player he was a year ago, I give Mancini & Viera the credit for this. Mancini has turned Kompany into a world class centre half, Hughes played him centre mid, whan he played him that is, Kolo Toure looked like a clown last season, now looks like the Toure of old and Tevez has scored 30 odd goals since Mancini's arrival, and was struggling to find any form under Hughes.

Mancini has added youth, ability and exciting players to the squad, and Hughes has left us with a lot of deadwood with very limited sell on potential, Bridge, Jo, SWP, RSC & Lescott cost £75m plus and what would we get for them now?

I don't like to look backwards, but I do think it helps in demonstrating how Mancini has brought us and how far he can take us. I am not anti Hughes I'm very pro Mancini and our future!

schfc6 said:
Whilst I agree that the Hughes Mancini debate is a little pointless, as Mancini is clearly more progressive, driven and a lot more likely to be successful than Hughes.
City fans like to stand up for Mancini because;
A, He gets a rough ride off a lot of City fans.
B, Mancini is not liked by the media and Hughes' spending seems to be blamed on him.
C, Hughes seems to be a media darling, even though he took us up 1 place in the league spending over £200m in 18 months, and his only other achievement in management was NEARLY taking Wales to a tournament.

Yes if you are a Hughes fan you can say he signed the spine of the side, but there is no doubting Mancini has vastly improved Hughes' better signings.
Mancini has turned De Jong into a world class defensive midfielder, 10 times the player he was a year ago, I give Mancini & Viera the credit for this. Mancini has turned Kompany into a world class centre half, Hughes played him centre mid, whan he played him that is, Kolo Toure looked like a clown last season, now looks like the Toure of old and Tevez has scored 30 odd goals since Mancini's arrival, and was struggling to find any form under Hughes.

Mancini has added youth, ability and exciting players to the squad, and Hughes has left us with a lot of deadwood with very limited sell on potential, Bridge, Jo, SWP, RSC & Lescott cost £75m plus and what would we get for them now?

I don't like to look backwards, but I do think it helps in demonstrating how Mancini has brought us and how far he can take us. I am not anti Hughes I'm very pro Mancini and our future!
City fans like to stand up for Mancini because-despite him throwing away our best chance of a trophy & FAILING to reach the chumps league & (although it seems the penny has dropped) has spent another £130 million & has had us playing a type of negative football that a huge majority of fans at the game found mind numbing-he isn't Hughes.
Tevez has scored 30 odd goals since Mancini's arrival, and was struggling to find any form under Hughes
I'm just going to pick that out because i ain't got all night,Tevez did not find form until after Xmas for the simple reason he was still on catchup as far as fitness is concerned. In no way shape or form has mancini had anything other than a negative impact on Tevez, it is the player being proffesional & not asking for a transfer after mancini's disgusting rant about his family that should be applauded not the managers laughable improving him as a player.
We seem to have a core on here that seem obsessed with a manager that's not even at our club anymore,let it go you got what you want just be happy with a great win,nft.

City fans like to stand up for Mancini because-despite him throwing away our best chance of a trophy & FAILING to reach the chumps league & (although it seems the penny has dropped) has spent another £130 million & has had us playing a type of negative football that a huge majority of fans at the game found mind numbing-he isn't Hughes.
Tevez has scored 30 odd goals since Mancini's arrival, and was struggling to find any form under Hughes
I'm just going to pick that out because i ain't got all night,Tevez did not find form until after Xmas for the simple reason he was still on catchup as far as fitness is concerned. In no way shape or form has mancini had anything other than a negative impact on Tevez, it is the player being proffesional & not asking for a transfer after mancini's disgusting rant about his family that should be applauded not the managers laughable improving him as a player.
We seem to have a core on here that seem obsessed with a manager that's not even at our club anymore,let it go you got what you want just be happy with a great win,nft.[/quote]

Mancini threw away our best chance of a trophy? Loosing over two legs to United by 1 goal, I'm pretty sure Hughes would have done that too. Failed to get in the Champs league, granted he did but with a side built by Hughes that left us in 8th place after the Spurs away game.
Spent another £130 million, that would imply he had already spent £130 million, he didn't that's my point, Hughes spent the money and left us with a weak squad.that cost a fortune, leaving Mancini to heavily improve the form of De Jong, Kompany, Toure and yes Tevez.
You say Mancini insulted Tevez family? When? Is that made up? I can't even find it on google.
Mancini then in your opinion got Tevez fit, installed him as our central striker in place of Adebayor and Tevez has gone on to have the best 12 months of football in his career. I guess Mancini has had very little impact there.
Mancini and negative football is today's fashionable bandwagon, I just have opted to stay off it and form my own opinion, yes some games are dull,I guess if you ask anyone who follows Chelsea or United they will tell you of boring games. 14 games have been played so far this season in the league. Yes Birmingham and United was turgid, but WBA, Blackpool, Fulham and Liverpool were games full of attacking vigour, and I guess by the players Mancini has signed his intent is to attack.
In Mancini's 18 months we will achieve CL football, will probably win a trophy and for £120 million, and Hughes' 18 months we spent £220 million, went from 9th to 8th!<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:40 pm --<br /><br />8th to 9th via 10th and a 0-3 home loss to Forest in the FA cup.

the team that beat fulham was all mh team apart from 3 players so he did buy some good players

Scottyboi said:
allyboy said:
The left back situation..

Bobby signs Kolarov

Hughes signed Bridge.

That is all.

What sort of argument is that, we were in the early phase of our development and I doubt Kolarov even knew who we were untill last season. The spine of the team are Hughes recruits we should be grateful. Except for Santa

The correct answer is Kolarov wouldn't really know Hughes, but everyone who plays in Italy and probably Spain, knows Inter and knows Mancini.
Hughes bought 4 players who are going to be legends, but I think Bobby is capable of attracting the very best from across europe, not simply journeymen from the epl.

Skashion said:
Couple of points to make:

1. This isn't really necessary is it? Some people really need to get over their Hughes obsession. Supporting Mancini =/= hating Hughes. Can we really not talk about Mancini's signings without referring to someone who was dignified in his dismissal and remains fairly complementary about City and 'the project'?

2. As well as making some awful buys, he made some brilliant ones too. I think Hughes is one of those managers who's better on a budget. Probably the wrong man for the job but that's not his fault. When he joined, he was at a totally different club with a different set of issues.

3. I do think Mancini is better than Hughes in the transfer market overall. I really like his policy of buying young. I think we'll see a lot more value from Mancini's signings in the long run because of this, in both resale value and longevity. I also think he's been able to attract names than Hughes wouldn't have been able to.

100% agree.

Time to lay off MH.

He's in the past, just like KK, Ron Saunders, Billy M'cNeil, Les M'cDowell etc, etc.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
100% agree.

Time to lay off MH.

He's in the past, just like KK, Ron Saunders, Billy M'cNeil, Les M'cDowell etc, etc.

Yeah - the Hughes Outers just can't let it go, sad twats.

Why can't they be like the Saunders Outers? You never hear a peep out of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.