Mancini over Hughes?

Ha, nice try Squirty,

simply trying to reply to those people who constantly defend Hughes.... still.

the Lb situation was a long term problem for us and hughes in his wisdom decided to pay 10 mill for a second choice Lb that hadn't played first team regular football for a long time.

Mancini decided to wait a little, and get what will be our best signing in years.
AK has the lot.... in abundance.

If only life was that simple squirtypants?.

Well it is.. if you know what you're doing.

squirtyflower said:
if only life was so simple allyboy

then again maybe it is for you

Scottyboi said:
allyboy said:
The left back situation..

Bobby signs Kolarov

Hughes signed Bridge.

That is all.

What sort of argument is that, we were in the early phase of our development and I doubt Kolarov even knew who we were untill last season. The spine of the team are Hughes recruits we should be grateful. Except for Santa

Managers buy what is available, what they think the team needs, sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn't. The view I have of RSC is scoring two goals against us, not the goals he has scored for us.

I think more and better players are likely to sign for MCFC with Mancini in charge rather than Hughes. Think that says it all.

Hope I'm still around to read Hughes autobiography.

allyboy said:
Ha, nice try Squirty,

the Lb situation was a long term problem for us and hughes in his wisdom decided to pay 10 mill for a second choice Lb that hadn't played first team regular football for a long time.

Mancini decided to wait a little, and get what will be our best signing in years.

squirtyflower said:
if only life was so simple allyboy

then again maybe it is for you
life is usually simple for the obsessed, you're right there

Correct 100%. thats why Mancini is obsessed with getting it right.

squirtyflower said:
allyboy said:
Ha, nice try Squirty,

life is usually simple for the obsessed, you're right there

Scottyboi said:
allyboy said:
The left back situation..

Bobby signs Kolarov

Hughes signed Bridge.

That is all.

What sort of argument is that, we were in the early phase of our development and I doubt Kolarov even knew who we were untill last season. The spine of the team are Hughes recruits we should be grateful. Except for Santa

Everyone keeps going on about how Hughes players are the spine of the team, pity he couldn't get them to perform which is what a manager does. Hughes is a very good scout in that case faking it as a manager.

SkyBlueCitizen said:
C1TY4LIFE said:
Read an interesting fact in the M.E.N today saying that a total net spen by Hughes in 2 transfer windows was £220M whilst our Bobbys is £101M.
This is an unfair argument towards Hughes, cuz Hughes had to rebuild a team while Mancio used a spine Hughes bought, thus Mancio need not spend as much, cuz like the old saying goes, "Don't fix what is not damaged."

Cheers.

I agree Mark Hughes was the most pro-active person in the window but lets review what he bough.

Hughes signed

Jo - BENCH
Tal Ben-Haim - GONE
Vincent Kompany - FIRST XI
Shaun Wright-Phillips - BENCH/RESERVES
Pablo Zabaleta - BENCH
Glauber Berti - GONE
Robinho - GONE
Wayne Bridge - BENCH/RESERVES
Craig Bellamy - LOAN
Nigel de Jong - FIRST XI
Shay Given - BENCH
Gareth Barry - FIRST XI
Stuart Taylor - RESERVES
Roque Santa Cruz - BENCH/RESERVES
Kolo Toure - FIRST XI
Carlos Tevez - FIRST XI
Emmanuel Adebayor - COULD BE GOING
Sylvinho - GONE
Joleon Lescott - RESERVES

Only 5 out of the 19 Mark Hughes signings make it into the first XI

Mancini

Patrick Vieira - BENCH
Adam Johnson - BENCH
James Milner - FIRST XI
Mario Balotelli - FIRST XI
Aleksandar Kolarov - FIRST XI
Yaya Toure - FIRST XI/BENCH
David Silva - FIRST XI
Jerome Boateng - FIRST XI

5 out of 8 of Mancini signings are in his first XI (being Milner gets rotated a few times)

The ones on ther bench are simply because AJ is young Viera is just for support and YaYa who I can see being rotated with a few other midfielders once Balotelli is in the team.

Hughes whilst he did by well in Kompany, De Jong and Tevez also bought a fair few wasters, I'm yet to see a Mancini signing that has been a waste of money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.